Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Some very nice sunny breaks this morning...quite rejuvenating after the past few days. Hopefully we'll get more of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

patneve2 wrote: »
    Some very nice sunny breaks this morning...quite rejuvenating after the past few days. Hopefully we'll get more of this.

Wet on Friday as another low moves in but one bonus,it has an effect on what the Jetstream does.
    From next week it's looking decent as warm air gets dragged up from the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

April Showers have arrived here giving moderate Hailstones in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

This is the kind of weather I left my North Sea Island to get away from...Mud, sodden, windy, cold...Thought to get some sun on my old bones..West Mayo offshore

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today almost feels warm in comparison to most of the days of the past 4 months!. Huge improvement over yesterday but looks like it won't last long with plenty of rain over the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Dull and wet in Castlebar for most of the day, 12.4mm of rain so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

13c currently in Dublin airport, max expected today was 11c.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

JCX BXC wrote: »
    13c currently in Dublin airport, max expected today was 11c.

Certainly feels like the warmest day of the year here so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

3pm, a mild 13 degrees at Casement compared to a cool 4 degrees at Malin head

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Feels like spring has arrived in Dublin 16. Sunny and 14.0c atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Perfect weather in Dublin today. Partly cloudy most of the time but a short, heavy shower in the city centre a few mins ago. Light wind adds a bit of a cooling effect but it still feels pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Pretty meh at Grange, the sun has been hazy with a lot of cloud but I’ve seen some pictures of Dublin’s sun today and what a difference to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Weather has been ok in Cork City. Sunny with some cloudy intervals, about 13 degrees, but you'd need a jacket as the breeze is cold. Had one heavy shower at about 10am which lasted for about half an hour. Been dry for the rest of the day though. It is currently becoming cloudy though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭LoMismo

Supposed to bucket down during the night and during morning commute, revenge for today being half decent

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Pretty meh at Grange, the sun has been hazy with a lot of cloud but I’ve seen some pictures of Dublin’s sun today and what a difference to here.

And as soon as I say that, the cloud begins to break.

sryanbruen wrote: »

You were very unlucky then as you said. Today I've been in Artane, the City Centre and Donnybrook and further south seemed better. It was much cloudier in Artane (around 80% cloud cover but the sun managed to come out for extended periods of time) while it was mostly clear in Donnybrook (around 30% cloud cover). Artane felt warmer due to the lack of wind but further south felt cooler because of the light wind. The variety of weather between small distances is interesting! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Still raining in Castlebar, on track to get over 20mm, only got up to 6C today as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Some evening here in Limerick, 11c at 6pm

Going out the door to work this morning's expecting the car to be frozen but it was a balmy 8c at 7am.

Some evening here in Limerick, 11c at 6pm

Going out the door to work this morning's expecting the car to be frozen but it was a balmy 8c at 7am.

Can I ask why you expected the car to be frozen?

Probably because it was cold yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Twas fairly chilly when I going to bed and well the car needs de-icing more often that not latley, so I was pleasantly surprised to feel a bit of warmth at the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Xenji wrote: »
    Still raining in Castlebar, on track to get over 20mm, only got up to 6C today as well.

Glad to read we weren't the only ones suffering this scuttery weather today...very similar to yours here today - horrible thundery dounpours alternating with cold drizzle.

To read the posts here about such a nice day from people in the East and South today, you'd swear we were in a different country :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Neddyusa wrote: »
    Glad to read we weren't the only ones suffering this scuttery weather today...very similar to yours here today - horrible thundery dounpours alternating with cold drizzle.

To read the posts here about such a nice day from people in the East and South today, you'd swear we were in a different country :(

It’s all relative really. It was a better day than most we’ve had in the last 6 months milder and drier but I wouldn’t be calling it gorgeous or anything. Still had a few showers and you’d need a jacket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

We're not all living near loop head you know.
    Sometimes it freezes inland until late April....

And back to the miserable stuff again in Dublin after a nice day yesterday. Light rain at the moment. At least tomorrow looks good here. Saturday and Sunday look good for spring lovers with temperatures possibly reaching 15°C in some parts with sunny skies. Unfortunately for those in the West and south, Met Éireann suggest that heavy, slow moving showers will affect those parts during the evenings with a risk of thunder/spot flooding.

We're not all living near loop head you know.
    Sometimes it freezes inland until late April....

Calm the axe you have to grind. No need for anger at every post I have.

My point was it was not in the forecast, it was also cloudy, which are not conditions you normally expect frost in.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

After a great day yesterday....sleet now falling in Dublin 16! 3.9c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wild, fierce gale here with a windchill to freeze the face off.

Sun has just emerged, which will help a little ...

West Mayo offshore.

Cold, wet and a notable wind-chill in Dublin Airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,275 ✭✭✭✭zell12

30-50mm of rain due in the South in a day!
    Get the Ark out

fNhhWC7.jpg

Advertisement