Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭RustyGate

OMG there's snow coming I can't wait!!

OMG where is the snow, it's 2 hours late in my backway!!

OMG there's too much snow, can't wait for the thaw

OMG I hate the thaw, it's horrible looking and place is flooded

I'm pretty sure it's the same posters posting these type of statements all week. Imagine having such a negative mentality where you need to have a moan about absolutely everything!

Still snowing very lightly here in East Limerick, with 8cm falling overnight. Have to attempt to drive today, should be fun

LOL, Is that a moan ??:pac: With traces of negativity me thinks:) Get out there and enjoy it before its all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

People still enjoying the snow? No sign of any sleet or rain yet in my area of west Cork.

Yep we’re still enjoying it. It’s been a fabulous few days (but stressed cos my husband been worrying about a “have to” get to London trip) but the kids - even my big kid - have had a ball. Love seeing them all out round the neighbourhood. Dogs loving it. Amazed at the extra build-up we had this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

IS THERE ANY PICS OF HOW THE SALLY GAP IS LOOKING?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Light sleet in Dublin 10. Cars and tops of walls starting to thaw after heavy accumulation into late yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

London mostly thawed now, everywhere is drip drip drip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Very heavy snow in D18 again.

Forecast was for rain...

Are we still expecting a thaw at some point or have we got it wrong? :confused:

Really?, light rain here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

MikeSoys wrote: »
    IS THERE ANY PICS OF HOW THE SALLY GAP IS LOOKING?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Is there a group that deals with unwanted or half-finished snowmen?
    Some of them are looking very down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fizzix86

Snowing in Dublin 11. Thaw is on but snow is starting to come down quite decently again. Forecast was for rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Natibaby

Snowing again in Ballycullen, very very slight thaw on, it's 0.3c, but it could be just the weight of the snow falling of everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    My parents are planning to go to Killarney this evening and I keep gettting text messages asking will it be safe. I don't know what to say.

Ask them to check the AA website...

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Snowing heavy glencullen fresh layer again not looking forward to thaw could be a while and work Monday not looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Thaw very slow but is on in West Clare.

I really hope so.. with all my warnings to people we only really have enough supplies for another day! I thought the local farmers might come out and shift a bit of it from the roads :( but no.... I cant see how we are going to be able to get out or anyone in to our area, hills on each way in and out to main roads...... I hope it starts to rain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

So this thaw question - should we be out shoveling the driveway to prevent any flooding?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

gerrybhoy wrote: »
    Thaw me ballix

why are "they" cold ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Christ its still snowing in Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭RustyGate

Supercell wrote: »
    Really?, light rain here.

The forecast was for snow turning to rain, seems to have evolved the other way around here in D6 at the minute, but I would guess it will eventually settle back to rain. Significant thaw in progress.. Back to sleet as I type.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Is there a group that deals with unwanted or half-finished snowmen?
    Some of them are looking very down.

Our little snow creation is still surviving.

Looks pretty damn freaky though lol

attachment.php?attachmentid=444474&d=1520072471[\img]

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

fryup wrote: »
    why are "they" cold ?
    too right,been in my armpits since Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

Blizzard Phoenix park.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

Snowing again in Tara, Meath. Temp has dropped to freezing again and very slow thaw has stopped for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Still snowing in Kildare, assuming it stopped for a while overnight but there's a fresh 10cm or so since it got dark yesterday. Big thaw on already though, going to get very messy later

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

Snowing d 16

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I can't help but feel like this thaw and snowing is like powering your laptop from its own USB ports

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Absolute chaos here in Clondalkin. Fire engine, ambulance, 2 jeeps and 2 cars stuck in a small stretch of road. And I think the council is to blame here. The tractors with ploughs moved around the speedbump shoving large amounts of snow back onto the road

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

catrat12 wrote: »
    Snowing heavy glencullen fresh layer again not looking forward to thaw could be a while and work Monday not looking good

How has it been up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

In West Sligo this morning, I finally got the crunch. A house full of huskies, so have been watching the rest of the country with envy, snowing steadily today, small flakes but accumulating, so am hopeful of getting out for a proper play later on. And I'm sure I heard thundersnow about 20 minutes ago, the dogs went mad barking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Snow to sleet to rain since early morning here in Co. Waterford. Thaw had started even with snow falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭crossman47

Fizzix86 wrote: »
    Snowing in Dublin 11. Thaw is on but snow is starting to come down quite decently again. Forecast was for rain.

Forecast was rain in the south gradually moving north but still some snow further north. The arrival of rain will be gradual and remember one degree difference between rain and snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Absolute chaos here in Clondalkin. Fire engine, ambulance, 2 jeeps and 2 cars stuck in a small stretch of road. And I think the council is to blame here. The tractors with ploughs moved around the speedbump shoving large amounts of snow back onto the road

If only we had vehicles that could travel slower than 50km in built up areas without speedbumps.

Advertisement