Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Has I missed a joke with my picture of the bin ?

You turned the joke on its head

• Registered Users Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Been living in this part of North Offaly near Clara for twenty years, no question the most snow we've had. December 2000 was epic, a polar low, but this is a different level. I cannot believe we will have a repeat tomorrow evening. Nature doesn't work like that...

I'm in Kilbeggan and I was expecting more. Only a few inches on the ground here outside the house

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

irishfeen wrote: »
    Ha!!! We about 25 miles north of Cork city and there is absolutely no snow...

It's crazy! Can see it on the radar and we're just on the edge of it. Hopefully tomorrow we see some snow chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

bosco12345 wrote: »
    Message to cork people, post up a few pictures please want to see this madness :)

Give me a sec will post up one or two

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I don't understand how I'm getting away so lightly (so far). I'm 15k north of Cork city and 200m above sea level. We'd get snow a couple of times a year when the city would be bone dry.

This snow is coming from the east whereas most normal weather fronts come from the west. Take a look at this https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar and see the weather fronts coming in along from Waterford. This is what’s hitting Cork. Mainly south coast; Yoghual, Midleton, Garryvoe, Carrigaline, Kinsale, Clonakilty all probably getting the worse, which is never the norm for snow in Cork. It’s usually northwest Cork that gets the most

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Roads all white again. Light intensity now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭Goose81

adam240610 wrote: »
    Not good news for north Wicklow and south Dublin then, just as a few are slowly lining up from Wales now. What kind of reduction are we talking about?

When you say not good news do you mean they will get no snow or loads of sbow in South Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

leahyl wrote: »
    Reports of thunder in Cork, can’t say I’ve heard it myself

Hearing it over the last 45 mins due south of me down towards the coast. Midleton area.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Living near Fermoy, and no snow all day.
    Didn't even need to defrost the car this morning.

I was looking forward to some snow. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Coming down again in D6w but nothing major. Might pick up maybe.

And it’s stopped again..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭aidanodr

leahyl wrote: »
    Reports of thunder in Cork, can’t say I’ve heard it myself

Yip heard and seen in Carrigaline, Crosshaven, Myrtleville, Monkstown, Blackrock

Is their anything more we can get at this stage ... Its pumilling down snow too and winds in Carrigaline

At this rate and after yesterday, last night, today and tonight they will have to do an archaeological dig to find the town :D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

Heckler wrote: »
    absolutely covered here in cork (the Lough). Looks beautiful and no work till monday because of it !

Pictures from cork please

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

Heckler wrote: »
    Whereabouts ? heard no thunder ?

Sorry! Douglas. I just opened the blinds to look out again and the whole sky lit up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

My God looking at the netweather radar it looks like there is even more to come in cork. I'll be up all night!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Snow Lovers Winter Olympics

Streamer Irish Sea Dash: as expected the Eastern counties have dominated this event with strong showing so far from Dublin, Meath & Kildare but Cork are putting in a very late charge and could cause a surprise. Kildare & Dublin still look favourites to fight it out for the gold.

Emma blitz: the main event that everyone is looking forward to starts tomorrow evening with a real battle between Cork, Waterford, Wexford, Carlow, Kilkenny, Dublin, Kildare but every county in Munster & Leinster will fancy their chances. This could be the battle of the decade and could be a few records broken with this one providing some last minute jitters don't result in a complete flop which we know has happened before

Technical marathon - final event will start on late Fri/Sat and could be over very quickly or go on for a number of days. Very difficult to pick any winners for this as there's no previous form but the North & North west who dominated pre-qualifying over the winter might still have a surprise in store as they'll be disappointed with their showing so far

Note: Once again Wicklow have been disqualified from all events for breaching the >250asl limit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

patneve2 wrote: »
    Roads all white again. Light intensity now

Had one brief burst of huge graupel and snow here (under 5 mins) now back to just the odd flake...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Cork the snow capital of Ireland, would you ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

I've just watched the BBC News 24 forecast at 2155 and the further outlook for next week is rather vague as you would expect but it finished with
    "... the beast from the east is in no hurry to go home"

Blame Putin

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

The snow in cork,is that early start of Emma? Or part of the easterly

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Peeps in Cork, put up pictures! Need to see what the place looks like! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

largepants wrote: »
    Hearing it over the last 45 mins due south of me down towards the coast. Midleton area.

Nothing here. I'd rather thunder than snow. And I used to live in Midelton. Thunder is awesome ! Swap ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Visibility <200m in D18 with blowing grauple

Living near Fermoy, and no snow all day.
    Didn't even need to defrost the car this morning.

I was looking forward to some snow. :-/

You'll see plenty tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

How has none of that landed in Waterford city it looked like it passed right over us

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Alright who found the snow shield generator and where is there an incinerator for is to burn it?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭teddybones

My daughter lives in Cork city. She is over the moon. Wicklow was to get plastered and nothing and she is basking in a winter wonderland and very happy to have outdone her ma in the snowstakes. And tbh i am delighted for all ye Cork people. The snowshield died a slow and arduous death and not before time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Much more consistent and heavy here tonight than last night ( East Meath)

The snow in cork,is that early start of Emma? Or part of the easterly

Part of the easterly streamers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

aidanodr wrote: »
    Yip heard and seen in Carrigaline, Crosshaven, Myrtleville, Monkstown, Blackrock

Is their anything more we can get at this stage ... Its pumilling down snow too and winds in Carrigaline

At this rate and after yesterday, last night, today and tonight they will have to do an archaeological dig to find the town :D
    I've never seen anything like this...if Carlsberg did snow 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Snow, Co. Cork

Advertisement