Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Latest from Met E

Today
    Scattered heavy snow showers and widespread ice and lying snow today. During the afternoon and evening blizzard conditions will develop across Munster and Leinster as heavy snow together with driving easterly winds spread northwards to all areas through the rest of the day. Temperatures will remain below freezing for the day. Strong to gale force easterly winds will bring the risk of coastal flooding along southern and eastern coasts.

Tonight

Blizzards will continue tonight. Temperatures will be as low as minus 4 degrees and there'll be strong to gale force northeast winds.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow, Friday, there'll be further snow falls. The snow will clear from the north for a time, and later will turn to rain on the south coast but extensive disruption is expected to continue for much of the country. The strong northeast to north winds will continue with storm force winds off the south coast bringing the risk of coastal flooding there.

Pretty heavy snow here now in Dundalk.

Yep, still going. We seem to have a streamer coming in over us atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,481 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Intensity dropping off a good bit after hours of constant and heavy heavy snow fall in North Dublin. NEVER experienced anything close to this before here. Impressive ! As long as you got nowhere to be I guess, which I don’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

ed96QBz.jpg

The boss can collect me :pac:

If that is his car, his outside!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

Timistry wrote: »
    This is due to the longest fetch possible across the Irish sea and a short track across the UK landmass too - more chance of showers beefing up and lasting the entire journey

It’s hitting -snow still coming down d6 and very near cc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Streamer never really got going for any decent length in D14

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Lashing it down in the city, thing of beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Streamer never really got going for any decent length in D14

I’ll share - length and miracle

Big blob forming just north of Anglesey

As I say that... Very heavy here now

It's en route rougies...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Everything white here , cars have a light dusting and its a light snow falling on and off in waterford. Eerie outside, dead calm

Best stuff since last night, it's so so powdery though

Think waterford might be in for a streamer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    As I say that... Very heavy here now

It's en route rougies...

I looked at the radar and looked out the window, nothing. Sat back down and read your post, looked out the window again 20 seconds later and boom :D

Wind has really picked up, seeing Kermit's conditions from earlier, very low visibility

As heavy as it was last night now

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Don't think this palm tree is enjoying the weather as much as we are.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fZ0fMBtbQ840BlTU2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Feck it Feck it Feck it! My washing machine has frozen out in the shed. Fell asleep on the couch all evening when I'd meant to run some washes to keep it free but didn't. Curses of Jaysus on it. :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

spookwoman wrote: »
    Think waterford might be in for a streamer

yeah it looks like Waterford, South kilkenny and Carlow could be about to get a good top up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭tomcosgrave

Just had the oddest sensation with the snow here in D13. Had the attic window open for a smoke and the snow stopped - we had a break in the cloud. It's so bright with the snow and when the cloud broke, despite the moon, it went very dark with the clear skies. 5 minutes later, a new streamer rolled in off the sea and the place went visibly brighter - like a light had been switched on. Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Feck it Feck it Feck it! My washing machine has frozen out in the shed. Fell asleep on the couch all evening when I'd meant to run some washes to keep it free but didn't. Curses of Jaysus on it. :mad::mad::mad:

Who in their right mind leaves their washing machine out on a night like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Anyone no if new ross area of wexford is due much snow tonite?thanks for any info

Anyone no if new ross area of wexford is due much snow tonite?thanks for any info
    keep an eye on the radar https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

spookwoman wrote: »

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

fritzelly wrote: »
    Who in their right mind leaves their washing machine out on a night like this

I suppose people who don't want to carry their washing machine inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭tiegan

Very little snow in S. Tipp today, prob a couple of cm. Bit jealous of those who have had a snow day!! But better be careful for what I wish for as going by the forecast, tonight (Thursday) is going to be epic. Thanks to all the knowledgeable people who post here and the technical thread so some of us less informed can learn more about our weather :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Starting now in NW Kilkenny. Wind really wiping up now too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Must be approaching 30 cms here now.

Same blizzard (and it is a blizzard) over and over again. Pure snow, no graupel.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Just looking at the IR Sat imagery, Emma seems to be pretty East, just right next to France. Wonder will it start moving in a North westerly direction soon. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Sh!t - mental snow here now :o

Unbelievable - could hardly see the nose on your face!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Hammering down now in Dublin 1

Advertisement