Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Guys, I know ye really frown upon forecasts being criticised, but they have been spectacularly wrong the last few days, including MTs. What's the reason for this, why isn't the cloud and rain arriving?

Please see my forecast for today, I explain the situation of what's going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Best day since May 2017 here. That's all I need to say how fantastic it is. Ideal temperature too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

best day here since the end of the decent days last June. 18C with a real feel of 21C and unbroken blue skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Absolutely amazing day here in ballymun My postage stamp lawns have been freshly mown (had to get a new mower though) and the rest of the day is my own so going to make the most of it ! I can also see a beer garden in my not too distant future ! Enjoy it while its here everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

After a nice bright start to the morning it has turned very overcast in Castlebar, we have had a max of 13.1C today, patches of drizzle starting as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

almost 20C here now, unreal day, BBQ and garden beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Sitting outside sunbathing after a nice day of tidying up. Nearly 18 degrees here in the coast and blue skies! Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

22c right now in my garden. BBQ last night and another one today. Slight breeze arrived in the last half hour

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wild wet and windy over here on the West Mayo coast/island, A nasty day while so many of you are in summery weather.... Just very stormy...

Sun has just disappeared behind the clouds here in West Cork , depressing! Can still see blue sky but no more sun. Was a lovely day and even got a tan :D

• Advertisement

Sun still shining here as it has been every minute since dawn Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Sun still shining here as it has been every minute since dawn Thursday.

:eek:

I might believe you if it was the middle of June and "here" was the Arctic Circle :p

jprboy wrote: »
    :eek:

I might believe you if it was the middle of June and "here" was the Arctic Circle :p

Why would I lie? Go over my posts here on this thread since very early Thursday morning. Blue sky and not a cloud to be seen. Limerick/north cork area just west of the galtees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Why would I lie? Go over my posts here on this thread since very early Thursday morning. Blue sky and not a cloud to be seen. Limerick/north cork area just west of the galtees.

Ah, no, I wasn't suggesting that whatsoever, it was a joke........

*** Sound effect alert ***

Whooosh !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I think the point was....the sun doesn't shine at night!

Ahhhh.... Think all that sunshine has burnt a few brain sells

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Ahhhh.... Think all that sunshine has burnt a few brain sells

Cells?

:D

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Cells?

:D

Ah stop. Off to bed now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

I feel sorry for those in the far west who are missing out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Artane2002 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for those in the far west who are missing out!

They've got the best cliffs, it's a fair trade. They're well used to it by now anyway.

Anyone post the charts for the weeks ahead in the chat thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Was a cracker of day in Tuam. I was out from 10am until 4.30pm and now I'm as red as a lobster. Think the makeup will get slapped on tomorrow. :o

Rain has started now here in Cork. Such a shame! Great few days, everybody seemed delighted so hopefully it comes again. Amazing what the weather does with people!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Rougies wrote: »
    They've got the best cliffs, it's a fair trade. They're well used to it by now anyway.

Actually that is no consolation .. seeing the west (mayo) again veiled and shrouded on the maps is not good

Deluging and galing all the night long

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I just had to.

Mu8C17r.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Glad to see the back of the warm weather myself, brings out the [Mod Snip]

https://twitter.com/DJDeece/status/987487983384322048?s=19

MJohnston wrote: »
    Glad to see the back of the warm weather myself, brings out the [Mod Snip]

https://twitter.com/DJDeece/status/987487983384322048?s=19

Would prefer to see the back of those [Mod Snip] than the weather

Drinking in public is illegal, that's alot of people drinking, where were there Gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Would prefer to see the back of those [Mod Snip]than the weather

Drinking in public is illegal, that's alot of people drinking, where were there Gardai?

Drinking in public has never been illegal here.

I believe local-authorities can pass bye-laws prohibiting drinking in specific places, but I guess that's tricky with something like a canal that passes through multiple parishes.

• Advertisement

Wet morning but improving now in Dublin.

Advertisement