Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Dark misty and damp this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Tis very dull but dry and mild which will do me. My car is reading 20c right now. .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Cloud is breaking up and the sun is starting to appear here, grand morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Tis very dull but dry and mild which will do me. My car is reading 20c right now. .

Sounds like your car is stationary with the thermometer for the car facing the sun side. It's definitely not 20c, assuming you are in Ireland. Even if it was sunny at your location, it would most likely still not be near 20c at this time of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Max of 14C around stations on the 10.00 report, nowhere near 20C yet.

• Advertisement

There is no sun to face . Yeah I know it's not accurate at all, but it hasn't gone above 12 in a while so nice to see.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

definitely warmer here today, still mostly cloudy tho. Won't be any need to keep the heating on today and may not need to light the fire during the evenings this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Sun shining all morning here in north Kerry,wasn't expecting it as forecast said it would be cloudy and foggy in the west

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Warm here in Cork City but very cloudy with no sign of it breaking up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

grand warm sunny day here in the northwest just like Met Eireann said.

16c and rising

and 4th day of 2018 that my hands havent been numb

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Finally decent blue skies in Mayo

The cloud seems to be thinning pretty much nationwide now so I reckon we'll be getting more and more reports of sunny spells in the next hour or so. This should coincide with reports of increasing temperatures too.
    20c may not be officially reached today but if not, I would be pretty confident that 20c will be exceeded tomorrow and Sunday.

Very dull start to the day in Castlebar, just cracked 16C though but the humidity is steadily creeping up as well making it feel a bit muggy out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Lucky here in Tralee with good clear suuny spells with broken cloud all day. Feeling much warmer and feeling very comfortable in short sleeves. Dont have readings but about 15C or 16C atm I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Listening to a cuckoo giving it socks here outside Claremorris. First time I’ve heard one in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Brilliant day in Dublin. Clear skies right now, just like this day last year.

It was cloudy earlier with brief sunny breaks. It wasn't too warm either. Perfect weather for long walks.

Sun just came through a small break in the clouds and it's warm right , hopefully they start breaking up still a blanket of cloud otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Always amazes me the variation in weather in Dublin.

Proximity to the sea is almost the reason during the warmer months. I'm originally from close to the east coast and it would often be clear for days on end with much more cloud a km or two inland.

I'm currently walking from the city centre to inchicore. While it's evident that cloud is breaking further all around, it's only clear to my East, towards the sea.

It's very close to full sun in the city centre now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Do you mean that as in Dublin has different weather to the rest of the country or there's different weather in different parts of Dublin?

It was cloudy earlier but I didn't mind. It has been sunny for a few hours. It's cloudier now than when I last reported but still sunny.

You must be delighted today ? I'm just the other west of the galtees and it's absolutely beautiful, blue sky and 19c

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Sun just out in the last half an hour here in West Clare, nice and warm, however a bit of a cool breeze.

Xenji wrote: »
    Very dull start to the day in Castlebar, just cracked 16C though but the humidity is steadily creeping up as well making it feel a bit muggy out.

Opposite in the east of the country. The Dublin area had RH in the high 80's/low 90's % when it was duller earlier. Currently in the high 60's/low 70's %.

The three main weather stations in the Dublin Metropolitan area have temperatures of 16 - 18c at present.

highdef wrote: »
    Opposite in the east of the country. The Dublin area had RH in the high 80's/low 90's % when it was duller earlier. Currently in the high 60's/low 70's %.

The three main weather stations in the Dublin Metropolitan area have temperatures of 16 - 18c at present.

The sun has been trying to poke out in the last half hour, but we have maxed out at 16C for the day by the looks of it, still 86% humidity though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Xenji wrote: »
    The sun has been trying to poke out in the last half hour, but we have maxed out at 16C for the day by the looks of it, still 86% humidity though.

Humidity's been falling at Knock since half 2. However, it's quite a chilly 13c there! Humidity 77%

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sun trying to break through at last.. West Mayo offshore island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

You must be delighted today ? I'm just the other west of the galtees and it's absolutely beautiful, blue sky and 19c

Smashing day just in from work going to sit in the sun and relax for a while.

Blue sky at last in Cork City , just in time for Ed Sheeran concert!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Brilliant day in Dublin. Clear skies right now, just like this day last year.

It was cloudy earlier with brief sunny breaks. It wasn't too warm either. Perfect weather for long walks.

Pretty meh day at Grange just up the road :cool:, not a lot of sunshine. Mostly cloudy but some nice sunny spells at times.

Advertisement