Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Lovely here now suns out and warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A lovely day in Castlebar, clouding over a bit now but still 20.3C, it got up to 22.7C for a time earlier.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Cloud on and off throughout the day and it is at it's most clear now ( 6 oktas) hovering around 20C.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cloudy for most of the day, more blue sky then cloud now.when the sun's out it's warm in Cork City. There looks to be a array of clouds moving in though about 2 hours away still. Wind from the NE rn

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

While dissapointed all afternoon, it cleared to blue skies after 6pm and I recorded a Max of 22.2c at 6:50pm, just 40 minutes ago. Very mild evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Very mild balmy but rather cloudy evening here now. I’ll take it though it feels like a summers night, love the balminess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

hazy sunshine and a lovely warm breeze here in sligo all day but its clouded over now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Sticky here in the Midlands... 😓

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Sticky here in the Midlands... ��
    Would hate to be near the river or lake. would be eaten alive with the midges

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

The sun sets on a what is a lovely warm evening here in Castlebar,still 19 degrees
    33513662_2112455192104926_6928611877215797248_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=72b442698c5cf2b1dbf5acfbcc1730d6&oe=5B895A76

• Advertisement

Nearly 10pm and its 19.3 degrees in my area of Cork City. Hot and sticky. Uncomfortable this late

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Artane2002

After a nice start, it has been pretty poor. It has been overcast, which isn't the worst but it is pretty bad considering what today could have been like.

Still 17.8C in Castlebar, 5 degrees warmer than any other night this week at this hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Artane2002

My friend in London is saying there is a thunderstorm there. She is reporting heavy rain and constant lightning for the past 20 minutes.

In Dublin Airport it's 15C. I can't say the same for D5 but the wind is making it feel cold. Cloudy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

JCX BXC wrote: »
    While dissapointed all afternoon, it cleared to blue skies after 6pm and I recorded a Max of 22.2c at 6:50pm, just 40 minutes ago. Very mild evening.

Hate to be that guy, but I did tell you, cloudy with sunny intervals..

Met change there forcasts more than I do underpants

Hate to be that guy, but I did tell you, cloudy with sunny intervals..

Met change there forcasts more than I do underpants

I find their forecasts to be generally accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I find their forecasts to be generally accurate.

Did today not prove the opposite? I find they change them too much an almost give current conditions rather than forecasts.

Mt is the man, and syrans long range forecasts have been excellent this last few months.

Did today not prove the opposite? I find they change them too much an almost give current conditions rather than forecasts.

Mt is the man, and syrans long range forecasts have been excellent this last few months.

A small sample is a poor sample.

Im not going to berate anyone, I find ME, MT and Syran all to work with good levels of accuracy, but over the last few years I've found ME often trump them, naturally enough as they have the resources. Exceptions to this of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Stunning day in London today. I see on raintoday.co.uk some thunder showers there now. Cool when landed back in Dublin but dont know what temp-it was windy tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

A small sample is a poor sample.

Im not going to berate anyone, I find ME, MT and Syran all to work with good levels of accuracy, but over the last few years I've found ME often trump them, naturally enough as they have the resources. Exceptions to this of course.

MT seems to be the one that sticks his neck on the line and say the best case scenario for weather lovers as soon as he see's it likely. The cold in March, the storm last year and the heat we have now within the last 12 months all proof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

The minimum at Roche's Point yesterday was 14.1c whilst Moore Park got down to 13.7c. Very warm for May.

23.6C currently in Castlebar, highest it has hit this week, not often have we got 5 days over 20C in one week in May in recent times.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another cool, dull day. Currently 15C and heavy rain.

15 degrees and cloudy in Cork City, not complaining after last nights events though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Beautiful weekend in Donegal, warm and sunny throughout. Missed out on all the action last night (didn't even know about it until I logged on here!) but the summery weather is some consolation at least

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Cool and cloudy today with light rain on and off in north meath, cant complain at all, we've had dry warm and cloudless sunny days since tuesday lunchtime

Met Eireann's temperature forecast map has a temperature of 29c over Kerry on Tuesday.

Met Eireann's temperature forecast map has a temperature of 29c over Kerry on Tuesday.

If that were to come off, it'd be a new May record for Ireland. The Irish record is 28.4c at Ardfert, Co. Kerry on 31st May 1997.

That map is showing very high temperatures for the south on Tuesday. Could see well into the 30's if it came off

• Advertisement

That map is showing very high temperatures for the south on Tuesday. Could see well into the 30's if it came off

Don't ya think you're going a bit overboard there? :p

I mean, the record is only 28.4c.

Advertisement