Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Sryanbruen what does the weather look like for Ed Sheeran concert in Galway next weekend

At the moment, looks like some rain will be pushing down from the northwest during the morning into the afternoon leaving a window of clearer air behind it before more rain pushing into the west on Sunday but becoming very light and patchy quickly and fizzles out by the afternoon leaving dry conditions. Temperatures most likely cool with only 11 or 12c at best at the moment.

Outlooks still good in FI for a push of high pressure again from mid-May.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Got up to 22°c here in cork city, beautiful evening! Going to Ed Sheeran tonight too and all!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Fantastic day here in Kerry. Got up to 17.2C here near the coast and currently 15.2C . Quite cloudy earlier but with some breaks and sunshine and cleared up gradually as the day went on to completely blue sky now.

QFvF6JS.jpg?1

Y8CScVf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

FABULOUS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Sun shining all day here, got a 10k walk in, so then decided to cut the grass, all going grand until my faithful mower of 10 years decided to blow up and die :(

Sun is still shining though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

^^^^^^^^

To116ui.gif

Looks like a very similar day tomorrow, perhaps better clear skies up until the early afternoon for around here in Kerry and clouding in the afternoon, will see. , bit breezy in the W /NW .

hirlamuk-41-26-0_pdk3.png

nmm_uk1-41-26-4_qav3.png

tempresult_obh5.gif

tempresult_zzw5.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Very disappointing day here in Waterford City with cloud dominating. Sunny spells helped the high up to 14.1c but its grey again now and just 11.2c. Heating just put on as it feels like a Winters night.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Storm 10 wrote: »
    After a terrible start it's turned into a beautiful day in Galway blue sky and my temp is 18 degrees, never thought it would clear up

Same here in east Galway.

The sun was struggling to burn through the clouds earlier in the day, then at 3pm, the skies just cleared. I am now a bit sunburnt and I’m loving it! :) First al fresco meal of the year a few hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭acequion

Fantastic day here in Kerry. Got up to 17.2C here near the coast and currently 15.2C . Quite cloudy earlier but with some breaks and sunshine and cleared up gradually as the day went on to completely blue sky now.

QFvF6JS.jpg?1

Y8CScVf.jpg

Thanks Meteorite58. Yes it was indeed a beautiful day here in Tralee,it felt hot in my garden. Even still now there's unbroken blue sky. A great evening for a walk on the beach.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Syran have a communion next Saturday in the south tipp area,just wondering what the charts are showing for then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Got up to 22°c here in cork city, beautiful evening! Going to Ed Sheeran tonight too and all!

No it didn't

Syran have a communion next Saturday in the south tipp area,just wondering what the charts are showing for then

Looking at the models for next Saturday, a cold front pushes southwards from the northwest during the morning and into the afternoon - probably reaching your area by around the mid to late morning or midday - followed by some showers behind it. The rain looks like it won't be all that heavy with totals of up to 2-4mm perhaps.

Maximum temperatures up to 13c if you're lucky and catch some sunshine.

So a pretty typical Irish weather day really besides the fact that temperatures at or just slightly below average.

CWQb0lX.png

Clouds were disappearing this evening to leave a lovely sight at Grange.

aHYDgb0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭giveitholly

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Looking at the models for next Saturday, a cold front pushes southwards from the northwest during the morning and into the afternoon - probably reaching your area by around the mid to late morning or midday - followed by some showers behind it. The rain looks like it won't be all that heavy with totals of up to 2-4mm perhaps.

Maximum temperatures up to 13c if you're lucky and catch some sunshine.

So a pretty typical Irish weather day really besides the fact that temperatures at or just slightly below average.

CWQb0lX.png

Thanks

Wet and windy weather Weds with big seas following.

Dmz5I2D.png?1

IeLHDOE.png

jSfU9Zg.png

uAAfTM6.png

tempresult_xfy7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Beautiful day in Kildare & Dublin, third warm sunny Saturday in a row.

Deep blue skies in Portmarnock earlier with sea fog visible in the distance :cool:

20180505_145344.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

MidMan25 wrote: »
    No it didn't

It very possibly did. I had 21c in open countryside in North cork. City is usually warmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

No it didn't

It very possibly did. I had 21c in open countryside in North cork. City is usually warmer.

Cork Airport recorded a max temp of 14.8c. The city was not 7 degrees warmer, it's a couple of miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Cork Airport recorded a max temp of 14.8c. The city was not 7 degrees warmer, it's a couple of miles away.

11c was the max at roches point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

cloudy in Kilkenny :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Didn't see that. Very doubtful so. But the enclosure of buildings and concrete ground do make huge rise in temps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Clear skies in Dublin 5 for now at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Fingers crossed for better luck with the cloud today. Had a nice morning and early afternoon yesterday (D9) but after that sunshine itself was at a premium until late evening. Stayed a nice temperature regardless.

Lovely out there now but can see the same clouds to my South starting to rear their head, hoping they stay away.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Beautiful morning in East Galway

And also a couple of feet lower down and not as open. It got to 21 degrees , my.neighbours Davis station recorded as such. Happened last warm spell too.

Currently 13 degrees and cloudy in Cork City. The last two days the cloud broke up , but last night's weather for that Ed Sheeran concert was brilliant! Wasn't even cold ��

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

18 c here in Dublin . Clear skies

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Clear sky and sunny in meath

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Surprised at the low maxima yesterday. Athenry’s maximum was 16.5 degrees. I was in east Galway and I’m sunburned!

Advertisement