Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The heat will spark some significant showers tomorrow by the looks of things.
    Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Wexford, Cork and Waterford
    Heavy thundery downpours are expected at times Saturday evening/overnight with local falls of 25 to 35mm possible.

Issued: Friday 25 May 2018 13:00

Valid from Saturday 26 May 2018 21:00 to Sunday 27 May 2018 06:00

• Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

JCX BXC wrote: »
    The heat will spark some significant showers tomorrow by the looks of things.

That's what was being picked up on met and yr.no 2 days ago
    Then went
    And now it's back again so looks like it will hit
    It's more southerly now though so may spare me the worst of it!

km79 wrote: »
    That's what was being picked up on met and yr.no 2 days ago
    Then went
    And now it's back again so looks like it will hit
    It's more southerly now though so may spare me the worst of it!

There was always a chance of heavy showers. However a simple symbol won't tell you that a). Showers don't kick off until evening or after dark and b). The shower will definitely hit your area.

At least the showers are not during the day, so many can enjoy the good weather before the convective showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

There was always a chance of heavy showers. However a simple symbol won't tell you that a). Showers don't kick off until evening or after dark and b). The shower will definitely hit your area.

At least the showers are not during the day, so many can enjoy the good weather before the convective showers.

I don't look at the met symbols or text forecasts
    Use it only for radar and now also the predictive rain forecast. I used to use the met office one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

compsys wrote: »
    Where are you based? I’m on my mobile so your location doesn’t show.

In Dublin there were 4 days around 20c the first week in May. That’s 6 degrees above average.

Most stations recording above average temps for May according to ME.

Again, hyperbole.

I'm based close to the mouth of the Liffey between the Point and Grand Canal Dock. Perhaps it has a microclimate here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Getting rather cloudy here at Grange now with hazy sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

A blazing 25 degrees here in the north east

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Where's that info from?

From a West Clare point of view, it's certainly looking like far from an average weekend, however if you were to read Met Eireanns symbols, you'd think it was nothing out of the ordinary.

That information is from the website you told me to look up when I said it's going to be a dull, wet weekend albeit warm. It's agreeing with me now :)

A beautiful 20.6c in West Clare with not a cloud nor contail to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,112 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

21.6c and very gusty. This is the warmest north easterly I've ever experienced.
    There's always a nip when it comes from that direction but today its balmy.
    Not complainin' :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Fecking heat! When will it end? ;)

High of 24 c which is mad Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Got to 22 degrees so far in Cork City however cloud is starting to roll in and blocking the sun every so often! :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

22C and blue skies and a very warm wind!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

23.4C here with an almost clear sky. Quite breezy but it's warm enough for the wind not to feel unpleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

What will the weatjer ne like thursday-Friday next week. Will it be wet or is it just a reduction to more average temperatures and more cloud?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

What will the weatjer ne like thursday-Friday next week. Will it be wet or is it just a reduction to more average temperatures and more cloud?

Tis easy known these lot have no silage to make!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Beautiful warm sunny evening here looking forward to getting out and about now to enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Some cloud about now and the temperature's dropped to 20.8C.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Stunning day albeit a few cloudier intervals. Max of 24.1c at my station in the suburbs of Waterford City. The warmest day since July 24th last year.

www.waterfordweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

If I was to go to a beach tomorrow which would have the better chance of most sunshine, tramore , youghal, ballybunnion, killkee, or salthill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Only hit 17C briefly today in Castlebar so a bit of a change , currently 13.2C with a moderate breeze making it feel colder.

Still about 22 degrees here in Cork City surprisingly! Even Cork Airport, up about 200m from the city and wide open, is reporting 20 degrees. Shocker. First time i have seen it above the teens so far this year

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Well done Cork :).

Thought it felt pretty hot alright! Hey I got a nice tan, was worth it

#UpTheRebels #CorkRules :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭cute geoge

If I was to go to a beach tomorrow which would have the better chance of most sunshine, tramore , youghal, ballybunnion, killkee, or salthill?

Stunning day here in ballybunion today anyway ,the breeze was even warm .Just in out of car and temp. is still 14.5 .The sun went down a ball of fire so tomorrow is looking good here!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Tramore today was stunning. Temp at the moment is still 18 degrees strong, there is a slight breeze but its a warm one.

If you're planning to go early, I'd say Youghal or maybe tramore (they often get seafog though), if it's later in the day the latter 3 look good. Salthill probably the least exposed to the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

If you're planning to go early, I'd say Youghal or maybe tramore (they often get seafog though), if it's later in the day the latter 3 look good. Salthill probably the least exposed to the wind.[/QUOTETramore have a webcam that you can check just click the bottom right picture
    http://tramoreweathercam.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

In his forecast this morning MT said the following

"Highs 18 to 22 C, although closer to 15 C near east and south coasts. "

Can someone explain why MT was predicting 15 degrees when we ended up getting 22C+ on the south coast at Roches Point and Sherkin?

• Advertisement

MidMan25 wrote: »
    In his forecast this morning MT said the following

"Highs 18 to 22 C, although closer to 15 C near east and south coasts. "

Can someone explain why MT was predicting 15 degrees when we ended up getting 22C+ on the south coast at Roches Point and Sherkin?

The wind was supposed to be North Easterly, but ended up more northerly. The coolness of the sea should have knocked a bit off the temperatures, but due to the strong nature of the northerly wind it prevented a sea breeze and led a warm offshore wind.

My 2c anyway.

Advertisement