Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

wakka12 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in dublin with no snow??
    I thought every part of dublin has at least 2 inches or so

Last night and yesterday during the day - yeah there was absolutely many cases of posters on this site talking about the heavy snow in their areas whilst people had none in others.

Check out awecs posts as an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Only in Ireland would you see a woman in Pyjamas and dressing gown walking a dog in the snow at 3.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Blud

Mr Velo wrote: »
    So far i've had work, walk, whiskey....... i live in hope.

Get that man an ice cream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

Siobhan Ryan excellent on Rte 1 at the moment. 1 metre for the Wicklow mountains possibly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

LFCFan wrote: »
    3 hour forecast looks tasty
    3hr-rain.gif?1521

Can I just about make out a little bit of precip, or at least the very edge of it over Sligo there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

pad199207 wrote: »
    Absolutely chucking it down here in Naas now. For me now this is already memorable
    You're in for some night

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Supercell wrote: »
    Just up the road from Bray, would say the snizzle today has barely topped up yesterdays snow, only about 6cm if even that on the ground. Amazing that Casement has over 20cm and isnt a million miles from here as the crow flies.

Same here in bray, very little top up since yesterday, would hope for a major top up tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Blud wrote: »
    A wibbly wobbly wonder maybe?

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

xiWadej.png

Just up the road from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Blud wrote: »

And a ride. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I have taken lots more pictures today just like yesterday on the snow. I will share them as time goes by. Here's the first three, specially for you guys ;):

NVc9NbV.jpg

WJKl8aU.jpg

2iIORno.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Been snowing and very windy in SE Meath for the last few hours. Accumulating fast in the garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

wakka12 wrote: »
    3-4pm in southern eastern counties i think?

It hasn't arrived here yet on the south Cork coast. Conditions same all day. This is the best website I've found for tracking Emma's progress:

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/realtime-rainradar#

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

From the northside of cork city the south side is getting less easier to see. That's what happened last night. There has been a bit of a thaw here but nothing major. The only houses where the snow is gone off the roofs is then who have their fires lighting. The snow is gone around the chimney.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Last night and yesterday during the day - yeah there was absolutely many cases of posters on this site talking about the heavy snow in their areas whilst people had none in others.

Check out awecs posts as an example.

Oh ya I know that, I was one of them! I thought you meant some parts of dublin had no lying snow currently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

What's the best radar to track Emma ? NE is showing lots of gaps it seems everything stays same distance away lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Frontal zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Its making another weak attempt at snowing here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭hesker

appledrop wrote: »
    Snowing all day here in North County Dublin. Blizzard like now. I've never seen anything like it. Years ago you would have days when you wake up + place covered in snow but it wpuld nearly be gone by next day. Never remember it snowing non stop. I'm too young for 1982 was it this bad then?

I was in North County Dublin in 1982. The snow fell almost continuously over a 36 hour period. Not that deep in open fields maybe 10cm but the drifts in roads between the hedges was unbelievable. 8 to10 ft high. We ran on the top of them when they froze up.
    On the main Dublin to Ashbourne road the drifts completely blocked the road to a height of 6 to 10 ft for miles and miles, except where there were gaps in the hedges. The big Roadstone quarry diggers were brought in to shift the snow and open the roads.

Will be interesting to see if we get the same drifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭jim-mcdee

Everyone please be careful and stay indoors. Totally irresistible for the government to advise to stay indoors after 4pm . It should have been 3pm. Thats when my hat blew off and I was nearly hit by a few snowflakes. Totally severe weather.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

NAGDEFI wrote: »
    Siobhan Ryan excellent on Rte 1 at the moment. 1 metre for the Wicklow mountains possibly!!

Is she actually a meteorologist? I don't usually watch RTE weather forecast so I'm not sure who's who.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

pad199207 wrote: »
    Right flakes are getting bigger here now

And the Left flakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

jim-mcdee wrote: »
    Everyone please be careful and stay indoors. Totally irresistible for the government to advise to stay indoors after 4pm . It should have been 3pm. Thats when my hat blew off and I was nearly hit by a few snowflakes. Totally severe weather.

people in my area saying there was no need and they could have gone to work today (cork city) and be home by 6 and be fine.. I give up

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

jo06555 wrote: »
    What's the best radar to track Emma ? NE is showing lots of gaps it seems everything stays same distance away lol

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/realtime-rainradar#

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Mr Velo wrote: »
    So far i've had work, walk, whiskey....... i live in hope.

Would love a whiskey now

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Awwwwfook

I'm in Lismore in West Waterford and apart from a few flurries we havent had much. Yet if you drive 20 mins in any direction it's like a winter wonderland.
    I'm slightly miffed. Please warm my heart and tell me we are in for a few inches at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Just checked one one the benches out the back garden, 9 inches sitting on top of it in the Curragh. Sorry I've no pick, for the life of me I can't find my tape and had to use a brush handle and a tailors tape to measure it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

LastLagoon wrote: »
    Genuine question for anyone that knows,how many people were killed during the 1982 event

I know of one man who died due to being caught out in blizzards near Ballinascorney in the hills in County Dublin. His body was found in drifts some time later.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

Moderate snow flurry in north cork now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

Newbridge getting a hammering since morning. Heavier sneachta falling lately. This is epic already .

Advertisement