Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Going full tilt in Drogheda now, image taken 5 minutes ago.

giphy.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Quick video of my back garden (Lusk) about 30 mins ago... my dog debating having another run around, she has loved it so far! Video stalls for a bit for some reason but the intensity of snow is obvious enough.

Heading to bed dissapointed again, someone tell me I will wake up to snow in Mallow?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

glack wrote: »
    Red weather warning has already taken effect I know, but what time are conditions expected to worsen? Currently in Mayo (so shouldn't get the worst of the weather) and have a family member in hospital that ideally someone would get in to visit tomorrow before things get too bad. Does the 4pm kick off for the stormy conditions still stand?

Snow still lying in Castlebar after a heavy 15 minute fall nearly 10 hours ago that literally came out of nowhere which produced a brief white out event and nothing as bad since, actually not a flake since 18.00,so it is hard to say, very much a nowcast event for Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Heading to bed dissapointed again, someone tell me I will wake up to snow in Mallow?

You probably won't.

Tomorrow evening though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

I don't think people can even comprehend what is coming tomorrow. The word blizzard has been said here a thousand times today but what they experienced was not even close to the 2nd cousin of a blizzard. Tomorrow will go down in weather folklore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Okay the weather is listening to my giveouts, very heavy here for last few mins.

Jesus you're right :eek: I think you are directly upstream of me, your reports are spot on with what I see a few minutes later. Netweather radar seems to show about 5km too far south.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

I’m concerned no word from George sunsnow moutainyman robertkk - Sy has gone quiet- no precipitation forecast for Dublin - models looking cold dry - little blip Saturday and Monday we are back in the freezer- are the regulars ok ?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

Xenji wrote: »
    Snow still lying in Castlebar after a heavy 15 minute fall nearly 10 hours ago that literally came out of nowhere and nothing as bad since, so it is hard to say, very much a nowcast event for Mayo.

Was just leaving the hospital at that time actually. We're a decent drive away but would rather not leave tomorrow without visiting if at all possible. Will have to wait and decide tomorrow. Planning to be there straight after dinner for a quick visit and then home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

You guys might get plastered tomorrow. More so than Dublin.

• Advertisement

My snow hallucinations have now started... I remember them well as a kid in the 80's too - constant watching out the window, lamposts, neighbours lamposts etc, eventually plays tricks on the eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Weather station in the garden in sandyford now showing -4.6c :D

NMB wrote: »
    I’m concerned no word from George sunsnow moutainyman robertkk - Sy has gone quiet- no precipitation forecast for Dublin - models looking cold dry - little blip Saturday and Monday we are back in the freezer- are the regulars ok ?

Depends on the model there’s lots of snow from Emma for Dublin. Very little consensus though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Rougies wrote: »
    Jesus you're right :eek: I think you are directly upstream of me, your reports are spot on with what I see a few minutes later. Netweather radar seems to show about 5km too far south.

Yeah usually you and DOC are downstream of me by about 5 mins , Patneve2 or reports from sandymount area are usually spot on for upstream of me.

*in these rare setups

• Registered Users Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Quick video of my back garden (Lusk) about 30 mins ago... my dog debating having another run around, she has loved it so far! Video stalls for a bit for some reason but the intensity of snow is obvious enough.

Video works on your phone even when you rotate the phone 90 degrees

(I know I'm being bitchy but pet hate about portrait videos - and still nice video, but need more snow coverage)

Timistry wrote: »
    I don't think people can even comprehend what is coming tomorrow. The word blizzard has been said here a thousand times today but what they experienced was not even close to the 2nd cousin of a blizzard. Tomorrow will go down in weather folklore

Certainly in the south. They won’t use the word blizzard for a snow shower again. No matter how severe.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Absolutely bucketing down Snow in Newbridge now and its a tad chilly also at -4.3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

aha model watching fatigue and the fact its now snowing outside I would guess :cool:

Snowing in Dublin 6 now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Cork Waterford wexford wicklow all going to be worst tomorrow?

• Advertisement

fritzelly wrote: »
    Video works on your phone even when you rotate the phone 90 degrees

(I know I'm being bitchy but pet hate about portrait videos - and still nice video, but need more snow coverage)

Agreed - but in my defense, I was not dressed to deal with a random hit the garden recording... no jacket or anything, a quick 'hit record'!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Snowing in Dublin 6 now

Yeah I spoke too soon. It's biblical at the moment

Blizzard7 you know I love you — I didn’t mention your name or our man in Clare jx carnacalla

• Registered Users Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Agreed - but in my defense, I was not dressed to deal with a random hit the garden

Neither was the dog! Excuses!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Think someone in Met Eireann got sick of all the different coloured warnings and said feck it lets just make it red for everyone its a lot easier :pac:

Pangea wrote: »
    Think someone in Met Eireann got sick of all the different coloured warnings and said feck it lets just make it red for everyone its a lot easier :pac:

Oh I think you’re right !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Just back from the kilinarden hill area in Tallaght. It Was full on snow and very breezy. The drive back to rathfarnham was fairly treacherous. Very poor visibility and some of the roads icing up. Lots of snow falling in rathfarnham now.

fritzelly wrote: »
    Neither was the dog! Excuses!

Ah she loves it - you should see the work it takes to convince her to come back in!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The M8 is closed northbound between Dunkettle and J18 due to a jack knifed Brennan's bread truck

Advertisement