Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Yep,raining again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Light rain feeling miserable

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Jesus missed the rain completely here in West Clare!

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Jesus missed the rain completely here in West Clare!

Turned into a beautiful sunny windless morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

There's been 0.2mm recorded here today. It's completely overcast and the temperature's 8.0C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Feeling very chilly at Grange with light rain and overcast skies. Not a nice start to Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Periscal

Very wet start to Friday on the east coast,hopefully it will dry out later and we get at least few rests between the various fronts enough to enjoy a bit of spring warmth,but it looks quite poor overall, hard to find many positives apart from Donegal postman's prediction :) and ECMWF FI charts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Lovely bright morning in Castlebar, first day this week we have avoided rain, well so far anyway, highest temperature this week was just 12.1C here on Monday, getting as low as 1.2C last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Drove from home to Portlaoise this morning rained the whole way temp 7 degrees. Other than its brighter in the morning and the blossom is on the trees its no different to November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

Drove from home to Portlaoise this morning rained the whole way temp 7 degrees. Other than its brighter in the morning and the blossom is on the trees its no different to November.

I think Clonmel the only difference is it's colder than November! You'd generally be around 11C. Yesterday at home it didn't rise above 7C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Zico !

Its raining in Cork City since last July -the odd day it didnt ,probably in single figures

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Miserable in Kildare with continuous stream of moderate rainfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lovely in east Galway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Zico ! wrote: »
    Its raining in Cork City since last July -the odd day it didnt ,probably in single figures

The temperature in Cork city every day since last July has been in single figures?? Err...... I think not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

The temperature in Cork city every day since last July has been in single figures?? Err...... I think not.

Obviously the poster is on about the rain

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

3.8mm as that low system tracked further north overnight and slow to move on, GFS had tracked it further north but moved inline with ECM which was a fair bit off in the end. Nothing like surprise rain hey!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

mean gene wrote: »
    Obviously the poster is on about the rain

OK I misread the post, but I still would say that it`s an exaggeration to state that the amount of rain free days in Cork since July have been in the single figures. As poor as the weather has been there have surely been more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

pad199207 wrote: »
    Miserable in Kildare with continuous stream of moderate rainfall.

Dry throughout in North Kildare....amazing the difference over a short enough distance

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Lovely in east Galway
    Going to have to cut the lawn now !

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A wet morning in Dublin 16 with 13.0mm.

Must have been quite localised as I was elsewhere in Dublin and it not seem that wet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

The sun is out now. There was 1.0mm of rain earlier. It's now 10.6C.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

finally dry enough today and got the lawn cut!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Poor start to the day in Dublin and chilly. It's nice now though.

Bit more overcast in West Clare now than earlier, but not a drop of rain all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Not great in Cork City. Had a few showers and one very heavy shower around 4pm. Hoping next weekend is nice, Got the ed sheeran concert to go to :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Villain wrote: »
    3.8mm as that low system tracked further north overnight and slow to move on, GFS had tracked it further north but moved inline with ECM which was a fair bit off in the end. Nothing like surprise rain hey!

I am coming to the conclusion that the ECM has become an overrated model, while the GFS is increasingly underrated. I've lost count how many times this year alone that rain fell here that was not forecast by the ECM.

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

I remember air frost the first few nights of May 1996. At a Cumann na MBunscoil hurling match today. Heavy rain 7C at 12pm. I had a nephew 7 playing and i felt sorry for him between the weather and the fact that it's a small national school and he had to play to fill in the numbers and got flattened a few times :D He said 'a Jesus ref that's a free i got ran over' and his teacher shouted at him for calling the Lord's name in vain!! Bad day all round:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

'Twas a lovely evening in Dublin. Photo courtesy of Vxlks.

0UBOsB5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭OldRio

Ground frost at 6 this morning. Sun shining at the moment.

I have yet to check my seedlings in the poly tunnel. All undercover but.......... ...?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

Looking at MT’s forecast, the weather looks like it could be ok for next weekend. Thinking about going camping in Achill for the long weekend. Is it likely to stay dry and mild or are we being too optimistic this early in the year? I know it’s a week away but any advice welcome.

Advertisement