Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The accumulation rate is mad. By far heaviest snow so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Skies are thick and low too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Daz9718

The accumulation rate is mad. By far heaviest snow so far.

Lucky you the showers seem to be hitting north Dublin rather than the south :/ have had very little snow in rathfarnham, is the wind direction due to change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Just looking at the IR Sat imagery, Emma seems to be pretty East, just right next to France. Wonder will it start moving in a North westerly direction soon. Thoughts?

Was wondering this too. Looks way too far East no??? :pac::o:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

The snow is falling more consistently where I am tonight than last night. And, as a result, there’s a greater accumulation. Can’t wait to take photos at daybreak - if I awaken!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭tiegan

Must be approaching 30 cms here now.

Same blizzard (and it is a blizzard) over and over again. Pure snow, no graupel.

Where's here Kermit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Burst water pipe here.. Dublin 6. Sorted for now but I did not think it would be that cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ich bin ein snowman

Insane conditions on and off here for the last few hours! (North Kildare)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Some lovely snow in Dublin right now, footsteps are covered up as quick as you make them
    (Sorry for the I'm fecking freezing sounds!)

Georges St

Round the corner

That faint outline is St Patricks Cathedral

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Daz9718

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Burst water pipe here.. Dublin 6. Sorted for now but I did not think it would be that cold!

Ye it's -6 and with a lower dewpoint it can freeze faster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Starting to see some cumulus clouds. Something is brewing from the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

watching the radar, something is brewing to the east of cork, if it would just moved inland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Only 8cm in Ashbourne. The streamers just keep grazing us instead of passing directly over us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Double snow days! Work just text to say they are closed for 2 days minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Theres a small patch near the back door thats slowly thawing. Its niggling me. :D

Otherwise a constant blast of wind, snow swept airborne in smokey clouds, fast moving snow showers on and off, and an occasional glimpse of a spectacular moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Theres a small patch near the back door thats slowly thawing. Its niggling me. :D.

You need to move, but in time for the next freeze

• Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Re comments about position of Emma, what you see there is the frontal system out ahead of Emma, the centre of the low is off the northwest tip of Spain but these fronts will be the source of most of the moisture for the snowstorm, once they come more into contact with the strong east to southeast winds across the Channel and southern England at present.

Will be posting thoughts on GFS on technical thread in a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ich bin ein snowman

Holy Jesus lump on balls Christ this is awesome! (and not the US gombean definition)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Nothing to see in Greystones :(
    Envious of ye and your blizzards.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭KingBobby

How come the radar on accuweather and yr.no show completely different areas of precipitation to met.ie radar?

(I'm too lazy to get up and just look out the window)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Lovely snow shower here in West Clare just ensuring the place has a covering before morning, beautiful! Good 2cm from that shower alone.

Christchurch Cathedral tonight.

Spooky:

IMG_0463.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Lost for words with the snow in dublin 5. Snowing non stop and the depth out there. Climbing up tnt wall of the garden and cannot even see the curbs of the road anymore. Snow just accumulating by the minute

Another:

IMG_0474.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

North kildare here, just got woken by the howling wind, looked out and every footprint is gone.well gone! Having a cuppa watching in awe!
    As my little 1 said this morn "its an actual dream come true!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Steady heavy fall in waterford for while now

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Took a chance of trying to get to work, nearly went sideways into a wall, never seen snow like this in east Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

bloody hell can hear a plane flying over

https://twitter.com/mrshanemcdonald/status/969069329152184320

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Lost for words with the snow in dublin 5. Snowing non stop and the depth out there. Climbing up tnt wall of the garden and cannot even see the curbs of the road anymore. Snow just accumulating by the minute

I see nice activity coming off the sea in your area, cool, nothing more for us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

While we are all excited, Croatia, that I visit regularly, was badly hit.

182 cm record snowfall. That is some record and I hope we won't get anywhere near that!

20cm will do.

Advertisement