Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

This is ridiculous. Who is the god of snow? What did I do to annoy him/her. Benbulben is as green as a cabbage. Feck it.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭j0ey2069

It hasn't stopped in Dublin 15 all morning, its a whiteout out there at the moment. Cant be far off the foot of snow at this stage

Fairly bad in D15 alright. I've 1m icicles hanging from my house. WTF
    https://m.imgur.com/a/Vdu5E

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭thomasj

loughside wrote: »
    Downgrade on the warning, Ulster and Connaught left out. Back to work you people. This could be a bust.
    lol!!
    Are they for real??
    just look at Netweather radar, continuous snow from very early this morning and still falling, drifting up in strong easterlies.
    (near Banbridge, Co. Down)
    No the warning is back up there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Imagine 30-40cm in Dublin CC with easterly gales - the drifts !!

Imagine 30-40cm in Cork CC with easterly gales - the drifts!! :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

Just opened my door in Dublin 6 to find this.

https://imgur.com/a/R3955

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Is the power gone in Kinsale?

Last I heard 150 homes were without power but ESB were working to reconnect them before 4pm.

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    just seen on the news, that its being extended too 3pm tomorrow

Is that 3pm for the entire country, someone I know posted saying that he got a group message from his boss telling them all to be for work at 7am as the red warning lifts at 6am.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

How long was it removed for before being updated?

Not sure. Few minutes or less?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭littlema

This is ridiculous. Who is the god of snow? What did I do to annoy him/her. Benbulben is as green as a cabbage. Feck it.

South Sligo 152asl has a nice white blanket

• Registered Users Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭appledrop

Snowing all day here in North County Dublin. Blizzard like now. I've never seen anything like it. Years ago you would have days when you wake up + place covered in snow but it wpuld nearly be gone by next day. Never remember it snowing non stop. I'm too young for 1982 was it this bad then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Thanks that's a nice website.

I presume the various radars websites (even though there is questions of their accuracy) will pick up the precipitation that comes from Emma? When should we start looking to the south to see these?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

guys check the models.. if they're even half true this is gonna be a whole country event..
    looks incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Varadkar is apparently calling the forecasted conditions a "Total Wipeout"
    The Taoiseach Leo Varadkar warned in a public address that in a blizzard scenario it could be “total wipeout” outdoors, and that between 4pm today and 12 noon on Friday the country is on “red alert”.

http://www.thejournal.ie/weather-warning-thursday-3876686-Mar2018/#comments

Wipeout! Lads its a wipeout!!

Uhm.. does he mean Whiteout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Over a foot of snow lying in areas out the back in my parents house! I didn’t realise til I sank! 6”,7”, 10”... 14”!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Try_harder wrote: »
    Over a foot of snow lying in areas out the back in my parents house! I didn’t realise til I sank! 6”,7”, 10”... 14”!!!
    North Offaly btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Council workers out clearing the snow here in Laytown, Co Meath.:pac:

Emma can do what she wants, I've had my fix!

0Q5f5Lm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Haven't had any snow able to stick for the last 24 hours in south-west of tipp.... snow has nearly completely thawed here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Thanks that's a nice website.

I presume the various radars websites (even though there is questions of their accuracy) will pick up the precipitation that comes from Emma? When should we start looking to the south to see these?

There's an app as well with a nice widget. I think they use the GFS model.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Karina Buckley from ME has said that the south coast should be seeing the first effects from Emma from 3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Never seen it so dry here in SW Donegal, zero snow, everywhere else has snow it seems even North Donegal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Corrina what’s her face on Jow Duffy show saying the heavy snowfall will start around 3pm in the south....so to the people who don’t get home by 4pm....May God have mercy on your souls :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

The eagerness of certain people to pile on with criticism of Met Eireann is telling.

"Farce", no. Just took a few minutes to update the site with separate Red Warnings as the impacts in various regions will not be identical, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

appledrop wrote: »
    Snowing all day here in North County Dublin. Blizzard like now. I've never seen anything like it. Years ago you would have days when you wake up + place covered in snow but it wpuld nearly be gone by next day. Never remember it snowing non stop. I'm too young for 1982 was it this bad then?

We’re in east Cavan and it was worse in 1982.
    We had 12 inches blanket and drifts to 6 feet extending for long stretches on the roads. I remember walking to our farm and in many places we were poking sticks down through the snow to find the cars buried below.

At the moment we have 8 inches lying snow drifting to 12 inches in places. -7 last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Just went outside in it for a short walk in d15. Breathtaking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

I'm just looking at the wind maps and I don't really see any sign of the usual southwesterly system conveyor belt along the jet stream restablishing itself.

Any sign of when normal service will be resumed?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Will Emma hurry on and hit Ennis. But of light snow but noting that will get us out of work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

this is epic, hasn't stopped in 7am this morning in Kildare

class following the action here https://www.windy.com/?rain,53.347,-6.244,5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

This will not be blizzard like this will be a blizzard!

siobhan ryan on the latest television forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

Dunsany, Co. Meath.

IMG_2018.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

appledrop wrote: »

nope, in '82 there were 4-5ft snow drifts.

Advertisement