Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

was dry and feeling warm up to an hour ago, now very heavy rain shower and a few cracks of thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Lovely and sunny now at Grange after what has been a quiet, murky day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Beautiful in South Wexford and mild

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Foggy and cloudy now in West Cork, just across from the coast. was sunny in the city not sure what it is like there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Heavy showers here all afternoon but I’ll take it as at least it’s not bloody freezing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Got up to a very welcome 14.4c here near Tralee today, looks around the same tomorrow.

nmm_uk1-41-26-4_azs4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Nice bright and dry day in Castlebar, got up to 12C, surprised it did not pour rain as there were quite a lot of very dark clouds around at times, still have the windows open, first time this year at this hour I have been able to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I had a heavy shower at around 6:30 but other than that it's been fine since the fog and rain lifted.

ME giving cold weather again midweek with northeast wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Awful morning in tipp with heavy rain all morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

That's a bizarre looking band of rain on the radar!

Fairly narrow band heading due North from Cork into Tipp.

Is it a streamer?

Looks like it's heading our way in Roscommon - hope to God it dies out soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Neddyusa wrote: »

Is it a streamer?

We are sick of it here so hope it goes someplace besides here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

We are sick of it here so hope it goes someplace besides here!

We sure as hell don't need it here either!

Any way we could divert it to Dublin??...sure they're always having water shortages :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Neddyusa wrote: »

Is it a streamer?

I'm on the coast In Cork underneath it. I woke up to heavy rain at half 6 and presumed it was a shower heading east. It hasn't stopped since! I was equally surprised to see on the radar that it was heading due north.

The only people I hear talking about good weather and gorgeous days are here the rest of the country is sick **** of this winter. We’ve had no good day here this year really.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The only people I hear talking about good weather and gorgeous days are here the rest of the country is sick **** of this winter. We’ve had no good day here this year really.

Your location = rest of country location.

Right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

No don't send it here! Send the rain to the sea where it disturbs no one! On another note, good start to the day in Dublin, some sunshine but a lot of clouds around. In Dublin we've had a few good days, February had a number of them (I'm talking about sunshine here). The last Sunday before the cold spell was brilliant. I think those in the South were plagued with clouds.

There are signs of nicer weather to come next week with more sunshine and warmer temperatures but since the wind would be an easterly, the temperature on the east coast would be pegged down a bit. Those on the east coast of England will really be suffering, with temperatures struggling there because of the cold SSTs and there would be plenty of cloud and mist. Yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

We have had some lovely days. Today has been warm and sunny and dry... West Mayo offshore and many like today.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

That is the strangest rain pattern I’ve ever seen
    Still holding dry here just about

One one or two things to do so hope it stays that way

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

km79 wrote: »
    That is the strangest rain pattern I’ve ever seen
    Still holding dry here just about

One one or two things to do so hope it stays that way

Well the rain has just arrived here.. West Mayo coast. No idea what direction now but this is heavy rain..

• Advertisement

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Your location = rest of country location.

Right.

No that’s not what I’m saying at all but I guess you know that already.

Graces7 wrote: »
    We have had some lovely days. Today has been warm and sunny and dry... West Mayo offshore and many like today.

I’d consider warm for early Spring to be 14 degrees or warmer. We’ve had no day here like that and any sunshine has been sporadic and not perlonged. It seems like we’ve had rain most days. I work widely in Munster and this is the experience of everyone I talk to. Farmers are at their wits end. I’m sitting in Kilkenny now and it’s raining.

Started raining in east Galway
    Was nice and warm before that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Clouded over a bit since this morning but still nice and sunny here in north meath, feels warm to

km79 wrote: »
    Started raining in east Galway
    Was nice and warm before that

Stopped again
    We appear to have some kind of rain shield of late !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Heavy hail shower in north Kildare

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

downpour shower here, lots of surface water.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Sunny skies here in South Wexford. Really can’t beat the weather down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Sunny blue skies and warm on the West Cork coast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

No that’s not what I’m saying at all but I guess you know that already.

You said this "The only people I hear talking about good weather and gorgeous days are here the rest of the country is sick **** of this winter. "

Maybe your location has gotten a bad dose of weather relative to other areas, or maybe we just have a better outlook and enjoy the little patches of good weather we do get.

Whatever it is, there's some contrast there.

On another note, a mild day here in West Clare, not much in the way of sunshine, and there was 2 quite heavy showers. Overall not a terrible day though, easy to get out and about.

Advertisement