Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Snowing and windy in Kilcock. If this is what it is now before the winds I dread to imagine later

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

vickers209 wrote: »
    1 little flurrie in ashford co wicklow which has blown away.
    whats the deal in 2010 we got hammered like rest of country is being now?
    Il have a very dissapointed 3 yo ahain this morning

Mainly down to wind direction. Also in 2010 there were a lot more days/there was a more prolonged period of convective heavy showers off the Irish Sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

erica74 wrote: »
    Evelyn on the radio explaining the red alert.

Big flakes falling again here in South Kilkenny. So so cold.

I was expecting a big flake in that attachment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Is anyone else a bit sleep-deprived and not really bothered about that fact? This is too interesting to sleep through. I’ll sleep when I’m dead. :D

Tell me about it. We have a teething baby so I should be sleeping everytime we manage to get her to settle but no, here I am, lamppost watching all night. Fml.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Snowing and windy in Kilcock. If this is what it is now before the winds I dread to imagine later

I agree the wind is wild here in d12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 White_hills

Snow continuing to fall/being blown about it Portobello. Looks like we had another 4cm or so over night, keeping a measurement post out the back, up to 16cm (not sure if I'm following the contentious measurement requirements debated last week but it'll do me 🀗)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

what I don't understand is the radar is not showing anything over portarlington but it's quite heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Speak Now wrote: »
    I was expecting a big flake in that attachment :)

Not a flake but a blanket!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭anndub

RiseToMe wrote: »
    Snowing here in Dublin 9 after a pretty uneventful night

Really? I have was up with the baby multiple times and it was hammering down every time with limited visibility during gusts. Still the same now. Are things that localised? I'm in the Whitehall/Santry area.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Woke up to a good bit of snow that fell overnight here in Waterford and it's still snowing, the sky looks full of it and what we are expected to get later on top of this is just crazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Did you get much snow last night .
    I'm about 8 miles south of you and only got about 50 mm

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Still nothing in gorey, I wouldn't be surprised if this blizzard will manage to bypass us also!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Did you get much snow last night .
    I'm about 8 miles south of you and only got about 50 mm

Everything rebuilt on yesterday. We lost a decent depth due to a huge shower of hailstones yesterday and its beyond that now. I swept my path yesterday, there were piles of over 20cm on either side of it. Now it looks like I never did it. I've no ruler and I'm loath to estimate but its the most snow I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

This event has been very disappointing for Wicklow so far. Even the Roundwood folk have only gotten a few centimetres. My 4cm in Bray doesn't even beat February 2009 for crying out loud. Supposed to have been the worst impacted area in the Country Tuesday to Thursday and turns out we were one of the least. Can't imagine how disappointed the Greystones, Wicklow, Arklow and Gorey Boys and Girls are so far who got even less or nothing at all. I swear to goodness, if I don't have a foot of snow outside by Friday afternoon I'll be writing a stern letter to the Weather Gods!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Mainly down to wind direction. Also in 2010 there were a lot more days/there was a more prolonged period of convective heavy showers off the Irish Sea.

Yes but wicklow coast was first to get pasted by it in 2010 i rember driving from dublin plently of lightning that night but bone dry up to kilmac then snowneggèden rest of way home com0lete opposite now

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Unreal in Clondalkin here. 18cm and 25cm drifts at walls

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

2013Lara wrote: »
    Wicklow too.

And Bray. Not that I am complaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

http://www.lahinchsurfshop.com/lahinch-web-cam-271257cm1.html

The webcam in Lahinch snowing back west.....

Around two inches here inland

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

Great covering in Loughrea, Galway, last night. a good 3 - 4 inches looking at the middle of the road. Schools closed, just as well. Drifts are a lot deeper too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Nor much overnight here in Kilnamanagh, d24.

1-2 cms on top of what was already there at best.

Pretty calm too, no wild winds. Yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Calibos wrote: »
    This event has been very disappointing for Wicklow so far. Even the Roundwood folk have only gotten a few centimetres. My 4cm in Bray doesn't even beat February 2009 for crying out loud. Supposed to have been the worst impacted area in the Country Tuesday to Thursday and turns out we were one of the least. Can't imagine how disappointed the Greystones, Wicklow, Arklow and Gorey Boys and Girls are so far who got even less or nothing at all. I swear to goodness, if I don't have a foot of snow outside by Friday afternoon I'll be writing a stern letter to the Weather Gods!! :mad:

No snow tomorrow and I will never mention the word snow in my house again until its up to the window cills. Extremely disappointing for the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Rain shower reported at Dublin Airport at a temperature of -4 degC and Dp of -6. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Same as Lucan. Got a big top up over night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Anywhere get no snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Don't think there was much here overnight in Cork city to add to what fell but there is a treacherous layer of ice under that snow. Glad I don't have to try travelling in that. Be lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Anywhere get no snow?

Not a single flake

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Periscal

measured extra 3cm of snow overnight, on top of 23cm yesterday morning, now snowing heavily and horizontally.
    I am really curious what totals can we get over next day or two here in West Wicklow, we might be in the sweet spot as precipitation stalls in Wicklow mountains, what do mods think of west wicklow area and snow potential during today and tomorrow? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Anywhere get no snow?

Effectively none in Donegal, as predicted. But should get some tonight.

Advertisement