Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

It honestly has not stopped snowing in celbridge all day and more due all night. Wonder what I'll wake up to tomorrow.
    Water gone too here in parts of celbridge!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I've quite likely lost a cat to this storm, sadly. The guilt is like a billiard ball in my chest/under my skin.

I was looking after someone's cat and I warned them that he was a nervous wreck due to local, uneutered cats.. He wasn't making himself available for food/to be fed.. and to maybe put him up in care, no.. said they'd chance it. I haven't seen him in 48 hours. :(

He weathered the last two flurries okay, over the years, by making himself available to various neighbours, but.. it is brutal now, the road and gardens are spotless, no details to mark them out. Drifts everywhere. Well above the height of a cat.

Our regular fox, like clockwork, is doing his rounds of the gardens, same time, same tracks, the only disturbance in the snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

MT Cranium should be on The Late Late Show.

If I recall, he has been on RTÉ radio before.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 clarke85

Last 20 threads on this are just chat and there's a million posts to read through....the snow is falling worse now and I'm loving it but they say was to stop and there was no talk of it snowing like it is now.......do you think this will stop tomorrow or is there other things that can happen to make thos prolong like it is now?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

Couple front today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Amalgam wrote: »
    I've quite likely lost a cat to this storm, sadly. The guilt is like a billiard ball in my chest/under my skin.

I was looking after someone's cat and I warned them that he was a nervous wreck due to local, uneutered cats.. He wasn't making himself available for food/to be fed.. and to maybe put him up in care, no.. said they'd chance it. I haven't seen him in 48 hours. :(

He weathered the last two flurries okay, over the years, by making himself available to various neighbours, but.. it is brutal now, the road and gardens are spotless, no details to mark them out. Drifts everywhere. Well above the height of a cat.

Our regular fox, like clockwork, is doing his rounds of the gardens, same time, same tracks, the only disturbance in the snow.

Kind of doesn't sound like it your fault, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

wakka12 wrote: »
    It was good yeh but one metre of snow was meant to fall in south dublin which didn't even come close to happening anywhere in dublin county

They said it might. Even a third of that amount is a huge fall of snow by Irish standards and we got a bit more than that.

Where I am, the Tuesday and Wednesday night snow amounted to around 20-30cm. Last night piled more on top of that. So we had copious amounts before today in Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Snow moving back up toward Galway again...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 farseaboutace

I bet a neighbour has him. We had our neighbour's cat for a few hours yesterday and my daughter's friend had a dog for 24 hours.

The snow is confusing them, but they'll be back I'm sure.

Couple more from today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭Mech1

some pics from the garden in D16 no ladder needed for the trampoline, but the trampoline wont work.
    https://flic.kr/s/aHsm7JcC91

Apologies phone acting up, trying to post photos

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Snow moving back up toward Galway again...

Hopefully we get a top up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Still bucketing down in raheny, what a snow event. So much snow since early afternoon. Went for a stroll and never thought I would see the day there would be about 20-25cm right next to the coast. Amazing to see

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭stevenup7002

Hopefully a neighbor saw sense and brought him in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

There are two dedicated threads on the Lidl incident.

Snowing here still in north Dublin but not very intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Lots of Great Photos of the big snow event coming in.

Feel free to add them in at the link below:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057845112

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Very light snow here in Cork city. Have to squint to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

sdanseo wrote: »

This is an interview from December 2010

http://www.fintandunne.com/audio/BeautifulTruth-10-12-29-DSL.mp3

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

MT Cranium should be on The Late Late Show.

He's above that,plus he doesn't reside in the RTE canteen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

In the Llŷn shadow now (first time that term has been used) with only very light snow now. Can see it stretching from the Llŷn Peninsula in Wales to South Dublin if radar is accurate.

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

The snow has stopped in D18 Sandyford village area.
    After about 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Think I saw a transfomer blow near Santry. Was not lightning anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Think I saw a transformer blow near Santry. Was not lightning anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭nuttyboy79

It's stopped in Ballyogan Dub. 18 for the first time since yesterday. Went for a stroll around the block and seen drifts of about 100cm in places 30-60cm most other places. Eerily quiet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Visibility at Dublin (eastern end of main runway) down to 175m, in moderate snow.
    EIDW 022200Z 09022KT 0600 R16/2000N R28/0175N SN FEW002 BKN005 BKN009 M01/M01 Q0993 R10/610395 NOSIG

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Does it look as though there won’t b much thaw?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I was all aboard the hype train from the very start but even still I wasn’t prepared for today.
    Ashbourne was absolutely insane today. It’s been snowing sonstantly for a couple of days but the accumulation today is in believable.

I genuinely thought the peak would have been Thursday PM in to Friday AM and then gone quiet but today is far more intense in very aspect than any other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Just been outside (north Kildare)....its gone very sleet like....can see drips falling.

Doesn't feel like its below zero. Thaw could be on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

sdanseo wrote: »

I think he was on Moncrieff before around the 2010 snow

Advertisement