Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

Where is the best place to leave some food for the birds, they are digging all the snow looking for things to eat. We don’t have a bird feeder

We have a bird feeder, and the feckers are ignoring it and continuing to burrow in the snow and up and down the trees. More fools them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

FutureGuy wrote: »
    A few flakes in an otherwise dry and cold Limerick.

Flakes falling for most of the day here in the Burren most of the day.....just above Ennis

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Not really much activity in Kilkenny town. So far the past couple of days were overnight accumulations but noting holding during the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

ZeroSum76 wrote: »
    Close to Wicklow Head it's started to fall as snow - good sign for the deprived east coastal towns. Worry was sleet. Mad looking at a wall of it coming in from the Irish Sea!

Hope it gets on with it for Wicklow/Rathnew, the kids are going spare with the lack of it (and lack of school!)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭moeblogs

So did Tv3 by the looks of it...
    2013Lara wrote: »
    I haven't even got snow and I've started
    443820.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I’m also waiting until 5pm to crack open the booze. Have it sitting outside sitting in a pile of snow ready to go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Who are calling it a curfew?

TV3. They also called 30cm of snow 6 inches so that says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Not really much activity in Kilkenny town. So far the past couple of days were overnight accumulations but noting holding during the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

thelad95 wrote: »
    Meanwhile I’m in maynooth and I wouldn’t be surprised if we have gotten the worst of it, the canal is frozen, snow up to shins in most places and the town on complete lockdown except for one pub!

Which pub out of interest? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

My video of high tide on Sandymount strand earlier on, now that's not something you see every day...

https://twitter.com/DavidCostelloDC/status/969196547144634368

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Light flakes starting in North Kerry now near Ballybunion... So far it hasn't been bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

you can see emma approaching here http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/realtime-snowfall

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

Looks like Galway could get plenty of snow later according to the latest models,
    also o the city has had snow most of the day from the Irish Sea streamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

leahyl wrote: »
    This is the most unpredictable weather event I think we’ve had! Siobhan Ryan saying record breaking snow, others saying that the south may have rain tomorrow morning...

Pretty much defines major snow events here. Always marginal :(

My biggest worry is if the mild air follows too quickly. We will have feet (and in some isolated places at altitude, metres) of snow melting at the same time as a spring tide and potentially while still raining.

Will be an awful mess and for that reason if no other I hope the cold sticks around to thaw things mor gradually over a few days. No one needs several feet of freezing water in their house.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nonstop in Monasterevin since 8am this morning, and i went for a walk there. Absolutely beautiful in places.

ObyCv9p.png

https://streamable.com/8cuap

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭ZeroSum76

BigMoose wrote: »
    ZeroSum76 wrote: »
    Close to Wicklow Head it's started to fall as snow - good sign for the deprived east coastal towns. Worry was sleet. Mad looking at a wall of it coming in from the Irish Sea!

Hope it gets on with it for Wicklow/Rathnew, the kids are going spare with the lack of it (and lack of school!)
    Well it looks to have started and this isnt even the main precip. we are expecting. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Any indication roughly if and when Emma will be hitting Dublin? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

emma not even hitting ireland until approx 6.. still a long way to go yet..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Hooks Golf Handicap

I went out and wiggled my hole outside at 4:30.
    Fight the power.

Near Carlow, snowing all day but we've less snow now since the day started, don't know what's going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

Nothing like a weather event to expose the rampant cretin like intellect that runs deep in this country.

Nobody cares about your precious little brats and whether or not they could go to school and nobody cares about your small business either.

Lives could potentially be lost in what is an unprecedented and unpredictable situation.

It is one or two days so get a grip and think of the wider community and the emergency services instead of your own self-centred little universe.

post of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Rougies wrote: »
    TV3. They also called 30cm of snow 6 inches so that says it all really.

People get their news from TV3?
    In 2018?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Achasanai wrote: »
    We have a bird feeder, and the feckers are ignoring it and continuing to burrow in the snow and up and down the trees. More fools them.

Have a bird feeder and they have been emptying it within 24 hrs, usually takes them 3 days

Also seeds on the ground to avoid them queuing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

NAGDEFI wrote: »
    Beauty (Emma) and the Beast :)

I raise you

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭3dogs

Where is the best place to leave some food for the birds, they are digging all the snow looking for things to eat. We don’t have a bird feeder

I put food on the back wall for them, they went nuts for it, obviously really hungary

• Administrators Posts: 53,848 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Turns out if I walk 10 seconds round the corner the snow is literally three times as thick :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭spookwoman

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Who are calling it a curfew?
    I believe TV3 are, the the irish times yesterday, leinster express and few rags.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

Did Leo not say the army would shoot anyone caught outdoors during the storm

Unfortunately, utter moronism hasn't been categorised as an offence worthy of capital punishment. Yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I’m also waiting until 5pm to crack open the booze. Have it sitting outside sitting in a pile of snow ready to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

They told us to be in doors from 4 pm but that does not mean Emma will be arriving at 4.01 pm I'd say they gave themselves a hour or two cushion to be sure and by radar images it's around that far away from my untrained eye ..

Advertisement