Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Easily the warmest day of this warm spell here on the more exposed part of the Dublin coast. Sea breeze has calmed down a lot today with cloudy to partly cloudy skies. Hoping irish sea ssts are a good deal warmer for the next warm spell!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Can someone explain please why in these set ups, when the warmest uppers are coming from the south, that the highest temps are to the north? We have had some bwautiful evening sunshine here in Cork this weekend but I doubt the temp has gone above about 16c and its mostly been well below even that. its 12c right now with 8c uppers overhead?

The wind is coming off the sea for you so the cooler sea will cool down the coast also. It's like in winter, it is colder inland than the sea because the sea warms the coast up during winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Not yesterday's scorcher but a grand day with some sunny spells here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Nice here now. Warmer than yesterday although not quite as sunny. In fact the warmest day of the weekend. It's 23.3C and mostly clear.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Not yesterday's scorcher but a grand day with some sunny spells here and there.

You thought yesterday was a scorcher? It felt pleasant outside to me, not too hot but it was quite warm in our house. Everyone has a different opinion on what temperature is warm/not warm though.

• Advertisement

Artane2002 wrote: »
    You thought yesterday was a scorcher? It felt pleasant outside to me, not too hot but it was quite warm in our house. Everyone has a different opinion on what temperature is warm/not warm though.

Blue skies and 22c+ is a scorcher to me though high teens and low 20s can feel like one too.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Blue skies and 22c+ is a scorcher to me though high teens and low 20s can feel like one too.

I usually feel the same way but for some reason it felt nice yesterday. I remember walking home from school one day and it was 19C and the heat gave me a headache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Day started off cloudy here than brightened up in the afternoon. Has clouded over since with some ominous looking clouds out to the west. That could be the end of the warm weather for a while now. South sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Much fresher here in Castlebar at 12 degrees but not a bad morning at all. Some light showers but good sunshine in beteen. Moderate south west wind,gusty at times.

• Advertisement

A largely dull morning with some light rain for a bit but otherwise, a nice sunny day. Not as bad as I thought it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ollie103

Sorry if this is not the right thread but any forecasts for Friday for the Malahide area in Dublin: its the first day of the Test and the forecast looks bad... ME forecast has rain arriving around lunchtime - any change the rain system from the west might be delayed giving us a few more hours of play... (yes - wishful thinking!!).

Yr.no has the rain arriving sooner... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Turned into a very pleasant evening - mostly clear and sunny with a high of 18.1C.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Front associated with the filing LP set to pass over us during the early hours, breezy day tomorrow and windy/ fresh along Atlantic coasts.

OBTPtoD.jpg?1

8zJ6EkO.png?1

tempresult_zxo3.gif

tempresult_fxh5.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Quite windy/ blustery Thurs night into Fri and could get interesting with the passage of the fronts with some heavy rainfall and looking thundery behind it.

GkvU9PX.png?1

tempresult_aqv1.gif

tempresult_ldp9.gif

CMBw3zZ.png

tempresult_zwj5.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Looks like the dry start to may will be compensated for at least.

Could be a few heavy bursts of rain on Fri

dcjNEow.png

qoQG92w.png

mhcnSqi.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭giveitholly

What's Saturday looking like meteorite?

What's Saturday looking like meteorite?

Lots of convection giving big showers of rain and chance of hail . Thunder possible also. Chance of some longer spells of rain as bands of rain swirl in from an area of LP slowly drifting by us and filling on Sat. Don't think we will be sitting out tanning ourselves :pac:

tempresult_bwk4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Shockingly loud heavy deluges non stop and high winds,, Offshore island West Mayo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Torrential rain currently in Castlebar, it has been a horrible wet and dark morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Bit of a squall line seems to be developing over Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Following a morning of heavy rain its now dry in Castlebar with sunny spells developing. Fresh westerly wind

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

horrible, wet, cold and bleak day here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

It's weels like this that I'm reminded why Irish summer doesn't officially start until June, even if culturally the seasons all begin one month earlier than their climatological counterparts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

We can and do get this weather any time of year!

One thing to note, we're now seeing the very definitive breakdown of the 2017/2018 polar vortex until next autumn:

ECH1-240.GIF?09-12

tempresult_xkf0.gif

That's the kind of Northern block I'd love to see in Winter :D What kind of change in the weather does this bode for this time of year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Spent Sunday Monday and Tuesday in Munich. No cloud no rain no showers just 3 glorious days of bright sunshine and temperatures of 24 degrees each day. I heard people at work talk about the great weather I missed? Was this Sunday only? I’ve seen photos of events Monday and it looked overcast and it rained yesterday?

Spent Sunday Monday and Tuesday in Munich. No cloud no rain no showers just 3 glorious days of bright sunshine and temperatures of 24 degrees each day. I heard people at work talk about the great weather I missed? Was this Sunday only? I’ve seen photos of events Monday and it looked overcast and it rained yesterday?

Monday wasn't as sunny but it was still ~19-20 degrees, at least in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

We had 4 days of sun here in Greystones.

Advertisement