Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

JCX BXC wrote: »
    I'll always go the extra mile to enjoy such weather, not like we get it much!

Sadly however, looks like I won't be seeing any of it here in West Clare.

Did ye get much rain today ? Looked very heavy
    Died out as it hit us thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

km79 wrote: »
    Did ye get much rain today ? Looked very heavy
    Died out as it hit us thankfully

Not really, 1mm but probably slightly more in reality as the rainfall gauge underrecords in windy conditions. To be honest, we are in some what of a rain shadow in southwesterly winds so my totals in West Clare would probably be different to other areas of Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

STATUS YELLOW

Wind Warning for Ireland
    South to southeast winds will reach mean speeds between 50 and 65km/h with gusts between 80 and 110km/h. Winds strongest along Atlantic coastal counties at first but the strong winds will extend countrywide through the course of the Monday afternoon and evening.

Issued:Sunday 15 April 2018 14:00
    Valid:Monday 16 April 2018 09:00 to Tuesday 17 April 2018 06:00

STATUS YELLOW

Rainfall Warning for Galway, Mayo, Sligo, Clare, Cork, Kerry, Tipperary and Waterford
    Rainfall accumulations of 25 to 50mm expected over the period, with the potential for higher amounts on hills and mountains. Localised spot flooding possible.

Issued:Sunday 15 April 2018 13:00
    Valid:Monday 16 April 2018 09:00 to Tuesday 17 April 2018 09:00

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057862567

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Disgusting [Mod Snip ]day in West Cork today about 2 mins of sun. Went for a walk in the evening wrapped up and rain gear on it was like the middle of winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Disgusting [Mod Snip ]day in West Cork today about 2 mins of sun. Went for a walk in the evening wrapped up and rain gear on it was like the middle of winter.

It was like November but a longer day!!!

• Advertisement

It was like November but a longer day!!!

November would probably have been milder. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

sryanbruen wrote: »
    No doubt there'd be saps in their bikinis burning like a heatwave though.

I do like the Jam's version of that oldie , now back on topic haha

sryanbruen wrote: »
    November would probably have been milder. :rolleyes:

Really? Today was alot of terrible things, but the entire past week has been colder or on par.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Gorgeous morning in Dublin. I value mornings like this which is part of the reason why I enjoyed Autumn 2017. Watch the nice start going pear shaped in some way...

Met Éireann suggest the highest temperature this week would be 18C (Thurs). There's some weird typos in their outlook.. 'ednesday' 'hursday' etc.

• Advertisement

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Met Éireann suggest the highest temperature this week would be 18C (Thurs). There's some weird typos in their outlook.. 'ednesday' 'hursday' etc.

Not 27??ðŸ˜႒

Not 27??ðŸ˜႒

The media definitely know better than MÉ so yes 27C ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Artane2002 wrote:
    Gorgeous morning in Dublin. I value mornings like this which is part of the reason why I enjoyed Autumn 2017. Watch the nice start going pear shaped in some way...

It really is a beautiful morning in Dublin, one we don't see to much of here in Ireland. Not sure how long it's gonna stay though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭OldRio

Some strange phenomenon in the sky. It's like a large ball and shines. The sky is blue in colour also. Strange days indeed.
    Also heard the first cuckoo of the season. Tis spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭OldRio

Panic over. Normal service resumed. Grey sky. Cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Overcast here in Castlebar with thicker cloud now rolling in from the west. dry at the moment but persistent rain to to far away. 999hpa, falling rapidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

windy here in Cork City ATM and getting windier with some very dark clouds rolling in.

I'm just waking up now..... overcast at Grange.

https://twitter.com/MetEireann/status/985758286401232896

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Plenty of heavy thundery showers in behind the main rainband

I2018 the gift that keeps giving. There are no words for today.

• Advertisement

Now that's a proper bad day, no disagreeing on that! Yano what, it's so bad, it makes a nice cup of tea and a small bit of relaxation all the more special.

I just don't want it tomorrow :)

Not the worst here in Dublin I guess. After the nice start, it clouded over quickly. It's windy now with some sprinkles of rain at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Still holding dry here but by the looks of the rainfall radar, not for much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Awful evening of wind and rain,its like a winter storm out there,sick to the teeth of rain now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Are gales unusual in April? I can't ever remember hearing such high winds howling before in April as its always a quiet and benign month as the Atlantic slows down?

Are gales unusual in April? I can't ever remember hearing such high winds howling before in April as its always a quiet and benign month as the Atlantic slows down?

Times I recall strong winds in April like tonight include 18th April 2013 and 5th April 2010 as of recently. I would say they're unusual but not totally uncommon.

Eh not particularly, being an island on the edge of Europe on the Atlantic, they're not uncommon at any time of year! June, July or January, this type of weather can say hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Eh not particularly, being an island on the edge of Europe on the Atlantic, they're not uncommon at any time of year! June, July or January, this type of weather can say hello.
    This seems an unusual chart for April in my opinion. It reminds me of the sort of chart we'd see around the Autumn equinox with a big ex-tropical storm in mid Atlantic.
    But you're right, I guess April gales are more common than I think.

fax0s.gif?1

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EMPotatohands

I hate to be that person and without having a conniption at me, I’m throwing my soon to be 2 years old party on Saturday in Dublin. My ****ty iPhone weather app is telling me sun and 18 degrees, hows it really looking?

• Advertisement

Looks good, rain Saturday night but I doubt your 2 year old will be out raving after dark :) see MT's forecasts here and Met Eireann's forecasts.

Advertisement