Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why Ireland is a shіthole country:

• 28-02-2018 10:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33

I currently live in Finland having moved here recently.

Ireland has abysmally crap weather. Rain, rain, rain and more fucking rain. Spring, summer, autumn and winter. Here in Finland, summers are lovely and warm and winters have nice downpours of snow. We rarely get snow in Ireland. Such a shame.

Excellent public transport here, cheap and efficient. Other public services are great too. shіt in Ireland and the unions have you all over a barrel.

An excellent public transport that actually works and the unions don't have them over a barrel.

Third party car insurance can be bought from government office for an absolute pittence, no invalidation due to a question being answered slightly wrong or having alloys installed etc, you ring up, get the vehicle insured and anyone can drive as long as they have a license and permission of the owner.

Graduated speeding fines based on income, so doing 53 km/h doesn't get the same fine as someone doing 159 km/h.

Young men are made do one year of conscription. This makes proper men. Stops scangers and does good for the country. That'd never happen in Ireland.

There's no patriotism in Ireland. People write on the flag and draw ridiculous pictures and slogans. For anyone who says the flag is just a piece of cloth, is a winning lottery ticket just a piece of paper?

Everything is crap about Ireland and I feel sorry for the pathetic fools who actually enjoy that shіthole.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭christy c

Thanks for your sympathy, makes me feel better

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Glad you're enjoying your time there. feel free to stay .

I love Ireland. Perhaps you shouldn't spend so much time hating the place. You moved after all so what's the point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It snowed here today and the government gave us the day off work. No bread though. Swings and roundabouts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

And yet it’s so great you have to come on and comment on an IRISH discussion board rather than spend time doing awesome stuff in Finland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭what the hell!

This post comes up every few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

I was in Finland last summer, it is indeed a very nice country.

Ireland is a beautiful country too, though. We have majestic scenery and at this stage I would never live anywhere else. We have a propensity to complain but overall we are a very decent bunch of people. We tend to care about one another more than people I have encountered from many other countries. I look forward to raising my children here.

Seems ironic that you complain 'there is no patriotism here' (in Ireland) too in a thread you started referring to your country of origin as 'a ****hole.' Anyway you have only just moved to Finland it seems so I suspect you will soon find it has its own problems like every country in the world. Doesn't it have a huge suicide rate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Is that where you learnt to fry steak in lard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭padohaodha

I think the IQ average in Finland recently dropped whilst Ireland's rose. Don't know why.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Bob_Marley

Ye can't be telling home truths about Ireland, feck off back to Finland where ye belong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Aw, I think someone might be a little homesick and is over compensating. Diddums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

An American, a Frenchman and a Finn go on a safari in Africa. They're walking
    through some bushes, and suddenly they come across an elephant.

The American: "I wonder how much money I could get for those tusks..."
    The Frenchman: "I wonder what kind of a love life this elephant has..."
    The Finn: "I wonder what this elephant thinks about me..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

Good man. Does us all a favour and stay there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I actually couldn't care less what derogators wish to say about the country. It's just throwing a ball up hoping for an argument - and we've had this a dozen times already.

Finland is all the better for you being there, as are we.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 DelaneyO

Dublin is a shіthole of a city too. Dingy supermacks and McDonalds and plastic shop fronts, streets named after British oppressors not changed.

Helsinki is beautiful.

No homeless crisis in Helsinki. the country is beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭padohaodha

Blah blah blah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

It's not a ****hole country because Trump has a golf course in Clare. He wouldn't have a golf course in a ****hole country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Even though the OP has probably never been to Finland no more than I have , if you have moved you can't be truly happy if one of the first things you do after moving there "recently" is start a thread complaining about how crap another country is. Strange way to enjoy a new home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

padohaodha wrote: »
    I think the IQ average in Finland recently dropped whilst Ireland's rose. Don't know why.

There HAS to be some reason .....(scratches head) :-)

• Advertisement

DelaneyO wrote: »
    Dublin is a shіthole of a city too. Dingy supermacks and McDonalds and plastic shop fronts, streets named after British oppressors not changed.

Helsinki is beautiful.

No homeless crisis in Helsinki. the country is beautiful.

Are there nice bridges to lurk under in Finland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,295 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Young men are made do one year of conscription. This makes proper men. Stops scangers and does good for the country. That'd never happen in Ireland.

Everything is crap about Ireland and I feel sorry for the pathetic fools who actually enjoy that shіthole.

And yet, the best thing you could think of to do in fantastic finland... is post on boards.IE ?

Methinks the laddie doth protest too much.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Doesn't somebody appear every now and again espousing how things are much better in Finland - sometimes they have been there, others were told by workmates or friends? It must be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Ireland has abysmally crap weather. Rain, rain, rain and more fucking rain. Spring, summer, autumn and winter. Here in Finland, summers are lovely and warm and winters have nice downpours of snow. We rarely get snow in Ireland. Such a shame.

Excellent public transport here, cheap and efficient. Other public services are great too. shіt in Ireland and the unions have you all over a barrel.

An excellent public transport that actually works and the unions don't have them over a barrel.

Third party car insurance can be bought from government office for an absolute pittence, no invalidation due to a question being answered slightly wrong or having alloys installed etc, you ring up, get the vehicle insured and anyone can drive as long as they have a license and permission of the owner.

Graduated speeding fines based on income, so doing 53 km/h doesn't get the same fine as someone doing 159 km/h.

There's no patriotism in Ireland. People write on the flag and draw ridiculous pictures and slogans. For anyone who says the flag is just a piece of cloth, is a winning lottery ticket just a piece of paper?

are u stoned and forgot u wrote that 1st sentence and typed it again, coz they are basically the same sentences worded a bit differently

• Registered Users Posts: 40 KP81

Went to Finland once. The place can be summed up in one word: DULL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

...as if Ireland ordered rain and Finland ordered snow and sunshine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Why Ireland is a shіthole country

Because you've convinced yourself it is.

But it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Well you can't even get patriotic about the weather so what kind of patriot are you?
    Go back there and have a few more shots of Reindeer P!ss and gwan to bed

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Will ye go way tiv ye, till the 16th ah march, till Joe Joyce will bust your face boy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Hoor of a place for midges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

pconn062 wrote: »
    Even though the OP has probably never been to Finland no more than I have , if you have moved you can't be truly happy if one of the first things you do after moving there "recently" is start a thread complaining about how crap another country is. Strange way to enjoy a new home.

Good post. Say never set foot in the place.

Or if did Heres the deal.

There on stag do. Gets mangled drunk over few days comes home nursing a nuclear hangover and the mother of all "horrors" lying in bed bed parapelegic gets the phone out. Coming down gripped by the fear.
    "Irelands a ****hole! "

But my bet is was never in that Finderland as the kids call it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

DelaneyO wrote:

Conscription is a disaster. Most armies don't want anything to do with conscription. Most armies want young men & women who actually want to be in the army. Men & women who might want a career in the army.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭baldbear

Finland is full of boring sho*es. You should stay there. I love this sh*hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Self inflicted negative personality seeing everything through a lens of their own ****

Moi OP, if you DO live over there now, as someone who loves finland, I warn you to deal with your baggage. Finnish people DO NOT respect anything that approaches self inflated egos at the demise of putting down others. It is seen as a weak slimey trait in a person. They have a very strong sense of community, of honesty, and of self responsibility. That is why they have accomplished such great dynamics within their society against terrible conditions.

Learn from them, rather than carrying your same problems you claim to leave behind here. You have a chance for a new life. Don't **** it up.

nonii..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I was in Florida last year. Holiday of a lifetime. Amazing place, beautiful weather. I still got excited though when the plane flew back over the port and I could see the chimneys and I knew I was home. Before it landed I could see the city on one side and the green fields on the other. It's a comforting feeling when you land and hear an Irish accent for the first time in a while. Even if it's a bus driver moaning or a howaya from a customs officer. It's home. I would love to travel more but I wouldn't live anywhere else. Safe country. Amazing people. Sense of humour unrivalled in the world. Beautiful scenery all around us. We are the luckiest race of people in the world and it would do us the world of good to remember it. Ireland is deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I was over in Finland a few years ago.
    It was a boring work junket.
    As part of the trip we were brought to a soccer match and were in box seats
    I told our guide that the seats were great and he told us it was to keep us from the Neo-Nazi groups in the terraces.
    Maybe he was hamming it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Who cares if you piss on a flag. Its so bizarre when you think about it this reverence people have for a ****ing flag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Thread is going nowhere!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement