Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

I was just wondering when was tge last time such a set up as tomorrow happened. The Beast from the East meeting a strong storm coming up from tge south .

If it happened before how bad was it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

This is worse than last night here in Naas now. There is no visibility

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Said Lampost that I have such affection for is nearly not visible the snow is so Heavy in Newbridge now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

pad199207 wrote: »

Snap

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

marno21 wrote: »
    The M8 is closed northbound between Dunkettle and J18 due to a jack knifed Brennan's bread truck

I hope nobody is injured in that, but the fecking irony of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

The M8 is closed northbound between Dunkettle and J18 due to a jack knifed Brennan's bread truck

No bread tomorrow so 😥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Getting plastered just south of Drogheda. Stuck under a train for nearly an hour and radar saying lots more to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Sure it wasn't hijacked?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

No stop those clouds forming over the Irish Sea - relentless

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

pad199207 wrote: »

Can confirm this!

Sideways snow, small flakes.

This is incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Unbelievable scenes near Santry. Blizzard and drifting. It's mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Huge clouds forming over uk/ wales

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Donne

Hey,

Sorry if this was asked already.
    With the coming sneachta what are the odds of the electricity and/or the internet getting cut off?
    Particularly in the Cork City area.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

Said Lampost that I have such affection for is nearly not visible the snow is so Heavy in Newbridge now

Jealous !! So so jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Jaysus, i'd be gutted if Dublin (north west) misses out on this blizzard after all the blizzard/blizzard-like/not-a-blizzard talk today. One time and all that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

It's coming down fairly heavy again now in Dublin 7, similar to last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Donne wrote: »
    Hey,

With the coming sneachta what are the odds of the electricity and/or the internet getting cut off?

Cheers.

My street lights went an hour ago in my estate, the whole estate. Still have electricity though. Depends on how much snow falls really and whether the lines can hold it, etc.. Impossible to tell really at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hey,

Cheers.

Low enough.

Wind is enemy #1 to power lines. Snow can only take them out by overloading trees which is less likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Jaysus, i'd be gutted if Dublin misses out on this blizzard after all the blizzard/blizzard-like/not-a-blizzard talk today. One time and all that.

With the way some of your comrades acted when it poured snow here I'd laugh my *** off

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Between snow showers

-7.0c outside temperature atm ...

130m asl
    North Cork Limerick Tipperary border

• Advertisement

This is crazy , the snow is pummelling from the Sky but in some gusts of wind as I looked at the lamppost its whipping back up into the Air from the ground up above the lamppost and then blown away to it next destination , mesmerising to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Hey,

Cheers.

Lecky - 10%, Internet - 90%

If the internet goes down in Cork then boards will become a graveyard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Windows are covered in snow here now. I’m speechless watching this. This is a fckin blizzard!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    With the way some of your comrades acted when it poured snow here I'd laugh my *** off

What, all the congratulations and well wishes from Dublin posters? :confused:

Hey,

Cheers.

This is dry powdery snow , very unlikely to take trees or power lines down , plus being in the Cork City area I would assume a lot of utilities are ran in ducts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Netweather radar isn't picking up any of the current streaming affecting the lower half of Dublin - a quick check on ME and there is plenty on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Absolute snowmageddon... Again. Drifts building at the back door.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

So how is clare looking for tonight? Anyone want to help?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Is the snow from Emma expected to the powdery snow? I was thinking it was gonna be the wet snow since it's coming from the south , but then again it's actually meeting the colder air so if it's powdery snow then it's even better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

Unbelievable scenes near Santry. Blizzard and drifting. It's mental.

I’m moving to Santry !!

Advertisement