Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Will Emma hurry on and hit Ennis. But of light snow but noting that will get us out of work :(

Unless you work in emergency services you have to be home by 4! Employer playing a dangerous game

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Dunsany, Co. Meath.

IMG_2018.jpg

Is that on your lawn? If those measurements tend to overstate. You should measure on a level surface such as driveway or top of a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Dunsany, Co. Meath.

IMG_2018.jpg

Very impressive!
    Proper measurement as well (not on the windward side of a wall :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

It's difficult to walk against the wind here in Celbridge now with the extent of the blowing snow.

Worse, there's a yellow snow warning out too...

443762.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

so this is why the Ruskies like their vodka!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

siobhan on joe duffy said line from laois to galway also very very heavy snow fk me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Fasten your seat belts it's starting in Cork...ahead of schedule if anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Try_harder wrote: »
    North Offaly btw

That's right. Prodigious amount for here. Drifts too. We don't need a blizzard, we've had enough thanks Emma.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Dunsany, Co. Meath.

that has to be a snow drift. Dunshaughlin area generally has between 3 and 5 inches of snow, heard there is about 6 in Navan.

It is becoming very difficult to measure the actual snowfall as the wind is whipping the snow everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

revelman wrote: »
    Is that on your lawn? If those measurements tend to overstate. You should measure on a level surface such as driveway or top of a car.

That was taken on the driveway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kn2k10

Gonzo wrote: »
    that has to be a snow drift. Dunshaughlin area generally has between 3 and 5 inches of snow, heard there is about 6 in Navan.

It is becoming very difficult to measure the actual snowfall as the wind is whipping the snow everywhere.

There was like 6 in Navan yesterday morning, it's at about 12 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mafra

It’s been snowing relentlessly all day so far (and I got up at 8 am so not sure how long before that).
    It’s just fantastic. Went for a walk and by the time I came back all my tracks were covered again.
    Hard to believe there’s more to come. Definitely exceeding 2010 accumulations here anyway and that was amazing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Heavy shower of light snow just now in Limerick. 2C

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

My Windy app is predicting gusts of 77 kph for 6am tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

kn2k10 wrote: »
    There was like 6 in Navan yesterday morning, it's at about 12 now.

It's nearly a foot here in D15.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Forecasting possible freezing rain for england

https://twitter.com/metoffice/status/969210027075624961

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

The countrywide red warning really is a test of whether your employer actually cares about employee well-being.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

20cm of snow measured on the roof of my shed a while a go, been snowing for over 6 hours now in Tramore, Co. Waterford. Magical stuff, doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I have to say, this is like childhood snow... as it is here in Waterford, it has to beat 2010 and is probably up there with 1987.

It's been snowing all day... I tried to get to work around 8 but gave up after a few skids... car fully cleared of snow, and there's 5 cm on it again.

And this storm Emma hasn't even arrived here yet! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

forgot to say snowing since my first post probably 2 hours plus of snow now galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Looks like Greystones is set to miss out!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

I am getting very worried here the forecast is not going to materialise here.

Snow is falling all afternoon but we are thawing rather than accumulating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

how come?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Seems like only a few inches in Cork.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's difficult to walk against the wind here in Celbridge now with the extent of the blowing snow.

Worse, there's a yellow snow warning out too...

443762.jpg

Well Goath I normally don't judge, but... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

Unbelievably disappointing day here in Tipp, bone dry, slight thaw despite -2 temps, radar is FUBARed, models have no consensus on precipitation tonight, some show limited to south and east coast and others showing heavy snowfall making it to south connaught. It all just has an air of impending disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭cmyk

Nothing here all morning near Wicklow Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭garyha

No

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭stevenup7002

What is even the difference between blizzard and blizzard-like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭spookwoman

pp_me wrote: »
    I am getting very worried here the forecast is not going to materialise here.

Snow is falling all afternoon but we are thawing rather than accumulating.
    Dont know where you are but its accumulating where I am out on the dunmore road

Advertisement