Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahvlahn: The "Snow Show Like a Joe Show" Edition - 01/03 two-eighteen so to speak

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,687 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I want the army fella to speak at one of these press conferences, tell it like it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Carina is saying exactly the same thing at the end of this ridiculous programme as she did at the beginning. Pretty much word for word.

Shocking. As usual,any information given in this show could realistically have been given in about 4 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

He will almost certainly run for President after this debacle. I can see it now....Front page of rte guide........ Joe sorts snow and provides heat while Versatis patch users regain feeling in their feet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Greasy Tool

Oh God ! That was better than any Funny fvucking Friday , lol, . Cheers Guys !!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gadgiemagoo

vicwatson wrote: »
    Duffy has such a pissed off, disgruntled & generally miserable face on him for megabucks a year. Ryan Tubirdy, on the other hand, is practically having a rave & bouncing off the walls with his mega watt grin for megabucks a year. Thank God we have a sane, undervalued medium - Sean O'Rourke.

Yeh O'Rourke is well worth the €290,000.00 a year:rolleyes:
    None of them are worth the money, imo. O'Rourke is the best of these broadcasters & while he is on major money (acknowledged by himself) he's not on the megabucks that inspire Duffy & Tubridy to see themselves as Gods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

How are you Brian- you ok Petal?

I'm good, thanks hun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Brenda counting down to four o clock. will bells ring all around the country when it reaches the hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Shot with a ball of their own sh1te the lot of em

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

my thoughts exactly. that's why I wondered if people who actually worked would get time off, for balance and fairness otherwise why should people who live near bother to go into work in the next emergency

Storm Ophelia was a complete fvck up too. Some people came to work not knowing what to expect. Some were told to stay home. Those that came in were told to go home early. Which mean people were then out driving on long commutes in stormy conditions.

I don't know if I'll get these days back again. Probably not. Or we'll be entitled to them and no one will tell us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

I want the army fella to speak at one of these press conferences, tell it like it is.

"The government is taking a strong line on this. Anyone on the street after 4pm will be shot" :pac:

• Advertisement
    M

Brenda counting down to four o clock. will bells ring all around the country when it reaches the hour?

We should all sound the horns on our cars at 4pm for 2 minutes as a mark of respect for the storm.

Storm Ophelia was a complete fvck up too. Some people came to work not knowing what to expect. Some were told to stay home. Those that came in were told to go home early. Which mean people were then out driving on long commutes in stormy conditions.

I don't know if I'll get these days back again. Probably not. Or we'll be entitled to them and no one will tell us.

we were told not to come in on Wednesday unless we felt it was safe to do so. I walked in it was perfectly safe. some colleagues drove some distances to get in. one of my colleagues who lived within walking distance (10 mins) phoned in to say she wouldn't feel safe walking in - footpaths had been cleared so pathetic excuse. she will get paid and won't lose a day annual leave. no need to guess what the people who drove for an hour to get in will do when there's another emergency!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

we were told not to come in on Wednesday unless we felt it was safe to do so. I walked in it was perfectly safe. some colleagues drove some distances to get in. one of my colleagues who lived within walking distance (10 mins) phoned in to say she wouldn't feel safe walking in - footpaths had been cleared so pathetic excuse. she will get paid and won't lose a day annual leave. no need to guess what the people who drove for an hour to get in will do when there's another emergency!

Get used to it bottle, there will always be those who game the system.

At the end of the day you have to be true to yourself, you did your bit and can hold your head high, I know that’s not coin in your pocket, but you can look in the mirror and say, ‘Well ,I did my best’

That does count for something in your personal scheme of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

550+ replies on the liveline thread on one snowy day.

GET BACK TO WORK THE LOT OF YIZ :D

M

550+ replies on the liveline thread on one snowy day.

GET BACK TO WORK THE LOT OF YIZ :D

May I be the first to toast Mr Beast From The East...

500x281

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

De Brand NEW & IMPROVED so to speak 2-18 Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat:

Wurkdays in 2-18 and dat: 43
    Joe Shows: 39
    No Show Joe Shows: 4
    Breakeens 4 Joe: 4

PBH (de full-time host of de show) Shows: 0
    D'Omen Shows: 4
    AN Udder Shows: 0

NEW FEATURE SO TO SPEAK:
    Estimated fees to date dis year: €97,500* (not including 2 days of De Beast From De East TV + Radio Simulcast Xtravaganza + likely "Danger Money" for travelling to and from wurk in de snow and dat).

King-World-News-WTF-Is-Going-On-Here-864x400_c.jpg
    *de fees are calculated at €2,500 per show x days dat Fateen is in so to speak. Dose fees are likely conservative and outdated as day are 2 years old so to speak.

I don't tune in for wan day and ye break de boards and de internet wit yisser all's half a thousind posts and dat. Yisser all are some feckers and dat. :mad:

De big question - should I listen back?

Text N for YES and Y for NO.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Ewe Ormond produced.......of course

M

Wonder will Joe continue with the snow or will todays show be purely about the Ewe Kay and Theresa Mays Brexit speech at 1.30 today?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Wonder will Joe continue with the snow or will todays show be purely about the Ewe Kay and Theresa Mays Brexit speech at 1.30 today?

I've had three inches of snow today so far, and had to clear the steps twice. All that time there was no emergency service to be seen.
    I think I'll ring Joe, it was a disgrace.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Red Fred

As Joe has "worked" (using that term loosely) during the snow, will he be "entitled" to time off in loo so to speak. He must be due an udder breakeen by now in any case.

Don’t forget the likely upcoming irony of Fateen lambasting anyone who defied the “stay indoors” instructions and calls them idiots for endangering themselves, others,and the lives of the emergency services workers........ignoring of course the fact that he did the exact same thing himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Man of the peeple pontificating again. Sid,Irish rail and random acts ok kindness. That's what won't be on,wonder who they are ringing ;)

Tuned in to see if I'd catch de promo but looks like I missed it.

Neil (in for Ronan) wondering does anyone use transistor radios anymore?

Joe: Have you ever been on a Dubalin Bus Neil? All de drivers use trannies so day do and dat. De cheek a ya.

De Brand NEW & IMPROVED so to speak 2-18 Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat:

Wurkdays in 2-18 and dat: 44
    Joe Shows: 40
    No Show Joe Shows: 4
    Breakeens 4 Joe: 4

PBH (de full-time host of de show) Shows: 0
    D'Omen Shows: 4
    AN Udder Shows: 0

NEW FEATURE SO TO SPEAK:
    Estimated fees to date dis year: €100,000*
    (not including de EXTRA FEES for 3 days of De Beast From De East TV + Radio Simulcast Xtravaganza + likely "Danger Money" for travelling to and from wurk in de snow and dat).

King-World-News-WTF-Is-Going-On-Here-864x400_c.jpg
    *de fees are calculated at €2,500 per show x days dat Fateen is in so to speak. Dose fees are likely conservative and outdated as day are 2 years old so to speak.

De only ting on Fateen's moyind twoday:chingching.gif

I see Sid recon Sid ered and stayed in the b and b overnight.wonder did he drive there or the the gubbernment send a chopper for him

I see Sid recon Sid ered and stayed in the b and b overnight.wonder did he drive there or the the gubbernment send a chopper for him

Well , he does have his principles ! lol !

https://goo.gl/images/jFRcsp

A man of principles

• Advertisement

Snow everywhere Joe . Fúckin' Disgsceful !!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement