Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

pad199207 wrote: »

That is pretty damn impressive. Bravo for your pics Sir.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Two things I have learned from this: weather can be very localised, and the radar is not a great guide to precipitation on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I am really not looking forward to the thaw in cork city tomorrow / the rain that will come. Everythings going to be soaking, unless its actually going to stay as snow for longer then expected again, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Whats the temperature in south dublin at the moment? It says -1 on my weather app but theres water all over my window sill so I think its above 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Snowing very lightly in Donabate now, very wet snow so seems to have stopped accumulating. Borderline here between sleet & snow at times & there's drips of water coming down off the gutters. I'd say this evening added about 3cm (excluding drifts).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Two things I have learned from this: weather can be very localised, and the radar is not a great guide to precipitation on the ground.
    Radar is never reliable I've noticed it alot when lightening is about. It wont detect small cells you can only look at it and make a call on weather outside and reports from other area's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

wakka12 wrote: »
    Whats the temperature in south dublin at the moment? It says -1 on my weather app but theres water all over my window sill so I think its above 0.

Water on your window is from the ice pellets melting on contact due to heat leaking out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Anyone in Carrigaline/Ringaskiddy/Shanbally? What way are the roads? Carrs Hill?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Ahh jaysus stop quoting posts with loads of pics

I am really not looking forward to the thaw in cork city tomorrow / the rain that will come. Everythings going to be soaking, unless its actually going to stay as snow for longer then expected again, who knows.

It's hard to believe - everything here is covered again, and it's still snowing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The winds picked up again in Wexford and sideways snow back again. It's that needles that fell last night,for tiny flakes it doesn't take long to build up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Some much larger flakes into the mix now, presumably wetter snow...getting more marginal in D9 perhaps??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Good accumulations from approx 2pm in Dublin 1. Started as thick wet flakes that made not much impression then turned to fine flakes and now very fine grains, around 5cm added which has covered the everywhere again allowing it to look nice and white once more. I doubt things will happen at all tomorrow in Dub CC, it will be worse than this morning- so cant see how it can.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭GiftGrub100

Due to go to work in the morning from Carrigaline to Mahonpoint area, someone seems to think it will all be thawed out by then ! funnily enough snowing all day in Carrigaline, way more on the ground now no sign of thaw and still snowing.

Will know things are moving back to normal when first airplane takes off from airport

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

MT Cranium should be on The Late Late Show.

Due to go to work in the morning from Carrigaline to Mahonpoint area, someone seems to think it will all be thawed out by then ! funnily enough snowing all day in Carrigaline, way more on the ground now no sign of thaw and still snowing.

I've to go from the City (northside) to Ringaskiddy and at the moment I can't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Natibaby

-1 here too, maybe heat from your house causing the melting?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I am surprised at the amount of snowfall again near Mallow. I have had my snow buzz and glad tomorrow will be the start of the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Snow seems to be picking up intensity here in Naas now.I think we have been in the edge of the wicklow mountain shadow for the past couple of hours with little snowfall. However last hour the winds have changed to a ENE instead of a Easterly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

-1 isn't far off the mark, on my side of town its -0.6c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Claire6

I've to go from the City (northside) to Ringaskiddy and at the moment I can't see it happening.

Assuming the roads in Ringaskiddy are similar to those in Passage, where I am, there’s not a chance. A foot of snow on roads here and still snowing. Few inches in last few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOHN_70

Heavy snow again in FErmoy, Co. Cork. Already more on my car than accumulated last night

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Its snowing again in Ennis/Clarecastle and staying on the ground as well there was a slight thaw earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Happy the snow was cleared off my families cars today, looking at the other cars on the road they have huge tops now. Would be worried about damage to the top. My families cars are already back to what they were before we cleared them.. at 5pm today.. Crazy amount has fallen in such little time now. Looks like it will be stopping soon though if the radar is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

No snow in Newbridge four hours now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 farseaboutace

It's still snowing in Leixlip.

I don't think it'll ever stop. And if it thaws I think we'll flood :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Needing to get from Southside to Hollyhill tomorrow. Am questioning if it's going to be a possibility given that it's still snowing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

thankfully it appears there is a change tomorrow. Goodbye snow, nice few days now fcuk off and bring on Spring!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

It has remained at -1c in Naas all day today so another ice day coming up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Pangea wrote: »
    ...there is not so much as a snowflake here in SW Donegal tonight, surely this must be up there with the all-time great snow events in this country.

444420.jpg

€50, delivered. :D

Advertisement