Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

What's the betting that many of those dying for a 'snow event' will be complaining tomorrow if their estate roads aren't snow ploughed by the council etc :)

Serious head high drifts on our roads, stiff enough and if it freezes will set like 'concrete'. Never seen a snow plough here in previous snows, so think it could be well into next week before any sort of motor transport is possible.

Ah well, could be worse, at least we have electricity & water!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

200motels wrote: »
    Stopped here in Waterford, I think that could very well be the end of it.

It has been gradually thawing for the last couple of hours.

Back to reality in the morning, I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

How much is South Dublin expecting tonight?

I heard about another 10-20cm?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

More copious amounts of snow for east coast

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Stopped here now in West Limerick for about 2 hours. Looks like that could be it, unless we get another belt of it overnight.
    ( still prob spend the next few hours peeping out the back door though, just in case like)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭thomasj

Vxlks wrote: »

TII (transport infrastructure Ireland) said on rte news they're expecting more to fall in Dublin tonight than it did last night

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Finally stopped after 24hrs of powdery snowfall near Rathdrum, about 2ft deep at the moment, most fell overnight. I'm not sure I want to see any more snowfall though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭CZ 453

The local bar is having a Christmas party. Bishopstown, Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

I never ever thought I'd say this but....

Im glad its finally stopped snowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

thomasj wrote: »
    TII (transport infrastructure Ireland) said on rte news they're expecting more to fall in Dublin tonight than it did last night

oh jesus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    More copious amounts of snow for east coast

Last night turned out to be not that copious today is the copious snow day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Vxlks wrote: »

HIRLAM suggests 10-20mm of liquid overnight.

That would translate to maybe 10-15cm in the North County up to 20-30cm in the south. Less if you are right by the coast, within a km or two. (that's total accumulation since 12 midday today)

hirlamuk-25-23-0.png?02-17

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

D11 here, been snowing all day. I cleared paths front and back earlier and it’s completely filled in since. Drifts in the paths are up to top of garden walls and bins! Awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

moderate snow with tiny flakes. Been relentless for over 5 hours now. If the temp had been 1 degree lower this band would have dumped 20cm. Serious snowfall rates. Id say 10-12cm of wettish snow since 3. S dublin coast

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Just watched the forecast on tv and the radar image they showed as the latest is completely at odds with the radar on their website anyone see this

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the precipitation definitely seems to be dying back to the coast now, perhaps it will drift out to sea sooner than we expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I think I have like two feet in the back garden.
    I know we dont even close to have the worst of it, but there is a serious amount of snow around.

Gonna do a bit of shovelling before dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

What is the snowfall depth at Casement now? It's a pity Met Eireann don't have more official stations.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Unsurprisingly, no Rosslare intercity services will operate tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/IrishRail/status/969581876229951488

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

There has been no let up at all in Sandymount. It is much worse than yesterday.

https://twitter.com/MetEireann

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sheets of that fine powder snow stuff still coming down in Dublin 16. -0.8c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

at least 2 cm after falling here in cork city already again on my cars at least. Bits of the path outside our house we shovelled away is slowly turning back to white aswell (that was very wet though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Heavier now in East Meath than it was at any time last night! An inch in the last 30 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Still coming down in dublin 5. After a very quiet morning, this afternoon / evening is really delivering

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

sdanseo wrote: »
    Gerry still going. Poor man needs a break.

Surely he'll do The Late Late too when he come this far :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Its been snowing all day in Shankill, south county Dublin. Just constant. It’s stull building up. I don’t see it going anywhere tomorrow.

We had a power cut over night but in fairness to esb they had it back on by 11.30 this morning. Not pleasant though! Really hoping it won’t go again with all the snow that’s still falling.

I did get out for a walk this morning and I agree that’s there’s a lovely community feeling. Everyone smiling and chatting to each other and helping each other out. It’s fabulous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Confirming more snow falling in Cork.
    Looks like tomorrow will be another car less day

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Surely he'll do The Late Late too when he come this far :pac:

Sure hardly worth it going home now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Snow has gone light here.

I had a full on 24 hours of moderate to heavy snow.

I may not see an event like this again.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Confirming more snow falling in Cork.
    Looks like tomorrow will be another car less day

Jesus make it stop.

Advertisement