Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very wild night outside tonight, the wind is howling here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

https://twitter.com/BandonFEWS/status/986122818248114181

there was a red warning earlier on. I hope the town is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Feeling mild outside with decent sunny breaks and a strong enough SSW wind. Surprised by the lack of posts on what could be a very decent 5/6 days of weather esp. on the E coast. Vegetative growth should literally explode over the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

patneve2 wrote: »
    Feeling mild outside with decent sunny breaks and a strong enough SSW wind. Surprised by the lack of posts on what could be a very decent 5/6 days of weather esp. on the E coast. Vegetative growth should literally explode over the next few days.

It's mad you say that, my lawn has turned in to a Daisy field literally overnight

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

can really notice the jump in temperatures today, despite the still strong wind and some short lived sunny spells, it's feeling very warm in comparison to most days over the past 6 months! First day of the year I haven't worn my winter jacket on top of everything else.

Here's hoping it will be warm enough for a T-Shirt day at some stage over the next few days. If all goes well the BBQ will make it's first appearance of 2018 over next few days as well.

• Advertisement

Gonzo wrote: »
    can really notice the jump in temperatures today, despite the still strong wind and some short lived sunny spells, it's feeling very warm in comparison to most days over the past 6 months! First day of the year I haven't worn my winter jacket on top of everything else.

Here's hoping it will be warm enough for a T-Shirt day at some stage over the next few days. If all goes well the BBQ will make it's first appearance of 2018 over next few days as well.

Getting a bit too excited there id say? Going by forecasts it's still going to be fairly windy with heavy showers at times, think the BBQ could be short lived

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Getting a bit too excited there id say? Going by forecasts it's still going to be fairly windy with heavy showers at times, think the BBQ could be short lived

We had a BBq last Saturday in East Galway and I'll be doing steaks tomorrow evening

BBQ in shelter, will cook the food and then bring it inside to eat.

I cook on the bbq a lot during the late spring to early Autumn. The BBQ was taken indoors and stored away the day before storm Ophelia. I might take the BBQ back outside tomorrow. This time last year I already had the BBQ outside for several weeks by this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Windy as hell but nice and mild and good sunny spells. I see MÉ are saying 20c is possible in the West on Saturday...yay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Windy as hell but nice and mild and good sunny spells. I see MÉ are saying 20c is possible in the West on Saturday...yay :)

Yet MT says around 15c.

• Advertisement

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Yet MT says around 15c.

I'd expect them to align pretty soon. I'd take ME's prediction here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I love days like today. I'm a big fan of windy and sunny weather as a combination (it's been mostly cloudy but some nice sunny breaks)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Temps not bad but unfortunately looks like Atlantic coastal counties catching rain tomorrow early with a band of rain and later in the day with another band of rain. Windy too with a yellow warning possible. Looks like a mild muggy night tomorrow under cloud cover.

nmm_uk1-41-33-4_nns1.png

tempresult_xfb9.gif

tempresult_wwh0.gif

tempresult_abl3.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

A closer look at forecast temps from the ECM.

HtVbuEr.png

5mRHfGD.png

iG4eBpl.png

P7Yvc2c.png

2N200RB.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

2N200RB.png

Slightly off-topic but I love how they have labelled Avoca "Ballykissangle" (spelt incorrectly) after the 90s TV show :D:confused:

Got three loads dry on the line in three hours. Happy out !

Mostly towels and shorts for the heatwave weekend 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I don't think it's quite a red alert for Portmarnock, Howth, Dollymount and Bray just yet. No need for residents to take measures to protect property and life. :D

The UK met seems to have Ireland literally split down the middle for tomorrow, lovely clear sky's and high temps east and heavy rain and cloud west.

The UK met seems to have Ireland literally split down the middle for tomorrow, lovely clear sky's and high temps east and heavy rain and cloud west.

:)

JCX BXC wrote: »
    :)

:-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Using estimates from the GFS 06z, this poster on Netweather has calculated what the CET will be around during this upcoming warm spell and by the 26th, it should have went up to around 10.6c compared to it being 8.6c now. That's how impressive this warm spell will be in England.

4rYAGDM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Looks meh for us down south. 14-15 degrees with maybe 16 degrees on the cards, cloudy with some occassional showers, windy at times and overcast. Blue sky + Warmth arrive please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Achill Island was a bleak place this afternoon with big waves off shore 30831466_2068973856453060_534179789_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d9b0cfc41a13b118cbc79b9cd7dc751f&oe=5AD8CDE8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Another day another grey slate dull damp day. Mild 12 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Another day another grey slate dull damp day. Mild 12 degrees.

Gorgeous morning here in Dublin . Sun splittijg the rocks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cloody wet drizzly morning here in Cork City so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Nice morning but lots of cloud around in Dublin. Some very dark clouds to my south.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jdcv94

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Nice morning but lots of cloud around in Dublin. Some very dark clouds to my south.

Left Wexford this morning to cool, foggy drizzle. Can tell the difference straight away in Dublin, almost took my hoodie off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

drizzle and a cool breeze in Kilkenny :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Cold windy and wet,is this the new definition of a heat wave in ireland!!

Advertisement