Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Keengolfer7

Looking like I might not get out of work until 4pm in Dublin. :(

Can anyone tell me when the worst snow is going to hit? Thanks, I really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Deco99 wrote: »
    Where's the snow storm at the moment? Is the mad event from 4 to 12 tomorrow unlikely? Trying to look at radar maps but I don't see what on the way

Just look down near Cornwall.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

pad199207 wrote: »
    Incredible Snowfall Rates here in Naas!

Its madness !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Deco99 wrote: »
    Where's the snow storm at the moment? Is the mad event from 4 to 12 tomorrow unlikely? Trying to look at radar maps but I don't see what on the way

The northernmost bands are around the south west tip of England.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I think there is a radar issue not just Netweather , Metogroup Premium radar showing nothing also and Im going on 5 hours plus constant snow

443748.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

shar01 wrote: »
    The cat has finally gone out for a shyte. Was getting seriously concerned we were on track to rival this chap http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/drug-suspect-toilet-strike-lamarr-chambers-essex-police-a8226201.html

Mine went 36 hours without I reckon, refusal to move outside. I poured about 5 buckets of hot water into a spot in the garden to give her a sight of grass. Now been missing 3 hours, doesn't help that she is completely white.
    No panic or anything, often goes a wanderin'

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Looking like I might not get out of work until 4pm in Dublin. :(

Can anyone tell me when the worst snow is going to hit? Thanks, I really appreciate it.

South coast about 4 , I think Dublin Midlands 6 onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

BTpevQpQxcQgpogSjfUzuLkNDScpVM6POyqGpt8IB8V0gGhLFpcNwl3DlwdY3g6zCcZM_AM2PyLQRB0Zzd15XP9jgtXRv-NOF6np8FinPsOGMlKnrCqWI9KRciEpZxY7zIk4t-X19zjzwfipq-i3iB5YUGRUpyzDuvNwqmLhQzo6ROPVUgwcOrA9RfTO7HQ3QCSPZ9Yj4rg5Bv7xkpsTvLfwXegdBwL4LR7pvAmBFpWvS589c65d-pLKzMzZm8ip_rDjRwV5Nz9s9_6b5GDd_kM-L1fat2oy4FkwouytaAZ6gq4AXStLJLeLyHuQaC0BjJSqcKc6AVWAXTowBOwXkaB62jPNzBOoHWcwqwWTfgECVKJe6Q2kE4kEN1IBS9rgixTyp_iYcvSp-9-FcVivS07mLtdP5Yfkl6UUNwx4VOoE-OfgrbCS1EJeT2eeLZBz6pLbAOsueQ7B9wTH3PtCOGndW9s-aB8a1drmGBnhgW0LLDupcpxCUx9DOqv4M84KMLb-HcrregCXmJvYg8hbggvyyPOKq9Vj8omZQk6Q9CDB_g_mBbwJF-2_CBpulQ3SYkaZevgxrvLlCF8yfjNopRKN5Zh16aufsWXI1enG=w1266-h949-no
    l_FyMKRc1LmNmse3r2Z26wnW8GXH1diXHE5LvelvIQhc2rR7e8fT2tPeW3EQQfkY_pAaltCJjKwpmyyt0BXiN5Ab5g-Q2DdPCtiQ4GGrPBWuaZ61g6VNJUo7pLQpSC6RivVjCw8ViYGZ0HMizKLFOd5biUfOmhpcWTBphnFlyBL70Ce4Xc_oI53_PzLBBMfrsFPfP1asEFj8FvhP0YBkmeuViV2fODCDzWTpy2nt_Xo6JeFg-qc5FzrM7jhAu4_R3nxYhgorcVB34u6DRFGym2DdyuOUvl7u3ZySGt1tVIZp47WW_qSpUdrERbJ3I5g8GJK3Ob4xDjPTc1ZeAUn3o7pLyy977osVk2fZDtX4BnigskfqDhtI3ZKSPo2AmU50FeCclaH7F09dJeknwHFDTZqc4r4B3mBbvlCz6KRjn-bxi89caxhjvzoZZke7m4vzrTsHQsPrHtM_7ps2t3QlCicwoVSoJusPE2YMrogTRP0iIrADicM5okRWhas6HCfV0oRRmVFw9jeEO2Ahmr-zQaoXuCKcQ7wlMb5WvKtru7ISZXX2sh2CvyGUH7JGzQhHKcKtaWksl75XNgOi0o4uJMBPTwQ0VKd3Ga92BEfW=w1266-h949-no
    x6YFmHhbuFF9r1ux4z79Xs41gAbUKOmvSSywi--uKD7yH8JxXGB7YxN3RUVXcJcZUoXl8zvwe0b4_cmVn0zuyLrz6KG7_5VK6coxS94Alxxn5OBpKqAk_g8i9nuF368aV4cFbSwqEOLRAwbmPPDOybpN0IHMaEXE7XzSAGE8t1X8WNFHiP-XRaFZT3AiSxNr56qIDW0y1WSv7vRCC_FDAJe9xtWOqxnjRbR2i94TuQMv9guMWdPuypk2hBHLmA6ivLskbeZPxCgIJzTQwPXqj0T03FxPkAIsin4YH_q5tBHVYW4RuSdqOxqs05w0oDgux_YQPjbp_7GCghUg5h2t2FBBzR6KyK7Kcsbg0uBD-DBSA8mZDMPeM0D2JOseymjt-F4c2bexQu_cUbgabhTcH3rvG7RZOeCriIZnmJAIHqa3m0DXHa7yohyc06eX3MngXDs8sdqhd-4yWXD8BZ_JPwxiR3jdVHFuUeaqK-NA6usnurJ6UU910uGZst5NzI2ixM6eEIbhuzZ_hJ6sdCTgd97SZw_md1Kcv-EAPBQsRFbsdrNrMjhthK1O3iaFDTKP3aGFMhx_L-YWSBJ-uDIauDengy12YPGD0tfsf48X=w1266-h949-no

tramore

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I think there is a radar issue not just Netweather , Metogroup Premium radar showing nothing also and Im going on 5 hours plus constant snow

That shows nothing for Grange either and it's been constantly snowing for me also today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

Currently no warning on met page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Brit on the one news saying the UK is more prepared with winter weather. Cause there’s more snow where her son it and there’s no shutdown.

Nonsense

Meanwhile national grid are worried that they wont have enough gas in Scotland to meet demand.

Ignore all hot-takes from non-nationals, the correct thing is being done for these conditions in our odd soggy little island.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

A lot of the radar sites are way off, its conatsnt here since 7am yet clear on radars , only one i see accurate is this one.

https://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

Heavy snow showers on and off in virginia area. 8-9 inches of snow. Drifts up to 4ft on lanes already. Serious weather. Very strong gusts of wind. Currently -2 degrees.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭dmcsweeney

I think I might go get the mower and hay bob greased and ready, it's like summer here. I think it's all a marketing ply by Pat The Baker : ). We're in more danger from Gorse fires than snow here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Met Éireann is going for a continuation of the easterly regime after Emma.
    There'll be rain, sleet and snow showers on Sunday and Monday along eastern and northeastern coasts with temperatures still very low for the time of year as the easterly regime persists. The winds will gradually ease, becoming light by Monday.

The further outlook in to next week is for the cold conditions to persist with light to moderate east to northeast winds and isolated wintry showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Updating it I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Shadylou

Nothing at all happening in cork city except a thaw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Red warning being updated I assume? It's gone for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭davemc6832

I love all this extreme weather and snow but when Dub v Kerry in Croke Park gets cancelled I've had enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

I'm getting €50 if it goes above the black line.

IMG_2013.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

Shadylou wrote: »
    Nothing at all happening in cork city except a thaw

Yeah it's starting to thaw a bit anyway as the sun is getting some heat going. I think Cork City's street surface temperatures are barely cold enough for snow to stick. Dublin City centre's similar.

I noted a few bemused tourists who were not really seeing that there are significant issues away from the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Oh the sweet spot , me Pad and the rest of the Kildare massive are living in Snow Heaven :pac:
    Im going on 5 hours plus constant snow
    Its madness !

Any of you able to chance a measurement? How much is on the ground?

Being updated I'd say. I don't think the forcast has changed that quickly :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Met eireann has taken the red warning down from the website? Just wondering why.... so drogheda have a nice covering of snow maybe 5 minches and 2ft snow drifts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

4 inches in Naas since I cleared the path. 10 inch since Tuesday Evening on the uncleared area.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Some kid on sky news, reporter talking to Dad

kid to reporter
    '' we have to go now ! ''

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Met eireann has taken the red warning down from the website? Just wondering why.... so drogheda have a nice covering of snow maybe 5 minches and 2ft snow drifts

Gotta love dem minches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Been snowing consistently now for a number of hours in D11, just picked up again in the last few minutes... Heavy driving snow and a fierce strong wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Claire6

Must be updating it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Met Éireann is going for a continuation of the easterly regime after Emma.

ah c'mon, enough of that now, 3 days is grand, anything more is just not on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Gone back to yellow!!

Advertisement