Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Is there another band of rain coming in Friday for munster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Raining all morning here in Offaly,which is needed for growth IF we could get warm sunshine when the rain clears,but no immediate sign of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Villain wrote: »
    Weather models all under played this rainfall.

100 Per cent, there was no mention of this rain for the West yesterday yet its been raining since 7.30 this morning and still raining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Storm 10 wrote: »
    100 Per cent, there was no mention of this rain for the West yesterday yet its been raining since 7.30 this morning and still raining

The UK met showed heavey rain all day for the whole island south of Galway .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Simply miserable Meath. R a i n.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Rain stopped now for Cork , was heavy all day so far! Another band is meant to move up in a few though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Villain wrote: »
    Weather models all under played this rainfall.

I wasn’t expecting it to be this bad jeez.

The first I seen on a ripple along the front to bring some rain was only yesterday evening.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

horrible day here, poured rain for hours, lots of surface water around, heating on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

We get 2/3 good days and then punished with endless ****ty ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Terrible day in Dublin with a lot of rain. I didn't expect this much. Not going to complain about it though... I'm saving the complaints for the summer.

• Advertisement

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Terrible day in Dublin with a lot of rain. I didn't expect this much. Not going to complain about it though... I'm saving the complaints for the summer.

I can't wait for summer complaining time. Best time of the year.

I can't wait for summer complaining time. Best time of the year.

Mine is writing off Winter in November. :rolleyes:

sryanbruen wrote: »

That too. Oh the joys of being Irish. Weather complaining :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rain only stopped here in the past hour, an incredibly wet day, really wasn't expecting this.

Nah predicting white Xmas in November is mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

Little off topic but a couple of times i commented on various threads that Joanna Donnelly presented a few forecasts where she was struggling for words.

She had a clip on Claire Byrne Live last night and suffers from chronic insomnia and how it effects her mental health. It would explain how she's often very bubbly and sometimes seems jaded. Not a nice thing to live with. Fair play to her for doing so well to keep working in the eye of the public. Again it just goes to show we haven't a clue what people may be going through.

Did I mention that today was rubbish? I have been sick for the past month with a flu at first around the beginning of my Easter holidays then I got a very bad cough from Bronchitis and a Chest Infection. This weekend, I was almost better. However, now I'm worse again. :(

My friends have developed colds too. It's probably the weather.....

Did I mention that today was rubbish? I have been sick for the past month with a flu at first around the beginning of my Easter holidays then I got a very bad cough from Bronchitis and a Chest Infection. This weekend, I was almost better. However, now I'm worse again. :(

My friends have developed colds too. It's probably the weather.....

Ah I had that exact thing in November and Again in feb, each time just after a bank holiday. Shocking thing, takes forever to go away and feel like crap after it for quite a while. Missed three weeks of school over it! I also blamed the weather :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Very heavy showers near birdhill all morning,very dark and lots of surface water on roads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

It's becoming reasonable for me to assume that we will never have nice weather again in Ireland. Bar a freakish few days last week, it genuinely feels like we will pass through this summer without good weather. I'm going insane.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

It's becoming reasonable for me to assume that we will never have nice weather again in Ireland. Bar a freakish few days last week, it genuinely feels like we will pass through this summer without good weather. I'm going insane.

It's April, relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

As above....it's not even summer!

JCX BXC wrote: »
    As above....it's not even summer!

It feels like winter though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭OldRio

About an hour ago a very heavy hail shower had me scrambling for cover. Makes a change from the rain.

It feels like winter though.

Wasn't commenting on current weather.

Tis a bit windy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

DellyBelly wrote: »

I don't know why but I really dislike that word, 'soar'. Starting to get overused by Mainstream media i think

Is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭OldRio

Oh deary deary me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lovelyhurler

Imagine that, temperatures rising in May and June.
    Who'd have thunk it???????

What his speciality - stating the bleedin' obvious.

Advertisement