Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Pretty meh day at Grange just up the road :cool:, not a lot of sunshine. Mostly cloudy but some nice sunny spells at times.

The sunshine has been unbroken here since 2pm or maybe even before that. There's a lot more clouds now but still pleasantly sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Artane2002 wrote: »
    The sunshine has been unbroken here since 2pm or maybe even before that. There's a lot more clouds now but still pleasantly sunny.

I've seen some pictures and frankly, I'm jealous though the cloud is breaking up a bit now here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Completely unbroken sunshine in West Clare since around 5:30. There was a few clouds before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

There was a mixture of cloud and sunshine here today. Now it's mostly clear. It's currently 15.8C. The high today was 19.3C.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Great brightness and sunshine here around Tralee today, got up to 16.9C out here near the coast in a steady breeze and felt warmer in the shelter of the town. After almost full clear skies an hour or so ago cloud has filled in now, no harm as will lock in the bit of warmth :). Now at 12.9C.

The HIRLAM looks the most optimistic tomorrow for temperatures in the E. Looks quite breezy up along the Atlantic coasts tomorrow keeping temperatures down a bit.

nmm_uk1-41-26-4_tlp3.png

2LKF8oH.png

27-778UK_ulo7.GIF

hirlamuk-41-27-0_iek2.png

arpegeuk-41-26-0_zde5.png

tempresult_vsu1.gif

tempresult_umc8.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Turning much more unsettled and cooler next week with rain at times and some strong winds especially in the northwest.

Enjoy the weekend though, nice and settled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

Turning much more unsettled and cooler next week with rain at times and some strong winds especially in the northwest.

Enjoy the weekend though, nice and settled.

I most certainly am enjoying it. Attached photo is taken just now on my walk along the local roads in North Kildare and the view is looking south. Western end of the Wicklow mountains are visible in the distance on the left. Perfect walking weather. Been walking over two hours already and will keep going till I'm tired. Started off dull with low cloud but it broke suddenly in the past half hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Miserable dull day in Galway current temp 13 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Miserable dull day in Galway current temp 13 degrees

VERY disappointing

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

blue skies, not a cloud to be seen, 17C already here at Dunshaughlin. If this keeps up I reckon we could reach 20 or even 21C today at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Waterford - the sun is just waiting to come out, fecking thin layer of low cloud still keeping things "meh" rather than "whayy" Same yesterday until mid afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Same here in Cork , a few blue patches but otherwise a thin layer of cloud just not going away!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Stunning morning in Kildare without a cloud in the sky. The week days have been mostly awful recently but this is the third great weekend in a row here

Stunning morning in Kildare without a cloud in the sky. The week days have been mostly awful recently but this is the third great weekend in a row here

Makes a nice change don't it? Usually it's the other way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I actually prefer nice weekdays rather than nice weekends. Bad weather during weekdays causes too much hassle for me.

Pleasant morning in Dublin 5. Clouds are beginning to build though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Phoenix Park reported 19C at 11.00am.

easily the warmest morning of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭OldRio

Thick cloud and cool wind. A little rain this morning. 6.30 ish. Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Nice and bright today in Castlebar, just 15.3C currently but better then just having a good evening yesterday.

After a terrible start it's turned into a beautiful day in Galway blue sky and my temp is 18 degrees, never thought it would clear up

getting more cloudy here now, but still very warm in the sun, currently 20C. Warmest day of the year here so far. Parts of Dublin reporting 21C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

17C and partly cloudy here in my part of Cork City.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

21c in Kildare now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Partly cloudy and 23.0C here in my back garden.

21C here now but cloud completely taken over. Phoenix Park has reached 22C.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gorgeous day now
    Lawn getting another cut
    It’s joe been cut more this year already than the whole of August on last year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Gonzo wrote: »
    getting more cloudy here now, but still very warm in the sun, currently 20C. Warmest day of the year here so far. Parts of Dublin reporting 21C.

Very sunny here in a cooler, but no less unpleasant 17.0c.

New Moon

Lovely day at Grange with scattered sunny spells and cloud around. The cloud is more broken up than yesterday here.

KysGSN4.jpg

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Lovely day at Grange with scattered sunny spells and cloud around. The cloud is more broken up than yesterday here.

KysGSN4.jpg

Sryanbruen what does the weather look like for Ed Sheeran concert in Galway next weekend

after a glorious morning and early afternoon, this evening is turning into a bit of a disappointment here, totally cloudy now, sun hasn't been out in over half an hour and feeling a little bit cooler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Sryanbruen what does the weather look like for Ed Sheeran concert in Galway next weekend

Rather cool and showery generally. Maybe persistent rain on Friday. Pretty windy also.

Advertisement