Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

wakka12 wrote: »
    Kildare is a world of its own compared to most of the country. Im sure some of the kildare pictures will be in worldwide or european newspapers
    Although a poster said earlier they hadn't seen much action in Monasterevin, strangely enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 farseaboutace

It's still snowing in Kildare. Has been constant for 36 hours now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

It's still snowing in Kildare. Has been constant for 36 hours now.

I know, it's great, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Still snowing here in East Cork. Still bad conditions that would be considered red by Joe public.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Back snowing rather heavy in North Cork - Steps today in snow starting to disappear :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Stopped snowing here in waterford, no sign of thaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Any more off topic posts on the Lidl incident will receive infractions

There are other forums where you can discuss this

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

pad199207 wrote: »

Great pictures, you'll have to dig yourselves out or wait for it to melt to a manageable level (could be days)...

Not so good for essential staff trying to get to work, banana.

My son, on the other hand, thought all his Christmases had come at once, as he headed off in full ski gear carrying a shovel and a sleigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Anybody know if there is any more liquid behind that sleet band off the cork coast or is that the end of it? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Today is up there with 20th/21st december 2010 in these parts. But with a 60 kmhr wind! Light moderate snow still falling and think we still have an inch or two to go. (Dalkey)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Pascal surely on soon on the news from Washington Street. He has hardly moved all week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Notice the radar on met website isn't very accurate atall over the last few days. A nice moderate snowfall now the last 2 hours (3cm) and the radar shows nothing .

East Limerick/North Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Corca Baiscinn

Hi, I don't post here often, but I'm wondering does anyone have any idea what it's like around Tallaght Hospital. My daughter, a nurse, is trying to get in tomorrow at some stage - her original plan was train from Maynooth at 8 am and then Luas, but looks like no Luas running to Tallaght tomorrow.

Does anyone know any taxi firms around Maynooth/Leixlip/Lucan who might help? Civil Defence and Gardai can't, we've tried..

There has been tv coverage from around the country of civil defence and garda helping hospital staff to get to work. Is it that they are overwhelmed in Dub/Kildare because there are simply so many who need assistance or is it that your roads are impassable? Fair play to your daughter for wanting to relieve her colleague. i hope she makes it but not her fault if she doesn't.

This question not directed at you op but just wondering if anybody knows if the army has any equipment suitable for use in this kind of weather or only Civil Defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭RustyGate

Great pictures, you'll have to dig yourselves out or wait for it to melt to a manageable level (could be days)...
    2010 went from -12c to +12C in less than 18 hours, bye bye nearly 2 foot of snow in one day:eek: Don't see +12C for a good while yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

444404.JPG

RustyGate wrote: »
    2010 went from -12c to +12C in less than 18 hours, bye bye nearly 2 foot of snow in one day:eek: Don't see +12C for a good while yet though

With forecasts similar to last night, it won't happen until Sunday at earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

I’m switching off the internet now for the night. About to watch Fargo to keep in the snow mood. We still have significant snow accumulating here on the south coast so adding to the 25 cm we already have on the ground here. I think tomorrow at least is still looking like we won’t be getting out the driveway. If this thaws tomorrow there is going to be lot of slush around. I’ll leave ye with a beautiful picture of St Finbarr’s Cathedral in Cork.

https://twitter.com/irish_daily_/status/969657269888700417

The precipitation is Dublin is very misleading.

It seems light ice particles but every time I look out it's like another cm or two has been added. We have exceeded our depths in this location now for the event.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Getting a bit of fresh laying snow cover now in west Cork which we didn`t have earlier on but due to turn to sleet/rain later in the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

wakka12 wrote: »
    pad199207 wrote: »
    Just a recap of some of the epic scenes in kildare today
    0689025_C_53_B7_4951_A713_61_A61_C148_E4_B.jpg
    upload image album

upload image album

Wouldn't look a bit out of place in a disaster movie. Not joking in the slightest

I can see why people in the east pour scorn on snow from north westerlies now.

Yes Corca, civil defence Kildare are busy around Naas and outlying districts.

Dublin civil defence won't come out to Kildare.

The army won't deliver to Tallaght as apparently it is accessible by public transport - whereas they are collecting from near here for St James, Crumlin and The Coombe.

It's a bit of a mess. Even if she's late, if she can get there she can stay over and work until Monday/Tuesday, but it's not looking likely at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

According to Mr Scleet signs of rain on the south coast
    Snowing heavy here in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Snowing steadily in Swords for a good few hours now, good accumulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Still snowing in West Clare, in excess of 30 hours continuous snow here now.

Thawed a little earlier, the massive snow accumulations fell off parts of the car but you can clearly see where it was water earlier now has another build up of snow.

0.1c now in West Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Yes Corca, civil defence Kildare are busy around Naas and outlying districts.

Dublin civil defence won't come out to Kildare.

The army won't deliver to Tallaght as apparently it is accessible by public transport - whereas they are collecting from near here for St James, Crumlin and The Coombe.

It's a bit of a mess. Even if she's late, if she can get there she can stay over and work until Monday/Tuesday, but it's not looking likely at this stage.

Dublin Bus said they would be operating tomorrow, do they serve Tallaght hospital? Might be 2/3 journeys to get there but it's better than having no other options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Intensity on the up again with larger flakes. She just keeps going and going! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

The precipitation is Dublin is very misleading.

It seems light ice particles but every time I look out it's like another cm or two has been added. We have exceeded our depths in this location now for the event.

I knew that'd happen! On the charts it was saying 30cm from 12 this morning until tomorrow morning for south dublin but we've already gotten at least 7 inches and the snow is still going just as strong

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Dublin Bus said they would be operating tomorrow, do they serve Tallaght hospital? Might be 2/3 journeys to get there but it's better than having no other options.

Dublin Bus will not be able to operate in the morning judging by conditions here on the northside at the moment. The roads are caked in new layers of snow and ice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Stoppef snowing in swords

Advertisement