Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Fairly pelting it down in celbridge at the moment. Winds strong enough and have been pretty much all night. The snow we used in the garden to build the mega snowman named ted by my 4 year old has now been replaced. Drifts in some places too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

2013Lara wrote: »
    No snow tomorrow and I will never mention the word snow in my house again until its up to the window cills. Extremely disappointing for the kids.

No 1 rule I learned at the knee of my own mother. Never ever suggest to children that anything at all is going to happen tomorrow, indeed, dismiss any rumors they may have heard completely out of hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Despite plenty of heavy and driving snow overnight in my location - very little added to accumulations. In fact there's a few cm less out back now than there was yesterday evening. It's just all blowing away!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

this is pretty amazing in D15 And Emma hasn't arrived yet !, memories of a lifetime .... well done Met Eireann, without the timely warnings we could have people stranded on motorways like in Scotland , uk met office has questions to be answered .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Very light snow here, we seem to be at the edge of the streamers, barely 1cm overnight, disappointed!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭00benski

Anywhere get no snow?
    None overnight at all in Bray. So sad this morning 😢😢

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Fitzo123

A fairly impressive 2 or 3cm in Sligo town which is way more than was expected by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Not much extra snow in D16 overnight, whats there has frozen underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

jo06555 wrote: »
    "The intensity of snow will likely be somewhat less impressive than yesterday with 5 to 10 cm further amounts."

Why are we hearing about blizzards and warnings from 4pm when MT is saying today will be less impressive . What am I missing here with that forecast ?

In that bit he's talking about the snow streamers blowing into North Leinster and Ulster at the moment.

However, I'm reading the rest where he talks about the actual blizzard and I think he's saying it'll hit the Dublin region later than I expected this evening and with less snow totals than I expected. ie. I'm lowering my expectations here in Bray where I've also been bitterly disappointed along with the rest of Wicklow where we've all gotten little or none so far.

Our loss in that Easterly with the Wales Snow Shadow over us was Southern Coastal Corks gain though I suppose as the Easterly delivered historic amounts to some parts of Cork. Should shut up the Corkonian 'Snow whingers' for a while. ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭diarmuid79

Another 6-8cm in Celbridge with snow still coming down this morning, winter wonderland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Lovely morning in Dublin 17 with continuous streamers from the Irish sea 🌊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Freezing morning in Cork City. No snow added but impressive icicles hanging from everything. Easily 3-4 cm on the ground here. Winter wonderland in Spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

D2 is getting pasted with it coming down side ways...I'd hate to think what it would be like this late afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Are we due rain or snow tonight? Dublin wise..
    Seeing both?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

D15 - Snowing sideways here at the moment after another dumping last night. Strong winds.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

The gaps between the patio have snow in them now.
    Really not warranting a red warning in sw donegal yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭tikkamark

Easily another 10cm on top of 12cm from yesterday so 22cm deep snow and still falling here on the Meath Westmeath border outside Kinnegad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I usually hate these kind of posts, but I've had enough. I'm aware we will get a good blast of it later, but the last 3 days has been so disappointing. Not one flake of snow and a low of only -4. Nothing too severe. Again, I understand the storm is later but this beast from the east dodged me completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

00benski wrote: »
    None overnight at all in Bray. So sad this morning ����

Look again!, a bit of a shower just started.

Woke up to freezing cold house in Bray; 4c in the kitchen which faces east, 6 in the hall on the other side of the house. Last night it was only 10c in the kitchen and that was with the heating on! The wind is just so strong and so cold :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

South east going to get a blast very soon on top of what we getting now it seems ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Kamili wrote: »
    Not much extra snow in D16 overnight, whats there has frozen underneath.

We are in D16 too and got a right dusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

diarmuid79 wrote: »
    Another 6-8cm in Celbridge with snow still coming down this morning, winter wonderland

In celbridge too and can confirm this, with some impressive drifts also, haven't tried to open my front door yet, but I know I'm going to get a hallway full of snow when I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

My Mam is in Dunshaughlin and her electricity has gone :( anyone else?

Not much snow overnight in Drimnagh, D12 but light showers coming down the last little while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Just in from walking dogs-road definitely slippier this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Annagh cross Co Galway 01/03/18IMAG3107_zps6gjkuktp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Lots of snow overnight here, I can't see the road or footpath anymore. Still snowing away.

Fun fact: this is the first time I've seen lying snow in March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Okay, officially delirious from lack of sleep. Bed beckons. Smell yiz later! o/

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭diarmuid79

Snow lashing down in Celbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Nothing in Rathmines since last night..
    Strong wind this morning though!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Calibos wrote: »
    In that bit he's talking about the snow streamers blowing into North Leinster and Ulster at the moment.

However, I'm reading the rest where he talks about the actual blizzard and I think he's saying it'll hit the Dublin region later than I expected this evening and with less snow totals than I expected. ie. I'm lowering my expectations here in Bray where I've also been bitterly disappointed along with the rest of Wicklow where we've all gotten little or none so far.

Our loss in that Easterly with the Wales Snow Shadow over us was Southern Coastal Corks gain though I suppose as the Easterly delivered historic amounts to some parts of Cork. Should shut up the Corkonian 'Snow whingers' for a while. ;):D

We won't charge you for the snow shield. Actually, you can keep it :)

Advertisement