Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Ah I see the bewitching hour is nigh upon us.

Time to head out for an old ramble in the blizzard.

Good luck folks. I may be gone awhile ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Moderate is better than no snow flurries.

Absolutely!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Couple with their kid just went past walking the dog, waiting for a black van to pull up and bundle them into the back and speed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

jim-mcdee wrote: »
    Absolutely. But with these weather alerts they take the worst case / worst area scenario and apply it to the entire county. Dublin could and should have been perfectly able to operate as normal yesterday and today but didn't. Why? Because the snow was bad in isolated rural areas. Ridiculous.

You are completely wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Its 4:01 and no blizzard.

Its all a con job by the gubberment :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭obriener2054

Jesus the Irish love to moan about things.... it’s a weather warning for god sake.... lighten up... There are other people in the county to think off ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

esposito wrote: »
    Siobhan Ryan on RTÉ 1, Joanna on the radio, Jean seen recently on tv, and Evelyn helping out with the government emergency committee. But Gerry Murphy is nowhere to be seen!

He must have been let go!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭ameee

Alll the people moaning about weather warnings should realise just because it's not bad where you are doesn't mean that's the same everywhere. This is how much snow has accumulated on the dog house since only this morning when I last brushed it off. Dog is safely cozy indoors . We are in D15 and it hasn't stopped all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Netweather showing widespread snow over north Cork at the moment but nothing at all falling here - strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Nothing at all in Greystones so far, could it be a bit of a damp squib for North Wicklow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

jim-mcdee wrote: »
    Absolutely. But with these weather alerts they take the worst case / worst area scenario and apply it to the entire county. Dublin could and should have been perfectly able to operate as normal yesterday and today but didn't. Why? Because the snow was bad in isolated rural areas. Ridiculous.

So what do you want? No alerts or alerts that go town by town or area by area in a county?
    Town by town / area by area is just not workable, so county wide is the best they can do. For sure it will lead to alerts that may not be accurate for the whole county but aint that better than missing alerts and people getting hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Hmm 4pm and it just barely started snowing in Limerick

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Getting colder. - 3C

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Snow blowing around again in Sligo, still no further sticking though since this mornings fall. Looking at hedges and trees though, no real movment in them.

Bin men still working though, all though just reliased I put out the wrong bin, might have to go out for it in case the wind does pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭aidanodr

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Ah I see the bewitching hour is nigh upon us.

Time to head out for an old ramble in the blizzard.

Good luck folks. I may be gone awhile ;)

Is that you Captain Laurence Oates :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Its 4:01 and no blizzard.

Its all a con job by the gubberment :D

You know most wont get that and then others are saying its in a cronjob but dont know what they are saying!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Hmm 4pm and it just barely started snowing in Limerick

Yeah we have gentle moving flakes near tipp town at the moment had that a few hours ago though and it amounted to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Nothing at all in Greystones so far, could it be a bit of a damp squib for North Wicklow?

Streamers are just being terrible for that area but storm emma will hit greystones tonight along with all the east coast.
    The 4 o'clock time for storm emma hitting ireland is in southern counties not dublin/north wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

irishfeen wrote: »
    Netweather showing widespread snow over north Cork at the moment but nothing at all falling here - strange!

The met Eireann radar has it as virtually snizzle which is what it is. Don't worry not long to wait for Emma.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

<div style="width:100%;height:0px;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/a4kmq/wlrjrx&quot; frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width:100%;height:100%;position:absolute;left:0px;top:0px;overflow:hidden;"></iframe></div> a few hours ago in louth, snow hasn't been all that heavy but some nice snow drifts starting with the wind. Looking forward to when the storm actually hits!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Jesus the Irish love to moan about things.... it’s a weather warning for god sake.... lighten up... There are other people in the county to think off ...

Where?
    I cant see any out my window with the snow thats falling moderately

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Gintonious wrote: »
    Wind is way up now in D3, light but consistent snow.

Its here.

It is not here yet. It is here:

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/realtime-rainradar#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Even the birds have shut down. The message is hitting home.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Emma is running a little late.

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/realtime-rainradar#

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

irishfeen wrote: »

Only supposed to be very, very minimal (just flake like) based on the Netweather radar though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Grandeeod wrote: »

She's probably still getting ready. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

Thee south-east and East in particular look like getting the worst of the storm inluding all of wickla.

Milder temperatures in parts of Cork, Kerry and Waterford will definitely bring some rain to them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭bazlers

Heavy snow all day here. 10_15 CM has fallen I would say. Kildare Offaly border.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Just in out of it,consistently snowing here in North Clare.

-2 here now,and there was a slight thaw around an hour ago but it's gone cold again...

Was out down by lough Inchiquinn, those robins are very intuitive, there he or she was doing a dance in front of me....following me along...

I upturned a few big rocks, he was happy out...

Slugs,worms, beetles and other insects...

Felt bad for the insects, but sure it's nature's way.

Walked down by the river and ironically there was a trout feeding by the bridge, where the lake drains into the river the water is very clear.

The River's very low at the moment....

Advertisement