Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Snow is pretty heavy now in cork city. Did somebody here say it's looking like it's gonna stay as snow overnight now?? If so that's interesting, more delays.

Met Eireann reckons from dawn on it will turn to sleet/rain. MT thinks it may take a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Met Eireann reckons ... it will turn to sleet/rain.

Didn't they say that about today - oops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Blizzards now in Cork
    Bring back our red warning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Picky owner

Met Eireann reckons from dawn on it will turn to sleet/rain. MT thinks it may take a bit longer.

Sorry for asking what's MT stand for?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

sdanseo wrote: »
    Videos popping up of stolen tipper and a crowd with kids and all in tow from a certain Dublin suburb that doesn't like Joan Burton looting beer out of a Lidl, just because they can.

When did Joan Burton ever loot beer out of Lidl? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Snow is pretty heavy now in cork city. Did somebody here say it's looking like it's gonna stay as snow overnight now?? If so that's interesting, more delays.

I have full faith/wishful thinking in MT's forecast! Let's hope for the worst! (Which in this case is the best! :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Blizzards now in Cork
    Bring back our red warning!!

well that's unexpected. seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Centra Jobstown - shutter cut and looted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

L_Derg_Summer_winter.jpg

Spot the difference. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Does anyone else get little hallucinations of snowfall falling in front of your eyes when you close your eyes or look away from he window after staring for ages?
    Were all gonna have PTSD after this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

MT = M.T. Cranium, he posts daily forecasts on this forum. Can be found on Irish Weather Online too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Just back from a walk around the estate, unbelievable. Very high drifts, could only walk in the middle of the road. Saw a house where they had put back up the christmas lights outside..........still snowing here(d24), thats gotta be 24hrs straight at this stage. Wind seems to be setttling a little. As expected very few cars travelling, saw quite a few abandoned vehicles, especially on hills. Some people out walking the dog and enjoying the scenery. Kind of magical all in all. Tomorrow should be the most epic snow day ever.

Pherekydes wrote: »

Add a comma in there somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

Pherekydes wrote: »

I think he meant the town with a very confusing name.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I apologise to the people of Cork for suggesting, earlier, their snow time was up! :o

Meanwhile, in Dublin 16, still sheeting fine powder snow. -0.8c atm.

I thought this morning was epic when I ventured out, I think by the time I venture out tomorrow it will exceed my 1982 experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

Artane2002 wrote:
    MT = M.T. Cranium, he posts daily forecasts on this forum. Can be found on Irish Weather Online too.

MT = legend

cnocbui wrote: »
    Spot the difference. :D

It's the cows isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

sdanseo wrote: »
    Videos popping up of stolen tipper and a crowd with kids and all in tow from a certain Dublin suburb that doesn't like Joan Burton looting beer out of a Lidl, just because they can.
    Jesus give us a better clue than that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Dublin 5 here again. 0c & it's been snowing for hours now. We're definitely making up for the lack of snow from last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

dan786 wrote: »
    Centra Jobstown - shutter cut and looted.

Paul Murphy has the not guilty campaign with the collection buckets ready to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Snow is powdery again in cork. Removing the red warning seems like a mistake, this is accumulating quite fast. Unless it's going to stop in like 40 minutes maybe?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

IF MT was to tell you who he is round here, he’d post this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Jesus give us a better clue than that. :pac:

seen it like a scene out of batman.
    the joker and his merry team scrote.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

fritzelly wrote: »
    Was planning to buy a house in Citywest, may need a rethink.

What horrible little cnuts.

Anyway, in a different part of D24, crazy accumulations, snowed all day, never seen anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

wakka12 wrote: »
    Does anyone else get little hallucinations of snowfall falling in front of your eyes when you close your eyes or look away from he window after staring for ages?
    Were all gonna have PTSD after this
    I was sure it was snowing today looking out the window but it wasn’t...I am even starting to imagine snow..

Empty Cranium.

( took me years to figure that one out...)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I still can't believe today. I was snapping dozens of photos around midday for memories just as the thaw was beginning as I completely thought that was the end of it.
    Spent the day building giant snowmen and walking around all the eerily quiet places, dundrum was like a post apocalyptic landscape
    It has been a short and very intense ride

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Apparently there's looting going on in various parts of Dublin and a Centra in Jobstown currently on fire

As if the shutdown of people's businesses wasn't enough to be dealing with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Still going strong with snow in dublin 5, great amounts this afternoon / evening. Snow the deepest it has been since the start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

I keep looking outside and can't see it snowing...then stick my head out and come back in like frosty the snowman! :D

Advertisement