Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Mostly sunny with some patches of low cloud/mist obscuring the sun from time to time. Pleasant in the sun but feeling cool when that sea breeze picks up. Don't have a term. but I reckon the temp is a good 5 degrees lower than more inland areas of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭acequion

Lovely in Tralee. Very like yesterday. A few fluffy clouds about but yesterday they dissipated as the day went on so hopefully it will be the same today. Feeling pleasantly warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Good day in the Deise today sun blazing since about 11.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Not a cloud in the sky here in Tipp town. My weather app tells me is 17 degrees, don't know how accurate it is though.

Makes living in a crap town all the more bearable on days like today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Still sunny here in east Galway but cloud is bubblin’ up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Clear and 21.1C here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cloud is becoming more and more broken here in cork city 17C rn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

A balmy 22.8c in the garden in D14 at the moment.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

22C here in Dunshaughlin, yesterday's high here was 21C. Easily the warmest two days of the year so far!. Today is the better of the two days with barely any cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I'll say it, absolute scorcher!

0FZ9rmp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

23.3c atm in Dublin 16. Wall to wall sunshine all day.

Not quite as warm here as yesterday. Wall to wall sunshine but the high today was 21.4c unlike yesterday's 23.1C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Also hit 23.3c here, back to 22.0c at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭griffzinho

12.5c in Clonakilty. Not one bit of sun the past two days. Thick permanent cloud. 😟

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A lovely afternoon in Castlebar, it got up to 17.4C, but it has been sandwiched between heavy cloud in the morning and in the last hour, only 14.6C currently with no sign of the cloud shifting again for the evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I'm guessing Grange is Dunsany.... Anyone able to confirm?

highdef wrote: »

Yes it is.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

highdef wrote: »

Yes.

Had a high of 23.4c here in Dublin 16. Great day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭J6P

Must have been a big gradient in Dublin today. Living beside the airport and was really nice earlier. Went out to the coast and was f'n freezing with the sea breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭OldRio

Drizzle this morning. Disappointing after yesterday.
    Public Holiday weather.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cloudy here, hopefully the clouds will burn off during the morning.

Gonzo wrote: »
    cloudy here, hopefully the clouds will burn off during the morning.

Starting to break up now at Grange.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Starting to break up now at Grange.

breaking up here too, but I think today will generally be more cloudy and maybe not quite as warm as yesterday. Yesterday may have been the peak of it for Ireland. Temps here currently 4C down on this time yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

It's already 25C at LHR (London Heathrow). It's supposed to get to 27C there but I wouldn't be surprised if it went up to 28C or even 29C somewhere in the UK.

Meanwhile, it's nice in Dublin. Broken high clouds and weak sunshine getting through the clouds.

Edit: It was actually 25C there at the time I posted. It's 26C now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

cloudy in cork city with no sign of it breaking up sadly

Mostly cloudy here with the odd sunny break. Still it's 19.0C so I suppose not too bad for a cloudy day.

just reached 18C here now, don't think the temps will get much higher, its a very nice day but noticeably fresher than yesterday and much weaker sunshine.

Tomorrow there could be a 15C difference between Dublin and London.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Can someone explain please why in these set ups, when the warmest uppers are coming from the south, that the highest temps are to the north? We have had some bwautiful evening sunshine here in Cork this weekend but I doubt the temp has gone above about 16c and its mostly been well below even that. its 12c right now with 8c uppers overhead?

Advertisement