Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Shapes In The Clouds Do You See When Looking Up At Them?

• 28-02-2018 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭

I was watching Nationwide a couple of weeks ago and they were talking to a man who is obsessed with taking pictures of clouds that has different shapes like animal's. So the other day I was sitting on a bus on the way home from work it was a nice day with blue skies and some white fluffy clouds that had some amazing shapes like a rabbit, lion and a what I think was a bear. So have you ever taken that few seconds out from your busy schedule to admire the amazing shape clouds have and if so why not post if what shapes you have seen and we can see if anyone has seen anything unusall.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭buried

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Jaysus it's years since I've just lay on the grass and looked up to the clouds. So relaxing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Jaysus it's years since I've just lay on the grass and looked up to the clouds. So relaxing.

Maybe we should all do it more often..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

You could be on to something there, Roy. Maybe we should.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I prefer taking acid before laying down looking up at the clouds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

EPAndlee wrote: »
    I prefer taking acid before laying down looking up at the clouds

I'm sure you would see some unusual shapes without having to look at the clouds if you took acid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭buried

Great hobby. Not enough of it. Looking up at night is good too. Moonbathing. When you think about it, probably the vast majority of our ancestors escapism hobby was looking up at the sky and seeing what shapes and scenarios could be made out of what they saw. What else was there to do for thousands of years. Constellations with stars and all that. They probably had something similar for looking at clouds too.
    Very cool thread. Ima go do more of it.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

buried wrote: »
    Great hobby. Not enough of it. Looking up at night is good too. Moonbathing. When you think about it, probably the vast majority of our ancestors escapism hobby was looking up at the sky and seeing what shapes and scenarios could be made out of what they saw. What else was there to do for thousands of years. Constellations with stars and all that. They probably had something similar for looking at clouds too.
    Very cool thread. Ima go do more of it.

I remember when I was a young lad and we didn't have all the technology we have today myself and my friends would lie in the fields on a Summer's day with blue skies and fluffy clouds trying to figure out what shapes we have seen. We would spent hours doing it and it was great craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've looked at clouds that way
    But now they only block the sun
    They rain and snow on everyone
    So many things I would have done
    But clouds got in my way
    I've looked at clouds from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's cloud's illusions I recall
    I really don't know clouds at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Cunnilinus where I'm at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

natashaob6 wrote: »
    I was watching Nationwide a couple of weeks ago and they were talking to a man who is obsessed with taking pictures of clouds that has different shapes like animal's. So the other day I was sitting on a bus on the way home from work it was a nice day with blue skies and some white fluffy clouds that had some amazing shapes like a rabbit, lion and a what I think was a bear. So have you ever taken that few seconds out from your busy schedule to admire the amazing shape clouds have and if so why not post if what shapes you have seen and we can see if anyone has seen anything unusall.

Those Cumulus clouds and their shapes have inspired many writers, including myself at one time!

I've found April and September to be the best months for cloud shapes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Its all like clouds and sky and sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭dmc17

I saw an unusual fire shape yesterday

dmc17 wrote: »
    I saw an unusual fire shape yesterday

Great picture. It would be great if posters came accross unusual cloud pictures and posted up so we could have a look.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

A.bit of the oul San Pedro cactus, a few clouds and you're sorted for a day's entertainment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Overweight women in g-strings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

What is the stars Joxer, What is the stars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Picture+4.png

Picture+4.png

Where's his head? I guess it's in the clouds.

Advertisement