Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭dmcsweeney

Some day here in mid Cork. Snowing pretty much continuously since 8pm yesterday. Long day of sledding and drinking : ). Enjoy all!! I somehow think we won't be referencing 2010 anymore when we speak about winter!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

NufcNavan wrote: »
    It hasn't stopped snowing in D15 since yesterday evening.
    Said same thing to better half she's thinking 36+ constant snow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Gonna have to get shovelling before the thaw. Dreading it already!

Still bucketing down in Sallins, Kildare.

28468452_10155103734536121_6185046115067363328_o.jpg?oh=56c4b9a615f69757747c75b26d908e89&oe=5B00E91D

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

I’d ring the clondalkin Garda station and see is the army about with a jeep that could get them in?
    I'm afraid the Gardai could be of no help other than telling her it's a long walk. Received a PM from a poster so hopefully that might come to something. The option of not going isn't considered at all.
    Just got a text saying that suggestion from PM not going to work either. Civil Defence office closed until morning..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Been thawing here (Monasterevin) all day. No snow to speak of today.

Now raining very lightly (Drizzle).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Intense blizzard conditions D14- probably two inches falling every hour
    By far the heaviest snow we've gotten since this event started

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I wonder how high the drifts are on the Wicklow Mountains. It'll probably be like something you see from Japan when they clear the roads on high ground.
    There could still be snow up there into April.
    Power City in Tallaght have the record for the latest snow I've ever seen. In 2010 they cleared the carpark into a big compressed heap that was still there 5 weeks after everything else melted. A shadow of its former massive self, but still there.

Still thumping down in Tallaght/Firhouse. For the record, I'm very much of the 'snow is a pain in the hole' camp. Any of the wise forecasters here willing to predict when life can go back to normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

RTE news reporter just said that “metres of snow have fallen in County Meath” :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Tzardine wrote: »
    Been thawing here (Monasterevin) all day. No snow to speak of today.

Now raining very lightly (Drizzle).
    Packing for a move to Monasterevin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Stopping in Dublin 9 ,😒

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JDD

Yeah I think they got the blizzard days wrong. Has been chucking it down here in Booterstown since 9am. Never seen snow this deep. This is going to take a week to thaw.

God I hope my childminder can drive up from bray on Monday. Cabin fever by Monday will be at St. John of gods levels 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I’m sick of all the wedding stories

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭RustyGate

MJohnston wrote: »
    I was sitting earlier looking out at all my neighbours wearing themselves out for hours clearing and shovelling snow off their driveways...not even 3 hours later and all of it is completely buried again.

I seriously wonder how people are so bad at understanding forecasts...or maybe they did understand but just wanted away from their husbands or wives for a couple of hours :D

I could be wrong but I thought ME or maybe it was the National Emergency folks did announce early this morning that it would be sleet and rain today with no further accumulation, only to rapidly change their minds when the snow intensified instead, so maybe that misled some people ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Love the snow but not the prolonged event now. Waiting on post to come from limerick early next week so hopefully things start to resume

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭bloopy

Just back from a long walk and get the impression from the thread that more snowfall is forecast tonight. Has there been a change to the forecast in the last hour or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Snowing again in Cork (Douglas) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

snowing again on the northside of cork city!!!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Lightly snowing again in Wilton/Bishopstown Cork City. Heaviest stuff looks like it will miss us though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Snowing again, Rochestown in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

bloopy wrote: »
    Just back from a long walk and get the impression from the thread that more snowfall is forecast tonight. Has there been a change to the forecast in the last hour or 2?

Yes indeed, Red Warning has been extended in many eastern counties to 0900 tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

D9Male wrote: »
    Stopping in Dublin 9 ,😒

Not in my part is isn’t (hoping it will soon!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Still snowing in Celbridge. No significant letup for best part of 3 days. I think we just have to accept this new ice-age.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

The back garden will be flooded when this melts.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Less than 100m visibility in Clondalkin. Plough and tractor stuck in drift.

• Administrators Posts: 53,847 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It looks like it's raining in D18 now.

Not sure if it's actually rain, but the windows have water drops all over them as if it was rain and that's the first time we've seen that during this whole storm. Maybe the snow is so fine now it's melting as soon as it hits a window.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

awec wrote: »
    It looks like it's raining in D18 now.

Not sure if it's actually rain, but the windows have water drops all over them as if it was rain and that's the first time we've seen that during this whole storm.

Its certainly not rain........ Fine snow most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

When is it supposed to stop in South Dublin?

Also will it get heavier?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

Vxlks wrote: »
    When is it supposed to stop in South Dublin?

Also will it get heavier?

Tomorrow morning at some stage I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Non-stop all day in Greystones, and eastern clouds still dark. This is incredible stuff.

Advertisement