Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People standing on both sides of the escalator in Ireland

• 28-02-2018 11:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33

I do a lot of travelling. In Denmark, Sweden, here in Finland and most other normal, civilised countries, people stand on the right and walk on the left. If you have a train to catch, you can quickly walk down or up the escalator.

The inferior power of most Irish brains can't cope with this, and it is usually women who are the offenders. Ask them to move and you'll be ignored by the woman, ask a again and she'll hit you and sh'll get away with it because she's a woman. The white knights will usually join in.

People who stand on escalators should be pushed down the entire flight. Most Irish brains (apart from mine) are feeble, weak and underdeveloped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Bye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Anything else we can't do properly in this country?

This is tiresome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 DelaneyO

Irish brains are feeble, weak and underdeveloped (apart from mine).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If we all simply walked on the left side of the footpath I predict it would save the country €1.34billion a year.

Yerra, shur what’s the hurry. If you have a train to catch, leave home a little earlier. We want none of dose forrin habits here.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

This could have been entertaining, but no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Yawn.........
    We get it, everywhere is better than Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

1/10 for effort.

It is apparent when people lane hog. Men who have superior brain power usually move when you flash, Irish women who are aggressive and thuggish and have underdeveloped brains will brake check you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

We overtake on the right in this country.Take your stinky undertaking idealisms elsewhere please.

• Advertisement

magentis wrote: »
    We overtake on the right in this country.Take your stinky undertaking idealisms elsewhere please.

I'm referring to the civilised country in which I live and the intelligent societies which I have visited. Obviously in Ireland you'd stand left and walk right, but Irish people (especially the women) can't cope with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

'Escalators' - such notions.

They're moving stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Take up knitting, that's a worthy past time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Why do our greatest gobs***** all seem to leave the country, so the rest of us have nobody to guide us on the path to perfection?

Have a great life in utopia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

DelaneyO wrote: »
    The white knights will usually join in.

Come on chaps. Let's give this cad a bunch of fives.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Shut up ya big bowser ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭buried

Its true. Last Good Friday I seen this on my local escalator. We don't know how to use these things at all at all

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

They don't know if we're coming or going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

DelaneyO wrote: »
    I do a lot of travelling. In Denmark, Sweden, here in Finland and most other normal, civilised countries, people stand on the right and walk on the left. If you have a train to catch, you can quickly walk down or up the escalator.

The inferior power of most Irish brains can't cope with this, and it is usually women who are the offenders. Ask them to move and you'll be ignored by the woman, ask a again and she'll hit you and sh'll get away with it because she's a woman. The white knights will usually join in.

People who stand on escalators should be pushed down the entire flight. Most Irish brains (apart from mine) are feeble, weak and underdeveloped.

I thought you were still living in Frankfurt :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Yawn.........
    We get it, everywhere is better than Ireland

Except England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,809 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Plus we in Ireland in 2018 with all our euros and notions cant even put on a 1936 level Olympics.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭donegal_man

It's not just an Irish problem

indianmemes-2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭furiousox

You remind me of this guy OP, keep 'em coming!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

In Asia we stand on the left to let others pass on the right. Took some time for me to retrain my brain to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I visited Paris in October. It took all of five minutes in Charles De Gaulle airport to learn that you stand on the left and overtake on the right. Excellent understanding.

Yes but you're Irish.
    It would take a Finn ages to work it out.

CPL 593H

Probably.

CPL 593H

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement