Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Moderate snow in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sunsetbeachfan

For most of the day there has been heavy snow. I measured 28cm this morning and latest measurement is 43cm.
    Stillorgan, Co Dublin

This is the most snow I've ever witnessed in this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Heaviest snow that we’ve had so far now in Cork City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

precipitation looks like its swinging in from the east towards Dublin on latest radar. light to moderate snow again

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Only downside of this spell is that it will probably be unbeatable for a long time; all snow events from now on (and this was the first real one in about 8 years, bar maybe the frontal events early this winter) will most likely pale in comparison to this. We really struck gold in terms of snow over the past few days.

Still very gusty in Ringsend, drifts up against the walls on the road outside reached up to my waist when I went out a few hours ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

patneve2 wrote: »
    precipitation looks like its swinging in from the east towards Dublin on latest radar. light to moderate snow again

On both met and MW looks like a big finger of heavy intensity aimed straight at Dublin. I've said that a few times though over the last few days at this stage with approximately zero accuracy. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bringastick

Has been snowing all day about 10 mins outside Ennis, the icing sugar snow. Stopped for two hours and started back about 20 mins ago with first proper looking snow Ive seen. Dunno what depth we got. Enough that lawn footpaths and driveway all blend into one and roads are undriveable bearing in mind we live in middle of nowhere!! Would be surprised if it isnt all shiny new snow in the morning at the rate its going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

annd looks like we have a few minutes left of snow in cork city, no more coming up over the sea towards us. Next stop sleety rain land :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭jirafa

Fri 02 Mar 2018 ...... Nine O'Clock Weather.

https://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/weather-30003847/10846564/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

No snow, just wild gusts in Roscommon.
    Power flickered a few times, but thankfully we didn't lose it.
    Hoping for some more interesting shapes in the snow tomorrow.
    The drifts today were quite spectacular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Snow that fell in Donabate since 5pm is starting to thaw already. If more showers don't pep up we could lose a good bit by morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

no more snow for cork city. :(: its been a fun 3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Back to work tomorrow by the looks of it :(

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Continuing madness in D9. Making up for last night.

Precip getting juicy over the midlands now too. Shame about the Dublin radar being on the bounce, hard to see what's really heading our way as it's getting heavier here but radar suggests very weak precip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

leahyl wrote: »
    Heaviest snow that we’ve had so far now in Cork City
    sunbabe08 wrote: »
    no more snow for cork city.
    Ah make yere mind up ye langers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Bucketing down here again in the Burren.....

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

Snowing in glanmire

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

There is still snow on the ground though.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bozharry1

Lashing snow in Portlaoise now😀

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭Heroditas

All the doubters will never admit they were wrong. They'll come out with guff like:
    "Oh but Met Eireann said up to 1m and I only got 95cm"

Or

"Yeah but my back garden was fine so every other blade of grass in the country must have been fine too"

Or

"Look at meeeeeee"

Anyway, -0.3c in Lucan currently.
    We headed out to the in-laws at 4 and came back at 8. All our footprints were completely covered by the time we got back.
    Serious amount of snowfall even over the afternoon and early evening. Just very windy now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

There is still snow on the ground though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Ah make yere mind up ye langers :D

i meant after this band coming through.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

John.Icy wrote: »
    Continuing madness in D9. Making up for last night.

Precip getting juicy over the midlands now too. Shame about the Dublin radar being on the bounce, hard to see what's really heading our way as it's getting heavier here but radar suggests very weak precip.

Same here, far better than last night but radar shows it as very weak. Leaves me confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

Moderate snow in Limerick

Compensating a lot on previously bare surfaces, sides of cars, etc for the thaw earlier, and the total depth is more for the snow on the ground that didn't melt much. Must be 10-15 cm lying now on those bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

We had a very slight thaw here in Waterford this evening around 3 to 4 ish. But it didn't stop snowing. And even during the small periods of time that it was more like light rain it seemed to be freezing on the way down so it kept accumulating. The temps went from -2° up to 1° for short period.we have several feet of snow lying.I just can't believe we didn't fall into the red warning area. I'm in the East of the city. I have to work tomorrow morning at 9. So I'm walking. My car is under 2 foot of snow. And it's growing again.😯

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Is 3 degrees during the day enough to melt the snow that has already fallen? If it does warm up tomorrow, what is likely to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

Had there been a sudden and very significant increase in snowfall rates across the Midlands, in a band from Wicklow and West from there? Radar would suggest very heavy snow. If it's correct, the likes of Naas will be seeing extremely heavy snow shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whattodo1

Lashing snow again In tinahely co wicklow
    We had snow up to our waist today and 7/8 foot drifts we cant get out of where we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Snowing at the same intensity as it was this time last night on the border between Tipp and Limerick, window sills that were cleared today now getting covered again at a decent rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭dubal

Lashing snow in Dublin 14 again, after a break.

Advertisement