Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Don't ya think you're going a bit overboard there? :p

I mean, the record is only 28.4c.

Well maybe low 30's, if it says 29 at one station another area could be 30 that isn't recorded :p.

I have little faith in even 29 coming off though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Feels like a fair increase in temperature in the last half hour here, feels very muggy now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭pad199207

feels and looks increasingly like thunder

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It got up to 24.2C in Castlebar today, but the humidity has been really rising in the last few hours, up at 83% now and feeling very close, still 21C out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Nowhere else other than their temperature map suggests temperatures even close to 29c on Tuesday.

For instance, here's their old temperature map.

c5ADGUm.png

Also, their national forecast states high teens to low 20s at best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Really humid in Donegal as well after another beautiful warm day with plenty of sunshine.

Currently sitting in the garden in shorts and t shirt and sweating, not too often I can say that at 8pm in North Donegal!

Forecast on the (admittedly useless) weather symbols on my phone shows highs of 25, 26, 23 and 20 for the next four days

• Registered Users Posts: 23,676 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Temperatures really getting up there by Tuesday - could be looking at up to 29c in sheltered spots in the southwest of the country by that stage.

hirlamuk-0-48-0.png?27-18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

29 is too warm for me i just cant deal with too much heat. Hopefully be a bit cooler in the north west. I shouldnt complain though its been a fantastic may here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭squarecircles

somewhat of a mini irish heatwave on the 12z gfs,the heat just continues on and on and on untill june 10th,if it were to happen the magic 30 might be reached at some point in June.

ukmaxtemp.png
    ukmaxtemp.png
    ukmaxtemp.png
    ukmaxtemp.png
    ukmaxtemp.png
    ukmaxtemp.png
    ukmaxtemp.png
    ukmaxtemp.png

[IMG][/img]334lpq8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Wet morning in Dublin followed by a brighter afternoon. It wasn't even that warm but it was so humid that it actually did feel warm.

warmth continues well into june again on the 18z gfs, before cooling down but staying dry as another high
    orientates itself out to the west of ireland and begins to ridge eastwards again.

ukmaxtemp.png

ukmaxtemp.png

ukmaxtemp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Latest MÉ update on their temperature forecast map looks like no change and an extremely hot day on Tuesday.

Wonderful start to the day at Grange with unbroken sunshine albeit there is some stubborn mist.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mtx

Any rain coming? Can't believe I'm asking that after one of the wettest years on record

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭pauldry

Cloudier in Sligo today albeit 19c

• Registered Users Posts: 31,868 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The cloud has rolled in to tuam
    :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sunniest and warmest day so far since Friday. After a mostly cloudy and relatively cool weekend across much of the east coast regions it's back to warm, sunny weekdays.

Hazy skies are beginning to clear here in Naas. 19c so far. Going to be a warm one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

21.2C already in Castlebar after a cloudy start to the morning, the sun is starting to come through nicely now.

Still clear blue skies.

Fairview Park a few minutes ago.

hDio35z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭pauldry

theres a thick bank of cloud gone over Sligo.

Seems to be expanding

Not much sun here today at least till afternoon

Still its very warm

Up to 20c now. Breeze picking up though. Can see convection over the mtns

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cloudy and humid in Cork City. everything wet after yesterday and just generally meh . Warm though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Only midday and it's 20.7c in West Clare, feeling alot warmer though!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Has reached 22.0c in Dublin 16. No sea (or other) breeze yet. Feeling hot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Low cloud/mist has made an entrance. Should clear eventually. Feeling cool in the shade

Clouding over here in Naas. Still 22c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Scorcher in Donegal after a warm muggy night. 360 degrees clear blue skies with a warm breeze, stunning day again!

Advertisement