Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

bosco12345 wrote: »
    Message to cork people, post up a few pictures please want to see this madness :)

It was -6 here in Cork at 1am. Bitterly cold outside. Pretty good coverage just from today's event. Can only imagine what tomorrow will bring !

4mWDBEu.jpg

NRSrf3i.jpg

0bqtcIH.jpg

tcYwpTy.jpg

oXgl6eC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Vid of the current streamer tuning through Dublin.. Taken from Sandymount strand.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8aj63ZhWdZs2HFKS2

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

epic pics Stargate! (fave sci-fi too!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

will storm emma hit dublin bad tomorrow evening, snow, wind, etc.....

mt indicates south and central parts of the country to get the brunt of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Conditions are getting on the dangerous side here :/

Can't stand in it and barely see in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

evosteo wrote: »
    will storm emma hit dublin bad tomorrow evening, snow, wind, etc.....

mt indicates south and central parts of the country to get the brunt of it?

Seems to be very much that Dublin will be right on the borderline, so it's extremely hard to say right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Zurbaran wrote: »
    Vid of the current streamer tuning through Dublin.. Taken from Sandymount strand.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8aj63ZhWdZs2HFKS2

Heavy dry drifting snow on the beach in March. Epic.

Light snow shower in Clonmel. Only about 3cm of lying snow:o

Short fetch ruined it for us today and yesterday. Tomorrow we have ringside seats:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Dublin cc in a good spot with this well defined streamer action. Am borderline will check next few frames

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I'm in Clondalkin. I had a look out the window. There is something falling, and the wind was blowing it in all directions. I can't even see the school across the way. Unless there's fog too?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

Conditions are getting on the dangerous side here :/

Your staying up all night again - good !! The Emma is going to shave Dublin isn’t it-accumulation is growing however as I type

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Pretty heavy snow here now in Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Trebor176 wrote: »
    I'm in Clondalkin. I had a look out the window. There is something falling, and the wind was blowing it in all directions. I can't even see the school across the way. Unless there's fog too?

no fog with wind aha, its just that heavy- similar affect on visibility to fog.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Rougies wrote: »
    Heavy dry drifting snow on the beach in March. Epic.
    I went down the steps you see in the video and it is over two feet but I assume that is because it is drifting. If it gets any deeper I'm not sure I'll be able to stop myself jumping the wall to land in it.

patneve2 wrote: »
    Dublin cc in a good spot with this well defined streamer action. Am borderline will check next few frames

This is due to the longest fetch possible across the Irish sea and a short track across the UK landmass too - more chance of showers beefing up and lasting the entire journey

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ich bin ein snowman

Trebor176 wrote: »

It’s The fog.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

-6 atm, hoping the pipes don't freeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Screenshotted the webcam just now. Weird to see Temple Bar looking so pristine.

8425_CB7_D-_CFFB-4585-_B200-08_D4125_C8_FE0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

-4.7c here in West Clare, remarkable as I'm so close to the sea and such temperatures are extremely rare. I'd expect it to keep dropping too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Donne

fritzelly wrote: »
    Lecky - 10%, Internet - 90%

If the internet goes down in Cork then boards will become a graveyard

Eir internet is dropping for 30s to a minute every now and then. Keepin' fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Nothing like being a bar having a pint, watching the weather during a Red alert

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Some powdery snow reaching Limerick now

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭SAXA

Had snow in Galway around 7 30 in the morn..nothing till about 7 that evening and only maybe 1 to 2 cm so why red alert..
    I work on the roads and actually live now in Waterford but work takes me to all corners Currently stay in airbnb in south Galway..Had snow at 8, 10 and 1 so far . Everything stuck and froze. what people don't know is driving on fresh snow is better than frozen ice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

_Dara_ wrote: »

8425_CB7_D-_CFFB-4585-_B200-08_D4125_C8_FE0.png

that looks really clear, it's all blurry for me atm. someone pelt the cam with a snowball?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Donne

_Dara_ wrote: »

Groovy, looking like Dickens's Christmas Carol.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Nothing like being in the bar, having a drink and watching the weather during a Red alert and it seems I'm not the only one

BVGP1#n3PglYd

Light drifts in D15:
    B820636_C-0669-4_B50-8_B76-94004_DB90_D9_E.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

ed96QBz.jpg

The boss can collect me :pac:

• Advertisement

Solitary soul in Temple Bar now. I was just out on my balcony and it is baltic. He's a brave soul! :eek:

Temple_Bar.jpg

Advertisement