Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

Sent him up there doesnt look frozen is all he said! Great help he is.

If I turned on the hot water switch would it help at all if it is frozen? Or is that a bad idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Very calm here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

And even when they do appear to pass over the area, according to radar, most of the time there is little precipitation :confused:

Yeh just little flakes...really windy light snow here since tuesday morning.
    Anyway..lets not think about this anymore we have plenty coming for south dublin and wicklow tonight for all us who missed out the last two days!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Some impressive drifts here outside Athboy 70mASL
    Up to 4ft deep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

wicklowdub wrote: »
    When is it socially acceptable to start drinking. Right after the start of the red alert or should one wait until some snow starts to fall at least?

Both are applicable for me right now but I need to make my supplies last. So I'll wait until Emma herself arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Nothing like a weather event to expose the rampant cretin like intellect that runs deep in this country.

Nobody cares about your precious little brats and whether or not they could go to school and nobody cares about your small business either.

Lives could potentially be lost in what is an unprecedented and unpredictable situation.

It is one or two days so get a grip and think of the wider community and the emergency services instead of your own self-centred little universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Someone put me out of my misery, it's been a long month watching and waiting for beast to arrive and this thread is torture for someone who hasn't got a snowflake yet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Just a bit white at Grange today :cool:.

lRifELj.jpg

ExwG3XY.jpg

rGSitgf.jpg

Me before I was about to go into a snowball fight with some lads.

Sef2TFkg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    TV3 keep on talking about the 4pm curfew.

It's not 'The Purge'.....

-1c in Limerick. Cloudy.

Did Leo not say the army would shoot anyone caught outdoors during the storm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Still snowing in South Kilkenny but no sign of Emma.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭clownface95

Where is the best place to leave some food for the birds, they are digging all the snow looking for things to eat. We don’t have a bird feeder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

When is it socially acceptable to start drinking. Right after the start of the red alert or should one wait until some snow starts to fall at least?

I would say 5pm is socially acceptable. I’m prepping mine already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Where is the best place to leave some food for the birds, they are digging all the snow looking for things to eat. We don’t have a bird feeder

Next to the cats bowl

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

spookwoman wrote: »
    Issue is some media are calling it a curfew and probably why some are taking the micky out of it by saying Leo and his lot will come after you if you are not indoors by 4pm

Who are calling it a curfew?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

This is the most unpredictable weather event I think we’ve had! Siobhan Ryan saying record breaking snow, others saying that the south may have rain tomorrow morning...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

total whiteout now in Dunshaughlin.

snow being whipped up 20+ feet into the air.

large flakes, almost horizontal snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Mini drifts this morning in Galway.

T0dpayP.jpg

It has been topping up all day with some lovely drifts around the local fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

gebbel wrote: »
    It would say 5pm is socially acceptable. I’m prepping mine already!!
    Mmm Staroprammen, yummy, havnt had that in a good while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

On the ground is grand, they'll work away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Probably another few hours before it hits cork or am i wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Just got our water back up and running (private well) here in North Cork. Pipes in outhouse completely froze with pressure vessel cut in switch froze too... out with heaters and we eventually got it going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

I've been throwing it out and they're picking it up no bother but I've also put out a large lunch box lid with seed and oats on it so they even been landing on that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭ZeroSum76

Close to Wicklow Head it's started to fall as snow - good sign for the deprived east coastal towns. Worry was sleet. Mad looking at a wall of it coming in from the Irish Sea!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Did Leo not say the army would shoot anyone caught outdoors during the storm

Wouldnt be a bad idea

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

When will storm Emma hit north Leinster? Snowing here in virginia all day, 8 inches 4ft drifts, wind picking up strongly now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,430 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nothing like a weather event to expose the rampant cretin like intellect that runs deep in this country.

Nobody cares about your precious little brats and whether or not they could go to school and nobody cares about your small business either.

Lives could potentially be lost in what is an unprecedented and unpredictable situation.

It is one or two days so get a grip and think of the wider community and the emergency services instead of your own self-centred little universe.

Lol, this made me laugh for real, don't hold back now.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Some people seriously need to cop on, self serving eejits who’d have their staff try and trudge into and home too work in a once in a lifetime blizzard all for a days business possibly being lost.

Meanwhile I’m in maynooth and I wouldn’t be surprised if we have gotten the worst of it, the canal is frozen, snow up to shins in most places and the town on complete lockdown except for one pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Any reports from Wexford of the arrival of Emma?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Iceman1984

Very cold but calm here in south Tipperary, small gusts of wind so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 KingKlopp96

Anytime after 11am..

Advertisement