Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Snow is powdery again in cork. Removing the red warning seems like a mistake, this is accumulating quite fast. Unless it's going to stop in like 40 minutes maybe?
    Where in cork is this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Well the yoke's on me.

(Canadian warming, stay away from me ....

We've had enough of your misery ....

we've had enough of your northeast winds,

we don't want your ten foot drifts,

not gonna walk like penguins do,

about curling got no clue ...

Canadian warming ...

stay away from here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Snow is powdery again in cork. Removing the red warning seems like a mistake, this is accumulating quite fast. Unless it's going to stop in like 40 minutes maybe?

Can't for the life of me understand why they removed Cork. There's minimal thawing, if the snow falling warrants a red warning then why doesn't it being on the ground in the same quantities with some topping up not warrant one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

They're pulling Lidl down now with a JCB. There is construction nearby for houses. Unfcukingbelievable. Animals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

haminka wrote: »
    I think he meant the town with a very confusing name.

Priceless ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Not sure I’d agree. An orange warning is still a heightened warning. In theory, you should be able to get plenty of snow and still qualify for an orange warning. Red warning should be for substantial snow that reaches certain criteria set by ME. Problem is we’ve almost become used to the idea over past few days of snow sticking on ground = red warning!

Having said that, I can confirm too that there is a accumulation here. I have a deck chair out the back, the tip of which was visible until 30 minutes ago (the rest of it is covered by a drift). The tip has disappeared in the last 30 minutes. As I said, it’s bucketing it down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Picky owner

pc7 wrote: »
    IF MT was to tell you who he is round here, he’d post this.
    So I see,he is indeed!

They're pulling Lidl down now with a JCB. There is construction nearby for houses. Unfcukingbelievable. Animals.

I hope their parents are proud of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I dont understand, average joes are demolishing a lidl with a jcb right now?
    What in the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Yeah same here (northside). I've done a very scientific experiment to confirm this.

(cleared the top of the wheelie bin a while ago and there's about 2cm on it now. :-) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

KungPao wrote: »
    Was planning to buy a house in Citywest, may need a rethink.

What horrible little cnuts.

Anyway, in a different part of D24, crazy accumulations, snowed all day, never seen anything like it.

Prob not the right thread but I rented in a nice part of Citywest for a year. There was two attempted break ins of our house and a car used in a gangland murder was burnt out about five car spaces from ours. Was glad to move out tbh

Yeah same here (northside). I've done a very scientific experiment to confirm this.

(cleared the top of the wheelie bin a while ago and there's about 2cm on it now. :-) )
    I like your style. Haha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

What's this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Starting to snow again here in South Tipperary. There has been nothing for about 2hours. Starting off the same as it did last night.

I'm actually disgusted reading the reports of people wrecking the LIDL and Centra stores. What is going on in these guys heads

Lidl Jobstown. Apparently the guards cant get in as all roads are impassable or blocked. They used a teleported to pull the whole front of the building down. Utter utter scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Theres a flowerbed around the permitter of my very sheltered garden thats over a foot high and the snow in the middle of the garden is spilling up and over that flowerbed. Thats just the precipitation thats reached my little 5x5 m garden with high fences and hedges around it

Drifts are crazy right now in D14

And no let up to the blizzard, almost 48 hours non stop snow. Move over 2010

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Absolute scumbags, hope the little feckers get caught.

Still snowing quiet heavily now in Ballincollig, I cleared off the pillar outside of snow and within 20 minutes it was covered again, I can't see it stopping at all tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Apart from the pure scumbagerry of wrecking a store and looting from it, these people actually film themselves doing it? Idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Heavy snow here now.
    Red warning warranted for cork

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Middle Man

Rougies wrote: »
    I was thinking of the army too. I have no idea if it would actually be an option, either logistically or legally.
    There is a very strong case for mandatory service in this country - it doesn't necessarily have to be in the army - there's plenty of other civil duties that could be carried out like what the civil defence and charities for the homeless do along with some of the basic functions of the emergency services. I would be a case of 'Don't do it and you can't be an Irish Citizen' - simple as! There would obviously be exceptions made for the less able.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭tikkamark

Lidl Jobstown. Apparently the guards cant get in as all roads are impassable or blocked. They used a teleported to pull the whole front of the building down. Utter utter scum.
    There’s always scum to take full advantage of a situation like this :( I’m actually raging even reading about this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Apart from the pure scumbagerry of wrecking a store and looting from it, these people actually film themselves doing it? Idiots.

Let's just hope it will be their downfall too. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

its on fire now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

People on Twitter saying the Army are on their way :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭RustyGate

:eek: Might be time for the country to invest in a few rapid response skidoos :pac:
    Seriously though, that's alarming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

wakka12 wrote: »
    Last night turned out to be not that copious today is the copious snow day

Last night was copious for plenty of people!

Advertisement