Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Seems to be calming down in a lot of areas now.

Irish sea streamers seem to be well placed for parts of Leinster, getting the best snow since overnight Tues/Weds now in Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

After three days indoors, digging trenches in the front garden for the little one to play in was a welcome break.

Small infant human for scale of drifts, Firhouse.

444380.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

It's called night time. :D

(47) thanks from:
    17-pdr, 2_fri, 3dogs, adox, Anesthetize, antodeco, ArmaniJeanss, Bio Mech, budgie412, buzsywuzsy, caviardreams, chelseavera, cravings, damo80, Donne, Drumpot, fritzelly, gerrybhoy, harr, Hazys, hmmm, Iceman1984, J Mysterio, jammiedodgers, JCX BXC, joefuss1986, jousting with chairs, Knine, Lackey, lawred2, Michellenman, MOH, newirishman, revelman, roosterman71, Ross94, shamrock55, Shane732, Shelga, Sitec, SpitfireIV, spoonerhead, Steer55, steviecakes, tatranska, Virtanen, wakka12

Jeeeeeesus. What is it with you people ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Was that the one at the Forty Foot? Saw it on the RTE News tracker. Some thick cnut to be doing that. He might have increased the countries average intelligent if he drowned.

It was a woman,saw it on the news,she jumped in for a swim and started to get dragged out to sea. Somebody on the shore threw her a lifebouy.
    Dopy bitch. As if the emergency services hadn't enough on their plate,you have clowns like her putting themselves in harm's way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

oterra wrote: »
    I was around in 82, living in Dundrum. We weren't prepared at all. As far as I remember the forecast was for sleet in Dublin and the rest is history. The drifts were huge in 82 maybe bigger than today but very similar to where I am now in Ballycullen, D24 in the foothills. I do remember that in 82 the cold was prolonged for at least a week after and the winds were stronger. Please correct me if I'm wrong. There were also queues everywhere due to the fact that we were not given many warnings. Maybe that's the difference between both events.

Yep, agree with all that. Our milkman couldn't get to us where we were at the time so he parked at the top of the estate and sent word that his customers should come to him. He suddenly found out that he had at least ten times more customers than he realised :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭stevenup7002

(47) thanks from:
    17-pdr, 2_fri, 3dogs, adox, Anesthetize, antodeco, ArmaniJeanss, Bio Mech, budgie412, buzsywuzsy, caviardreams, chelseavera, cravings, damo80, Donne, Drumpot, fritzelly, gerrybhoy, harr, Hazys, hmmm, Iceman1984, J Mysterio, jammiedodgers, JCX BXC, joefuss1986, jousting with chairs, Knine, Lackey, lawred2, Michellenman, MOH, newirishman, revelman, roosterman71, Ross94, shamrock55, Shane732, Shelga, Sitec, SpitfireIV, spoonerhead, Steer55, steviecakes, tatranska, Virtanen, wakka12

Jeeeeeesus. What is it with you people ?

Was just joking with you, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Surprised it’s sticking again in Rush after such a thaw earlier!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Have to say - the local pub is leaping. Everyone in the estate is out on the street and chatting away, when normally you might only wave if you're leaving for/coming home from work at the same time. People are having fun throwing snowballs at the neighbours, or helping each other build igloos.

The snow is great for a bit of community spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

It's the light snowy stuff coming down in Drogheda.. building slowly but steadily on car windows that had been cleared.. love all the pics posted..doesn't look like Ireland at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

I've got 2+ feet of snow on my driveway - its around 50 metres long. Our enterance is a standard sized entrance and there is a drift in there of around 3 feet. And the lane leading up to the main road is under 2 feet of snow too. Main road is (just) passable. I'm back to work on Monday. Unless there is a rapid thaw, which Met Eireann are not predicing, we could be having another snow day in this house on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Surprised it’s sticking again in Rush after such a thaw earlier!

Same with D13.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

How has that precipitation in the Irish Sea just stayed pretty much in the same place all day?

I think it was up the arse of Emma. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

cdeb wrote: »
    Have to say - the local pub is leaping. Everyone in the estate is out on the street and chatting away, when normally you might only wave if you're leaving for/coming home from work at the same time. People are having fun throwing snowballs at the neighbours, or helping each other build igloos.

The bars around here have had to close as they ran out of drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Think it's starting to melt here a little bit in Navan

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

Shocked by the intensity of this snow this evening. Thought the worst (best) of it was over. Just measured 5 cms on the car bonnet which had been cleared of snow by the kids earlier. Must be around 35 cms of level snow with drifts getting a further top up. Tara, Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

There own fault, for saying they had bread in stock.

And not a loaf looted between any of them! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Gerry still going. Poor man needs a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭thomasj

Shocked by the intensity of this snow this evening. Thought the worst (best) of it was over. Just measured 5 cms on the car bonnet which had been cleared of snow by the kids earlier. Must be around 35 cms of level snow with drifts getting a further top up. Tara, Meath.

[Twitter]

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Snow bunnies are jumping around again in Donabate, starting to pile up. Really thought we’d finished our snow lot & were into a thaw phase but if this keeps up we’ll be matching Sallins by the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snow is stopping here again, It looks from the radar that the snow is edging back to the coastline, shifting eastwards.

Easily another 3 to 4 inches fell here since snow resumed around 4pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Snowing and accumulating here again near Mallow. Nothing like the east coast I'm sure but hopefully can add a few more cm as a final hurrah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Stopped here in Waterford, I think that could very well be the end of it.

Snowing again in Bishopstown, Cork after a break this afternoon. Went out for a walk in it and there was no thaw at all here.

Snow is not as powdery as yesterday but it is still beautiful. Not many cars out on the roads and an eerie, beautiful silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

cdeb wrote: »

I actually think one of the upsides of an event like this is coming face to face with nature and then, as a result, being forced to go back to basics. We had to bake some biscuits today because we needed something sugary to eat. Kids playing in the snow rather than looking at iphones; communities coming together to help each other out etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Very strong gusts with heavy (small) snow creating near zero visibility in Dublin 5. Very nice accumulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    snow is stopping here again, It looks from the radar that the snow is edging back to the coastline, shifting eastwards.

Easily another 3 to 4 inches fell here since snow resumed around 4pm.

Same up my way, cleared the paths earlier but it was a pointless exercise

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Here I am Dublin 5 and it was a none event for me last night. Since 1pm today we've seen a few inches of real snow and it's still falling.

Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

Just back in the house after being out since noon in Greystones. Hasn't stopped snowing the entire time. Sledding down the hills in the golf courses. I've lost count of the number of snowmen built and the number of igloos around. Great day, hope it's not another 35 years til the next one now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

George Lee reckons the snow falling in Wicklow now is the wrong type of snow.

Advertisement