Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Fantastic day in Waterford, Max Temp a year high of 21.1c, More cloud about over the next few days though but hopefully the sun will win out

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

A large amount of cloud streaming in over the East currently from all the way back to SE England. Hopefully it burns off as it moves further west over Ireland so at least some of the country can bask in sunshine. Looks like that's happening anyway as the cloud bank isn't making much inroads past the middle of the country.

I'm no expert on thunderstorms - would any showers arriving on the direct East coast be thundery? Would they not need more warmth? I know other factors come in to play but just curious.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yep very cloudy here too, only 14C as well. The east coast may not see any real warmth from this spell till at least Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Overcast and rather chilly in Dublin 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Glorious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

22c here now in county Limerick. Amazing that the east west divide is in our favour for once

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

21.8C in Castlebar currently, feels like quite awhile since we had two days like this in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

A stubborn 16.8c in West Clare today thanks to a sea breeze. Got up to 17.1c earlier.

Very warm once you're not in the breeze however, I'd say the temperature is much higher in sheltered areas than it is in the open.

Completely cloudless however, beautiful day with no end in sight!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light rain in Dublin 16. 14.6c atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

2pm reports

Claremorris 22 degrees
    Mount Dillon 22
    Athenry 21

Johnstown Castle 13 degrees
    Dublin airport 14.
    Casement 15.

(We will pay for this all summer long )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

light to moderate rain shower. Strong enough radar echoes west of Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

patneve2 wrote: »
    light to moderate rain shower. Strong enough radar echoes west of Waterford
    Just had some spots of rain when it was passing over waterford city

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sun trying to make an appearance here, no rain so far. Still chilly at 14C, had to put my jumper back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Raining in Dublin now...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Moderate Fall of rain now in Kildare. Convective drops as they are big.

km79 wrote: »

(We will pay for this all summer long )

Heavy shower now and every skylight and window open in the house !

Line of heavy showers developing Mid West. A few likely to be torrential and thundery.

And there goes summer 2018..

Clouds and rain came in very fast and temperature plummeted to 17 from 22 in 1 hour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Smashing morning and afternoon in Galway. Headed to rinville and it was beautiful. Now back in tuam and the clouds are looking fairly dodgy. There's showers on the way I'd say.

light rain shower here, feeling cold, 13C.

And there goes summer 2018..

Clouds and rain came in very fast and temperature plummeted to 17 from 22 in 1 hour

"There goes summer 2018"

Pfft! Read the forecast!

Plus, it's spring ;)

JCX BXC wrote: »
    "There goes summer 2018"

Pfft! Read the forecast!

Plus, it's spring ;)

I'm aware of the forecast, warm rain isn't it?

I'm aware of the forecast, warm rain isn't it?

Occasional showers but sunny and warm for the most part.

I can nearly write off today now. Disappointing/frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

On a totally unrelated note to today, remember Knock Airport's very low sunshine total it was recording in April 2018? According to Met Éireann, there was an outage at Knock Airport during the month causing the figures for it to be unreliable. Therefore, it is not possible to get an exact sunshine total for the station for the month of April 2018.

What was strange was that they included Knock Airport in the sunshine total graphic at the end of the monthly weather summary for April 2018 but disregarded it in the summary itself.

Here's what they said exactly in reply to an email:
    Yes there was an outage at Knock Airport during the month of April so the sunshine totals for Knock were disregarded in the report. It does appear in the graphic though, but we are in the process of fixing this. It will be updated before close of business today.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to get a figure for sunshine total for Knock because the Sunshine recorder was not burning the sunshine card, due to a fault, for much of the time. Therefore, all figures for Knock are unreliable for April 2018. That is why we described it as not available. If my Quality Control colleagues deem that some daily figures are redeemable, I will forward you on these

The sunshine total for Belmullet during the month was 141.2 hours whilst Knock Airport falsely having 71.1 hours. Over 70.1 hour difference between them in terms of sunshine during April 2018 yet their distance is only 102km.

Just wanted to clear this up.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Occasional showers but sunny and warm for the most part.

Cloudy for the most part with occasional sun and showers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Warm out but starting to rain now in Cork City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

The rain got a bit heavier here but never gave anything substantial. Was still able to mow the lawn during it. there was 0.2mm recorded. It's been pretty much cloudy otherwise. It's 14.4C now. The high was 15.8C.

Advertisement