Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

February 25 was better for me than today had cloudy intervals. The south coast looked miserable that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Car is showing 17 degrees still in Cork City with blue skies. Lovely evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Ah ya sorry lads, you'd forget that not everyone has the same weather as each other. Sun still shining here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

North Sea sea surface temperatures have gone above average after yesterday's unseasonable warmth. I repeat, they have gone above average! About time. The Irish Sea has close to average temperatures whilst the Atlantic Ocean out to the west is still cool. They should continue to warm up through today and tomorrow before flat lining Sunday onwards.

UY3hhAm.gif

Glorious morning again, unbroken sunshine since dawn. The Friday feeling x 10 today

• Advertisement

Stunning day again in cork. Clouds around but the wind that's blowing is warm, when your in the sun it's hot and it's about 17/18 degrees at the moment. Long may it last!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Fab day in the Deise - FINALLY. Sickening amount of low cloud and wind until yesterday afternoon. First time I've worked up a sweat in work all year! Now working on my tan ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Beautiful day in Dublin especially the morning.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another great day here in south Meath. Temps here have peaked at 16C so not as warm as the past 2 days but still a very nice day.

Evenings like this I wish I wasn't a filthy alcoholic who can't be trusted to enjoy a beer or two on the freshly cut lawn

• Advertisement

Scorcher of a evening in Cork City. Lots of blue sky , little cloud at 18.3 degrees right now. Grass has grown like mad all of a sudden and nearly every tree has a but of green now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

A cloudier, cooler day today but the temperature still peaked at 18.9C this afternoon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Great day in Kerry. Got up to 14.5C in a steady SW breeze felt very pleasant but a tad cooler out in open countryside. Clear blue skies and breeze more NW and very light now. That looks like sea fog off the SW of England in the Sat Pic.

OieALtj.jpg?1

txint_uk_zgh9.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Max of 16.6c in Waterford City with full sunshine after the fog lifted at 8.30am

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Max of 18.6c here in Kildare today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Lovely day here to temperatures around 16 degrees lovely April day.

Lovely day here to temperatures around 16 degrees lovely April day.

You it's been a good day when we see a positive post from clommel 😉

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Scorcher of a evening in Cork City. Lots of blue sky , little cloud at 18.3 degrees right now. Grass has grown like mad all of a sudden and nearly every tree has a but of green now!

Making up for lost time but it`s likely to slowdown after Sunday when the weather turns cool again.

:rolleyes:
    More snow may be coming back to Ireland next week
    There is risk of snow and sub-zero temperatures

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/irish-news/snow-could-hit-ireland-weather-12399673

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

So refreshing to step outside to warm sunshine these past couple of days, trees and plants have burst into life and theres suddenly plenty of flies and insects about. Great to see some life and colour again after such a long slog of grey and brown

Been stuck inside working all week so hopefully we'll squeeze another day out of it tomorrow before the rain arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

sryanbruen wrote: »

The Punchestown week and the general May Bank Holiday period are usually cold,wet or generally miserable in my experience:(

You it's been a good day when we see a positive post from clommel 😉

Says a lot more about our climate then me! By the way I’ve seen yesterday referred to as scorching. Again it’s all relative I suppose but I didn’t think it was scorching. A lovely sunny day and quite warm but scorching? It was scorching in London 29 degrees it was very pleasant in Ireland 18 degrees.

Says a lot more about our climate then me! By the way I’ve seen yesterday referred to as scorching. Again it’s all relative I suppose but I didn’t think it was scorching. A lovely sunny day and quite warm but scorching? It was scorching in London 29 degrees it was very pleasant in Ireland 18 degrees.

Jeez sorry, it was just a bit of fun. I'm well aware 18c isn't scorching I use that term very loosely. I often might say it's freezing out when it could be 2 or 3c

Jeez sorry, it was just a bit of fun. I'm well aware 18c isn't scorching I use that term very loosely. I often might say it's freezing out when it could be 2 or 3c

I know you did no offense meant to you at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

What a morning !!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

amazing morning here, almost 16C here already and gin blue skies, the warmest morning so far of this brief warm spell. Today could be the last of it till at least May, so make the most of it!

I think scorching is valid when we go from negative degrees and snow to nearly 20 degrees with sun in less then a month haha! :pac::D

Lovely day again here on the West Cork coast , nearly 15 degrees already and totally blue skies

• Advertisement

Guys, I know ye really frown upon forecasts being criticised, but they have been spectacularly wrong the last few days, including MTs. What's the reason for this, why isn't the cloud and rain arriving?

Advertisement