Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

It was a woman,saw it on the news,she jumped in for a swim and started to get dragged out to sea. Somebody on the shore threw her a lifebouy.
    Dopy bitch. As if the emergency services hadn't enough on their plate,you have clowns like her putting themselves in harm's way.

Why are you even talking about her, that's all she wanted from the beginning!?

She probably thinks you fancy her now because you called her a clown.
    Awwwww blessss :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Heavier now in East Meath than it was at any time last night! An inch in the last 30 mins!

Where? I'm in South Drogheda and it's coming down but not overly heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Unbelievable accumulations this afternoon in Sandyford. Can now barely open the back door to let the dogs out

• Registered Users Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A severe frost on Sunday night looks likely. Take heed for Monday, if driving, conditions could be treacherous. This is unlikely be a rapid thaw, even taking the stronger day time sun into consideration.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Why are you even talking about her, that's all she wanted from the beginning!?

She probably thinks you fancy her now because you called her a clown.
    Awwwww blessss :D

Wait till Jooooooe Dufffeeeeee gets her!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Confirming more snow falling in Cork.
    Looks like tomorrow will be another car less day

Met Eireann have been extending the time of the snow to rain/sleet all day on the south coast. It was this morning initially, then this evening and now tomorrow morning. MT has been spot on all along about how difficult this cold air is to shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

How would they clear the water? is there drainage and water pumps?

The tide goes back out.

Surely he'll do The Late Late too when he come this far :pac:

The poor man will really need a holiday after this. He did look wrecked on six one news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

D7 - Snow slid from the roof and damaged the guttering.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Noooo! Virign media has finally died! No internet or TV. Sh1t just got real!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Met Eireann have been extending the time of the snow to rain/sleet all day on the south coast. It was this morning initially, then this evening and now tomorrow morning. MT has been spot on all along about how difficult this cold air is to shift.
    Some in Met Eireann
    I reckon the roads will be dodgy for a couple of days yet with tomorrow looking increasingly like another no go

Oh well that's two consecutive days of zero energy generated from the solar-panels!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Surely he'll do The Late Late too when he come this far :pac:

The poor man will really need a holiday after this. He did look wrecked on six one news.
    Yeah I'd say the words he are saying have lost all meaning at this stage.

I dan confirm snow although very light snow has fallen in cork again. My very scientific way of knowing this is I cleared off the top of the bin earlier and there is now a reasonable bit of snow on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Oh well that's two consecutive days of zero energy generated from the solar-panels!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,933 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

antodeco wrote: »
    Noooo! Virign media has finally died! No internet or TV. Sh1t just got real!

Lol , happened me the week before Christmas , for a week....:D

No snow falling here , eerily quiet again , Laois .

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Can confirm that snow is also accumulating here on the south Cork coast. So much for being able to get out of the driveway tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

sdanseo wrote: »
    Gerry still going. Poor man needs a break.
    On Callan’s Kicks this evening, it was Evelyn who was exhausted

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Maybe but it is coming, it's interesting how Emma fills, but has still done enough to cut off the easterly flow. There could be a lot of fog and cloudy weather next week over the remaining snowfields. We look to be in a no mans land- of nothing mild, but nothing very cold either for a few days. Hopefully we can squeeze one more snow event this month courtesy of the effects of the Canadian warming entering the troposphere. I realise a lot of people currently snowed in might not share that sentiment, though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

This event has shown me that I have a lot to do wrt to adding more insulation and making all our windows and our attic conversion more air tight. GFCH been on full blast 24 hours a day for the last 3 days and the only truly snug room is the sittingroom with an open fire as well as the rads. I've had to wear full top and bottom PJ's in the attic bedroom these last few nights whereas normally its just boxers 365 days a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Epic day here on the Tipp/Kilkenny border. Most snow I've ever seen, though I wasn't alive in 1982, and I was in the Middle East in 2010. As with Tuesday night, our accumulation came over night. It's been snowing fine powder all day, but didn't really add much. Stopped completely now, but we had no thaw. Expecting rain in over night so made the most of it today!

We're on a back road, but it would be a main route for an awful lot of people. Usually none stop traffic. The few that did venture out today were in 4 wheel drives and tractors. Not enough traffic to turn the snow on the road into slush.

Massive drifts around, but from looking at pics on here and on the news, nothing compared to other parts of the country. On average we have about 6 inches, though in some places it's only a couple of CM and others a couple of feet. Difficult enough to navigate on foot, there's not a hope I'd venture out in the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Dublin Bus need to get their act together and make a definitive call on tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Sometimes I have reason to doubt Darwinism.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭stevenup7002

I think we should start measuring the severity of weather events by how many boards.ie threads they spawn due to the 10K post limit. Will the 2018 snow become a three-threader event?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Calibos wrote: »
    This event has shown me that I have a lot to do wrt to adding more insulation and making all our windows and our attic conversion more air tight. GFCH been on full blast 24 hours a day for the last 3 days and the only truly snug room is the sittingroom with an open fire as well as the rads. I've had to wear full top and bottom PJ's in the attic bedroom these last few nights whereas normally its just boxers 365 days a year.
    Out of interest what’s your BER rating. I’ve a fairly new build (5 years), a B3 rating and gotta say I’m delighted with the heat in the house. I was expecting the wife to have GFCH on constantly but we’ve only had it on every 4-5 hours for a hour and we’re good

thebull85 wrote: »
    Dublin Bus need to get their act together and make a definitive call on tomorrow.

It's not that easy. We're promised more snow tonight in the Region RED area than we had last night.
    we had sh1t loads of snow last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Looking at the Radar it looks like it will in fact be North Leinster that gets continuing snow tonight rather than Wicklow and Wexford contrary to what the last Emergency Response announcement said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

It's not that easy. We're promised more snow tonight in the Region RED area than we had last night.
    we had sh1t loads of snow last night.

Thats what i mean, they had told us by 2pm yesterday that todays service was cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

If, as I think we are, we are a truly forward thinking and innovative nation we should use this event as an opportunity to start preparing for the Winter Olympics in 4 years time. Maybe this guy can get a medal.

Advertisement