Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

MJohnston wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure wishing or hoping has no effect on meteorological outcomes.

Mods disabled that function a number of years ago! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭OldRio

MJohnston wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure wishing or hoping has no effect on meteorological outcomes.

Just bringing some of our snow lovers a dose of reality. But thanks for your so invaluable input.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

There is still lots of snow on Kippure, some of it would be still there since the end of February, imagine snow that fell in February is still there in April!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

There is still lots of snow on Kippure, some of it would be still there since the end of February, imagine snow that fell in February is still there in April!

Snow atop the highest mountains here today.West Mayo coastal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Cracking start to the day in Dublin but it got progressively cloudier as the day went on. Overcast but dry at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Lashing now here in Cork City. Turned miserable and cold, sadly/

It's not just us that aren't finished with winter yet. My friend in Toronto reported accumulating snow last night (it's gone now i think) and my friend in Chicago said it snowed briefly a few minutes ago.

Meanwhile, still dry in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Fierce windy here, still holding dry after a cracking day, got a good 10k walk in and the grass cut this evening, happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I’m sure it’s a cracking /glorious day somewhere in the country but it’s bucketing down rain here in the south midlands. Yesterday was a cold breezy day sun early when temps were between-2 and +2 but the most of the day was cloudy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

STATUS YELLOW

Wind Warning for Galway, Mayo, Clare and Kerry
    From late morning through this afternoon, southerly winds will reach mean speeds of 50 to 60 km/hr at times with gusts of 80 to 95 km/hr, strongest in coastal areas.

Issued:Friday 06 April 2018 06:00
    Valid:Friday 06 April 2018 10:00 to Friday 06 April 2018 18:00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wild wet and windy yesterday.. a quieter night then... wilder wetter and windier today... West Mayo offshore

Wet and pretty chilly in Dublin. Looks like it's clearing soon though. Too late now though, the rain has disrupted my plans. Despite the poor weather over the past 2 weeks, surprisingly today was the only day where it managed to disrupt my plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Lovely outlook for mid-April from the CFSv2 with a long fetched southeasterly bringing in warm air and high pressure to the east blocking off the Atlantic. Many parts would see some nice Spring sunshine. However, those close to the low in the Atlantic in the west would be often cloudy and humid.

n9fSLwz.gif

GFS ensembles show us going into a more settled pattern though some more rain around Monday and temperatures are generally warmer than average throughout the outlook.

There lies some darker times towards the end of the month though currently. Once I see consistency on these darker times, I will discuss it but for now, it's just a possible solution than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,592 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Funny how near the same time last year, we were saying will it ever rain again? :P

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103407943

Those were the days. Good times. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Funny how near the same time last year, we were saying will it ever rain again? :P

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103407943

Mother Nature gave her usual response............

The rain cleared faster than I expected so I managed to carry out my plans. It's been nice since it cleared, prolonged sunny spells broken by cloudier spells or the odd spotty shower. Better than yesterday, which went downhill pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Mmmmmm, that's the second major eruption of this volcano this year, interesting. :)

https://twitter.com/TheWatchers_/status/982230714178351106

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Very foggy start to the day in Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Going to some thundery downpours later, much more typical April showers weather now.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks like another dose of wet coming up along the east coast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Looks like another dose of wet coming up along the east coast!

Which I don't recall being forecast by Met Eireann although it does seem to be losing intensity in the past hour

Good start to the day in Dublin. Overcast but some sunshine breaking through. I'm not going to complain because it is far better than the weather we've had recently.

double post sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

North Kildare, quite pleasant too with very light winds. Still overcast but quite bright with the sun visible through the cloud. I reckon it'll clear off in the next couple of hours. Expecting a heavy shower or two by mid afternoon so using the current calm weather to perform weed killer applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Some sunshine in West Clare and one of the warmest 13c I've ever felt.

Probably because it's been so cold the past few months.

Wet and foggy in Dublin now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Pretty nice in Cork City. Some very dark clouds around, but sunny and warm which is a very nice feeling. Even the breeze is warm! 14.5 degrees. One of the warmest feeling yet.

The rain and fog have left overcast skies in their wake. 11C at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Up to 14.2c now (warmest of 2018 so far) and sunny in West Clare. Some very heavy showers around with dark skies in the near distance, however it's remained totally dry all morning and afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Up to 14.2c now (warmest of 2018 so far) and sunny in West Clare. Some very heavy showers around with dark skies in the near distance, however it's remained totally dry all morning and afternoon.
    Showers missing us here too and they look heavy on the radar

Advertisement