Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭teddybones

Oh she be looking lively

Oh please god let the Wicklow Town snow famine be nearing its end. The inlaws are driving me mad with their gloominess. They all bought sledges.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Omg I'm so jealous of cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Heavy snow shower in Waterford and wind picking up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Been living in this part of North Offaly near Clara for twenty years, no question the most snow we've had. December 2000 was epic, a polar low, but this is a different level. I cannot believe we will have a repeat tomorrow evening. Nature doesn't work like that...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Less than 2 hours of meteorological winter left and every single ME station below freezing from Malin at -1 to Knock at -5.
    Now that's what I call winter going out in style!
    In like a lion, out like a lamb...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Just looked at the radar. Are those showers dying out on the way over towards South Dublin and North Wicklow

No thats a radar glitch. That said, it should be over us right about now though and I don't hear anything on my attic bedroom roof or Velux yet.

I'm feeling very pessimistic myself at the moment. I've a bad feeling about Emma too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

bosco12345 wrote: »
    Message to cork people, post up a few pictures please want to see this madness :)

Ha!!! We about 25 miles north of Cork city and there is absolutely no snow...

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Deaf student

Wanted upload pictures of Cork City from my mobile but it doesn't seem to work in Boards- advice pls?

Thanks.

CHealy wrote: »
    My street in Turners Cross Cork is now completely unaccessable to cars. Im 28 and living in Cork City all my life and can only remember a proper snow maybe twice in my life, but this blows it completely out of the water, fierce exciting altoghether biy.

I've a decade on you and have never seen anything like it. And all in two hour long bursts from about 6-7 and now in the last hour. The combination of the cold and the intensity of the wind and snow makes it amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'm in Dublin 12 and hasn't been much going on tonight :( showers seem to be moving north and south of us. Have been in bed for the last hour cos I'm wrecked, but I keep checking this thread and then getting up to look out the window >.< working from home tomorrow (and have actual work to do and have to be logged in from 9am) but wish I could stay up all night!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Daz9718

wakka12 wrote: »
    Omg I'm so jealous of cork.

Same but hopefully Dublin gets some soon

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Calibos wrote: »
    No thats a radar glitch. That said, it should be over us right about now though and I don't hear anything on my attic bedroom roof or Velux yet.

I'm feeling very pessimistic myself at the moment. I've a bad feeling about Emma too. :(

I have a good feeling about Emma. Met seem to be very bullish about it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Reports of thunder in Cork, can’t say I’ve heard it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

It's like a scene from the day after tomorrow here in cork. Loud clap of thunder, followed by lightning. I can barely make out the lampost viability is so bad. I've never seen anything like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Consistant but light snow here now (the Lough).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

bosco12345 wrote: »
    Message to cork people, post up a few pictures please want to see this madness :)

Rochestown, Cork now...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Light snow in Firhouse ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Just to clarify, in the tech thread I said that we're past the heaviest of the showers. We should see a gradual decline in intensity in the next few hours. This is separate to Emma, which will be a dynamic-snow event, not relying on sea convection.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

CHealy wrote: »
    My street in Turners Cross Cork is now completely unaccessable to cars. Im 28 and living in Cork City all my life and can only remember a proper snow maybe twice in my life, but this blows it completely out of the water, fierce exciting altoghether biy.

What will it be like by Friday?

Could be very serious at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Has I missed a joke with my picture of the bin ?

The upside down pic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

We asked for snow in cork and we are getting it! Car just drove into my estate and the back wheens stopped turning all together only front driving. Crazy that epolle are still attempting to drive right now!

Few beers down :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Wanted upload pictures of Cork City from my mobile but it doesn't seem to work in Boards- advice pls?

Thanks.

Try using imgur and link it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

now online wrote: »
    It's like a scene from the day after tomorrow here in cork. Loud clap of thunder, followed by lightning. I can barely make out the lampost viability is so bad. I've never seen anything like this.

Whereabouts ? heard no thunder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Has I missed a joke with my picture of the bin ?

It's upside down! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Cork City getting pasted, thunder and lightning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭easyvision

seems very light tho

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

bloopy wrote: »
    One of the posters in the technical thread mentioned that the heavy snow is finished for the week. Has Storm Emma changed or is the poster mistaken?

He said heavy intensity streamer snow would be finished .......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Just to clarify, in the tech thread I said that we're past the heaviest of the showers. We should see a gradual decline in intensity in the next few hours. This is separate to Emma, which will a dynamic-snow event, not relying on sea convection.

Oh sweet jesus

you had me there for about 5mins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

In all my 34 years living in cork I've never seen snow like this 😲

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Thunder & lightning. East Cork.

Advertisement