Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

-7" here

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ich bin ein snowman

KingBobby wrote: »
    How come the radar on accuweather and yr.no show completely different areas of precipitation to met.ie radar?

(I'm too lazy to get up and just look out the window)

Was only just thinking the same thing. Looks to me like the met.ie radar covers precip more comprehensively, the nw radar has me clear overhead atm and it’s muntering down here. I don’t like waiting 15 mins for updates though...I want my updates NOW!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ich bin ein snowman

wonski wrote: »
    While we are all excited, Croatia, that I visit regularly, was badly hit.

182 cm record snowfall. That is some record and I hope we won't get anywhere near that!

20cm will do.

I want 183.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

brrrr
    Currently Outside:
    -4.6°C

Wind Chill: -9.9°C
    Feels like: -7°C
    Uncomfortably Cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

wonski wrote: »
    While we are all excited, Croatia, that I visit regularly, was badly hit.

182 cm record snowfall. That is some record and I hope we won't get anywhere near that!

20cm will do.

Up a mountain I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I want 183.

You don't ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

spookwoman wrote: »
    Steady heavy fall in waterford for while now

possibly more on the way too

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

No lightning strikes on blitzortung, hoping for some

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Snow now coming up the steps to our kitchen door. This is madness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

If only it would push up a bit further into kilkenny

• Advertisement

Up a mountain I'd say

In a town with 5-6k population, evacuated later as they couldn't cope.

Not a village on top of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Nibs05 wrote: »
    Took a chance of trying to get to work, nearly went sideways into a wall, never seen snow like this in east Meath.

Were you walking?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭netbeatz

spookwoman wrote: »

Thanks. Thought I was hearing things when it passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

netbeatz wrote: »
    Thanks. Thought I was hearing things when it passed.

Where did it go? Dont see it on radar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

looking at flight radar there and see a few planes are in holding patterns or been diverted in dub, couldnt find that antonov tho

ME:
    Blizzards will continue tonight. Severe thunderstorms could affect large areas of Munster and coastal areas of Leinster. Temperatures will be as low as minus 4 degrees and there'll be strong to gale force northeast winds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Doubt there are many flights coming into dublin airport if it’s anthing like here

Best words ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

No idea if the Dark Sky app is well-regarded but what is the possibility that this could be true, that if it’s above freezing tomorrow evening, we could get rain instead of snow? :eek:

44_ED5_DAC-_CCAE-431_A-90_BC-_DB6_E51_FF0252.jpg

So, status red for the whole country then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Sounds like that Anatov plane passing overhead here again in Portlaw co Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    So, status red for the whole country then...

Madness. This is not a nationwide red event.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

So weird seeing the conditions nationwide, there's barely been a flake of snow in Killarney yet. Even now it's a perfectly clear night, albeit bitterly cold.

This is not about what it is, but what it can be I think.

No point in declaring red alert after.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

_Dara_ wrote: »
    No idea if the Dark Sky app is well-regarded but what is the possibility that this could be true, that if it’s above freezing tomorrow evening, we could get rain instead of snow? :eek:

44_ED5_DAC-_CCAE-431_A-90_BC-_DB6_E51_FF0252.jpg

You mean Friday evening?

You mean Friday evening?

No, that’s for tomorrow, the screenshot. Showing rain from around 10pm tomorrow to 1am Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

_Dara_ wrote: »
    No, that’s for tomorrow, the screenshot. Showing rain from around 10pm tomorrow to 1am Friday.

Tomorrow is Friday. This is Thursday:confused:

Anyway that's unlikely by that stage but not impossible. Gale force wind off the sea is not often conducive to snow in coastal areas.

Yet?

Tomorrow is Friday. This is Thursday:confused:

Anyway that's unlikely by that stage but not impossible. Gale force wind off the sea is not often conducive to snow in coastal areas.

For the love of jaysus, it’s overnight, I’m still thinking Wednesday.

And if there was any confusion, you can see that it’s referring to Thursday: the time at the top says ‘Now’ and works through the next eighteen hours or so, which is mostly Thursday, with a bit of Friday at the end. You were really confused by this? I wasn’t expecting to have to spoonfeed!

• Advertisement

So weird seeing the conditions nationwide, there's barely been a flake of snow in Killarney yet. Even now it's a perfectly clear night, albeit bitterly cold.

Tomorrow will come.

Advertisement